• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Major Scientists Confirm: Global Warming Panic Is a Hoax

There goes Stan in his Go Kart powered by his own sense of smug, self satisfaction:

[video=dailymotion;x4xmyv]http://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x4xmyv[/video]

Saving the World, huh? Good for you :thumbsup:

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Like I said before, pollution does not abide by national boundaries.

A regional example: I live about 30 miles north of the Mexican maquiladora sector, if you're unfamiliar with the term, look it up. FTZs are notorious for pollution and can contribute heavily to other environmental problems as imports and exports are encouraged, and environmental concerns are not a priority, to say the least. Even if every person in my state, and all states contiguous, drove a hybrid car, used solar panels, recycled, etc... my region would still not have clean breathable air or clean drinkable water, not to mention an ocean without pollutants and constant beach closures. There would still be noticeable pollution, hazy air filled with manufacturing particulates and the air quality would still be terrible.

Let me ask you... Have you ever drank Coca-Cola? Have you ever consumed any products made by Nabisco? Have you ever owned any BRAVIA, Hyundai, Sony, Vizio, Dell, Samsung, Kodak, Panasonic, GE, Microsoft, Cemex, Philips, Pioneer, Siemens or Sanyo products? Ever ridden in a BMW, Jaguar, Toyota, Ford or Volkswagen? All of these companies have manufacturing and distribution plants no more than 45 minutes from where I live. If you're neither refusing to use, nor outright protesting all of these companies and all of their products on a daily basis, you've been partially responsible for the poisoning of MY air and MY drinking water and MY oceans.

Well, it looks like we, as a country, on this issue, are going to be throwing that ball against the wall all by ourselves for the foreseeable future.

Oh, I like guns, now? I've never even held a gun in my entire life, let alone owned one or threatened use of one to "further my cause." My point was that shaming, or forcing people into a state of compliance creates dissidence and weakens your position and legitimacy. But, I guess that's a typical tactic on your part, to skirt the point of the comment, and snidely remark on something irrelevant.

What if people just don't care? What if they would have rather lived their lives doing what they so chose instead of worrying about the environment? Let's say that all this man-made Co2 is depleting the ozone, melting the icecaps, and all life on this planet will be gone in a few hundred years... so what? Why should I care? Don't answer that. Its rhetorical. I don't care... at all.

Why make a "throw-away comment" when the rest of your post is so serious in tone? And why make such an overreaching comment that is a clear attempt to emotionally, and sensationally detract from the point of the discussion?

And speaking of "your cause," what exactly is it? I mean, you have John Lennon tossing up a peace sign in your avatar, and you spout all this hippy-dippy peace and love stuff all over the place, but aside from standing on a soapbox in an internet forum, and ridiculing those who think differently than you do, what do you actually do to combat these issues that you claim to care so fervently about? Do you drive an electric car? Do you always take public transportation? Do you have solar panels installed on your home? Do you refuse to buy products from companies that are known gross polluters?

I understand that you think you're better than most people because you act like you care, and you act like you're fighting this grand crusade of awareness and enlightenment, but in reality, what is it that you actually do that actually has made a difference?

I'll write slow so you can understand. I have only made this point many, many times.
I walk. Everywhere. No, I am serious. Everywhere. Have a 5k run in the next town? Cool. I walk. Have to go to work? Cool. I walk. Farmer's Market. Cool, I walk. The shoes I get (running included) are made in the next town over.
My food? Read the previous paragraph. There is a large clue in there.
My computers? I make them. Get the parts from some local dealers.
Are you seeing a trend here, or do you need a big pretty picture drawn for you?
My carbon footprint is rather small - yet as you have astutely been incapable of figuring out, I do not go drumming it about, as my opinion of myself and PR for myself is of unimportance. I actually find myself to be a rather unimportant person - again, something you have been rather spectacular at not being able to figure out. This is because I am not. I am only one person in a billion - but I figure that if I do my small part in aiding the planet that provided me life, at least I am doing my own small part. So, while I am quite content in being the true small-living, tiny carbon footprint kind of guy, I am also rather content in being myself.
Of course, despite being that one tiny person, I do have the ability to think globally (actually, universally...but that is a whole different thread). I've no kids, but I would like the planet that I live on to be as clean as possible for the next generations. Of course, in reality, I know it will not happen. To be frank, humanity is fucked. No, I mean that literally. We are fucked, and we will fuck ourselves. Our greed and small mindedness are destroying us, and in quicker ways than we realize. I believe we are long, long past the point of no return that environmental scientists have theorized. Not because we have reached the fatal atmospheric PPM saturation point, but because we are leading ourselves towards it at such a pace that we are unable to stop. We are too self centered. We are too greedy. And, to be quite frank, greedy folks such as yourself and Sam are leading the way.
Fortunately, globally, in the long run it will not matter. Eventually, our greed will wipe humanity off the face of the Earth - but Earth will remain. It will probably take a while, but the planet will continue to evolve, continue to regenerate and continue to rebuild, erasing all of our destruction and eventually erasing any trace of humanity off of its face, life once again flourishing and awaiting the next dominate species - one hopefully not as destructive (my bet would be on the dolphins, should they ever figure out how to evolve thumbs). And all of those materialistic monuments you have built for yourself will be insignificant pieces of dust.
Cheers!

