• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Mass Effect 3

From my understanding, there is no canon ending until Bioware comes out and says that there is. The ending is literally what ever you choose for your character. The only people saying that there is a canon ending are the fans.

No no, I don't mean the actual conclusions being the canon, I just mean the child being an established part of the finale. He never changed, so its safe to say he's a permanent part of mass effect lore.

What is your perfect ending then?

(I'm not being sarcastic, I'm genuinely curious!)

Well basically where peace is brought to all the elements in the galaxy, nobody else dies near the end, no ethical compromises have to be made in the ned and if ones seems inevitable Shepard somehow choices to take a "third option" which he seems good at and which works despite what reality throws at him, where all transportation within the galaxy isn't shut down, and where him and his crew are thought of as heroes and celebrated for a long time to come.

Basically an ending that's good and isn't a crapsack, downer, or even a bittersweet one.

100% completion of all achievements across all three games of the Mass Effect series!

I'm almost at 100% across all three games of the Mass Effect series. ME2 and ME3 were SO SO easy on Insanity, when I play on Hardcore on ME it's twice as hard than Insanity than its successors.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Okay, I finally bought ME3 today and I'm just about to throw it in my console. I've been trying to avoid hearing anything about it these past months but it hasn't been easy, between my mates, Youtube and online chat and so forth.

So it's going to be some long nights for a while, if it's as good as ME1 and 2.

I'm almost at 100% across all three games of the Mass Effect series. ME2 and ME3 were SO SO easy on Insanity, when I play on Hardcore on ME it's twice as hard than Insanity than its successors.

Really? I found the the first ME's Hardcore and Insanity pretty easy, especially once you buy your Spectre gear.

Took me around 30 hours on normal (Just to enjoy the story) and then closer to 40 on insanity, lots of replays lol!

Well basically where peace is brought to all the elements in the galaxy, nobody else dies near the end, no ethical compromises have to be made in the ned and if ones seems inevitable Shepard somehow choices to take a "third option" which he seems good at and which works despite what reality throws at him, where all transportation within the galaxy isn't shut down, and where him and his crew are thought of as heroes and celebrated for a long time to come.

Basically an ending that's good and isn't a crapsack, downer, or even a bittersweet one.

In other words, you want a happy ending.

In other words, you want a happy ending.

*** Possible Spoilers For First Time Players***

Problem with the happy ending in this game is it wouldn't actually work. I think if were presented with the highly polished everything all nice and fluffy and happy ending, it would have been on par with the level of insult we got with the original shit endings.

One thing the producers of the game spoke of that I did agree was the tone of sacrifice through the game. I loved the end where all the characters said goodbye to one another, even in between missions with everyone sharing how they all felt about one another and the world around them crumbling, hell I cared about these characters more than I do some actual friends.

Everytime I played ME2 my entire crew survived the suicide mission, so it wasn't impossible that the perfect ending was achievable. But in this scenario, galaxy wide invasion with a near unstoppable juggernaut of an ending, somewhere down the line we had the serious potential to lose someone in a situation outside of our characters control. Look at Mordin, as I understand it there is one way to save him but at a huge expense elsewhere. I lost EDI as a result of my choice of ending, everyone lost Anderson but I did not want to see Shephard die, and as a result of my ending - He didn't. Far as I was concerned I want to see him put up his feet with the crew, dock the Normandy somewhere sunny and live it up with Tali.

It makes sense for Shephard to have a way out, look at the control and synthesis ending, we have no body left. With destroy we do and it just so happens we have an out, a way to continue Shephards tale and I can't wait to see what they do with that.

We originally lost the relays and the citadel, huge mistakes given how that basically screws over everyone else so I was glad to see them reconsider that one. There is not enough material for a 4th game, but it would be nice to see DLC that wraps up the Destroy ending and gives us as you put it a "Happy" ending.

Shepard dying at the end is a happy ending when you think of it. Saves the galaxy 3x in a row, Citadel council being dicks a lot of the time, Normandy SR1 blows up, Dying the first time, have billions of lost lives from all three galactic terrors, made peace with centuries old feuds, betrayed by Udina, lost a few friends, then die. Bout time he caught a damn break. That's what I call a happy ending, well sort of.

Shepard dying at the end is a happy ending when you think of it. Saves the galaxy 3x in a row, Citadel council being dicks a lot of the time, Normandy SR1 blows up, Dying the first time, have billions of lost lives from all three galactic terrors, made peace with centuries old feuds, betrayed by Udina, lost a few friends, then die. Bout time he caught a damn break. That's what I call a happy ending, well sort of.

I dont see how any hero dying is a happy ending for anyone. To go through 3 games and accomplish what he has, then to die at the end? That's just plain disappointing. I always believe the Hero of any series, with limited exception has the right to enjoy what they have accomplished. Especially in the case of Shephard, the sheer awesome scale of the task you are set and then to die because you pushed a button? No way.

For the record I have no problems with the hero dying but the happy ending should have at least been an option and made gathering all those war assets really count because really as is right now you pretty much come away feeling the same with whatever ending you choose.

Finally finished game the other day.
Played through original ending first then quick load a little bit before last mission with DLC and cleared it again. The extended was alot more satisfying for sure.

Took 5 hours or so to do the new content, being lazy and taking time, I still missed an achievement by failing to locate two items, guess Ill have to wait for someone to post the youtube vids so I can kick myself.

I just got Omega yesterday, playing on Insanity. So far so good. It's nice to have a Executioner Pistol when dealing with the Rampart Mechs and Adjutants.