I'll write slow so you can understand. I have only made this point many, many times.
I walk. Everywhere. No, I am serious. Everywhere. Have a 5k run in the next town? Cool. I walk. Have to go to work? Cool. I walk. Farmer's Market. Cool, I walk. The shoes I get (running included) are made in the next town over.
My food? Read the previous paragraph. There is a large clue in there.
My computers? I make them. Get the parts from some local dealers.
Are you seeing a trend here, or do you need a big pretty picture drawn for you?
My carbon footprint is rather small - yet as you have astutely been incapable of figuring out, I do not go drumming it about, as my opinion of myself and PR for myself is of unimportance. I actually find myself to be a rather unimportant person - again, something you have been rather spectacular at not being able to figure out. This is because I am not. I am only one person in a billion - but I figure that if I do my small part in aiding the planet that provided me life, at least I am doing my own small part. So, while I am quite content in being the true small-living, tiny carbon footprint kind of guy, I am also rather content in being myself.
Of course, despite being that one tiny person, I do have the ability to think globally (actually, universally...but that is a whole different thread). I've no kids, but I would like the planet that I live on to be as clean as possible for the next generations. Of course, in reality, I know it will not happen. To be frank, humanity is fucked. No, I mean that literally. We are fucked, and we will fuck ourselves. Our greed and small mindedness are destroying us, and in quicker ways than we realize. I believe we are long, long past the point of no return that environmental scientists have theorized. Not because we have reached the fatal atmospheric PPM saturation point, but because we are leading ourselves towards it at such a pace that we are unable to stop. We are too self centered. We are too greedy. And, to be quite frank, greedy folks such as yourself and Sam are leading the way.
Fortunately, globally, in the long run it will not matter. Eventually, our greed will wipe humanity off the face of the Earth - but Earth will remain. It will probably take a while, but the planet will continue to evolve, continue to regenerate and continue to rebuild, erasing all of our destruction and eventually erasing any trace of humanity off of its face, life once again flourishing and awaiting the next dominate species - one hopefully not as destructive (my bet would be on the dolphins, should they ever figure out how to evolve thumbs). And all of those materialistic monuments you have built for yourself will be insignificant pieces of dust.
Cheers!

That's a Cut-n-Paste if I ever saw one. :busted:

Anybody that makes the argument that is no such thing as climate change is a moron. What can be and quite frankly, should be debated is whether or not that change is man made or natural. Now let's say that we clean everything up,renewable energy becomes the norm and we all but eliminate emissions only to find out that it was a naturally occurring event. What is the worst case scenario? We leave things cleaner for those who come after us? How is this a bad thing?

Red XXX

Official Checked Star Member
For those people that don't think the world is getting warmer...the world just recently had the hottest 12 month span in recorded human history.
In geological terms 'recorded human history' isn't even the blink of an eye, we are at the moment coming to the peak of the last interglacial warming period. Give it a further 5000 odd years and will see if man has effected natural global warming, but 20 odd years of bad science won't give you the answer. Take the political funding out of science and we might get back to some proper answers!

I don't really care about global warming because I'm not that concerned with the long-term future of the planet, but I haven't heard any respected climatologist deny (with current evidence) that there are some climatic changes taking place that humans have contributed to. Most of the dissenting opinions are from people that are not experts in the area, so basically what they say is worthless in comparison. It's usually the likes of political scientists, lawyers, or columnists.

What use would making false claims be? Global warming is bad for petroleum and gas companies, which are some of the largest and most influential organizations in the world.

The strongest consensus on the causes of global warming came from climatologists who are active in climate research, with 97 percent agreeing humans play a role.
http://articles.cnn.com/2009-01-19/world/eco.globalwarmingsurvey_1_global-warming-climate-science-human-activity?_s=PM:WORLD
I respect the opinion of the scientific community when it agrees so heavily on something. They study, do research, analyze information, and submit ideas for rigorous peer review. They've forgotten more about climate than most people ever knew.

That said, I'm not that concerned either way. We'll be fine.

And then, there's this fucking hypocrite.

gore.jpg

I find it very sadly amusing the attitude that people have that basically goes, "Other people in the world are doing something wrong and I might not make a difference so why should I even try to do the right thing".

Has anybody ever heard of doing the right thing for no other reason than because it's the right thing to do? Not to mention it does nothing more than creates a self fulfilling prophecy. If nobody starts the changes that are needed, then yes they are never going to happen. However, somebody needs to start somewhere when things need to get better so it might as well start with you. That's the attitude that should be taken. I also hate that line of thinking above because it just reeks of lame rationalizing. I would like people to admit that they are doing something wrong and they either 1. don't give a crap about what's right or 2. don't want to be inconvenienced by doing the right thing. Don't try to pull crap and lie to others and even more so to yourselves by pretending that you're actually doing the right thing somehow. I would at least have the smallest iota more respect (not much though) for those people then.

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
The Swiss confirm global warming. I've seen pictures of much-shrunken glaciers.
Who do you think I trust more, the solid as a rock Swiss or swamp-slime like Fisher posting Bullshit ad-infinitum? Give up Fisher, you're not fooling anyone.

Shifty

O.G.
Anybody that makes the argument that is no such thing as climate change is a moron. What can be and quite frankly, should be debated is whether or not that change is man made or natural. Now let's say that we clean everything up,renewable energy becomes the norm and we all but eliminate emissions only to find out that it was a naturally occurring event. What is the worst case scenario? We leave things cleaner for those who come after us? How is this a bad thing?

Worst case scenario? Well, how about a myriad of misinformed, asshat, vote-grubbing, shit-for-brains politicians pushing renewable (Green) energy on the masses and pissing away millions of dollars in pursuit of theories?

If climate change is natural, then we (man) should not attempt to change it, should we? Why not? 'Cuz we can't! (Again, the pissing away millions of dollars comes into play here.)

Remember that Thread that SupaDupaFly posted showing the photos of the tiniest things, all the way up to the most gigantic? Go back to that thread and find Earth. Look where it is in the whole scheme of everything in that diagram. It barely registers in the Universe. It's like the tip of a needle among so many vastly larger things.

Yet we are being told that WE are making the earth warmer??? Give me a fucking break, people!

It's a fact that our sun is going to turn into a super nova in five billion years. That means, global warming will be REAL. So real, that everything in this galaxy will be sucked into the black hole.

So, remember to recycle!

lol

Seriously.... the earth is fine. This whole fallacy started back in the 1970s, and they called it Earth Day. Then, it became Global Warming. And now, it is being called Climate Change. Stick around for a year or more and the Earth First people will have changed the name to something else.

Has anyone in here ever driven across the country? Through New Mexico? Arizona, Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Utah, Nevada, etc., etc? People, there is a WHOLE LOTTA NOTHING in this country of ours. Hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of square miles that man has never ever set foot on.

It's all a money making scheme, and all you have to do is follow the money and see who is getting the richest from this fallacy called CLIMATE CONTROL.

:hairpull:

Check the link I posted Sam...

Excellent article. Seriously!

But, don't let xfire see it. Otherwise anyone who believes Steven Novella, and uses his findings while debating, will be called a clown and someone who can't think for themselves.

You see, XFire thinks debates should be handled strictly with the thoughts of novices and anyone else who wants to chime in. Forget about the experts who know what they have written, and possibly gotten awards for their findings. Yeah, let's NEVER read a medical article or a scientific report, lest we look foolish in XFire's eyes because we are referencing someone who is an expert in the field we happen to be debating.

In other words..... throw all learning out the fucking window and just go with your own thoughts, or lack there of. At least according to XFire, anyway.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
You're a fucking clown, Samantha, and I've never made such a statement. What I have said is that you can't synthesize the information you read and make your own fucking argument with it. At this point, you have burned so much credibility, posted so much biased bullshit, and made so many completely fuck-tard posts that anyone that wastes their time following one of your links or reading though anything you post is just foolish.

You're a fucking clown, Samantha, and I've never made such a statement. What I have said is that you can't synthesize the information you read and make your own fucking argument with it. At this point, you have burned so much credibility, posted so much biased bullshit, and made so many completely fuck-tard posts that anyone that wastes their time following one of your links or reading though anything you post is just foolish.

Like you, you mean???

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Let me clarify for you, I'm talking about your articles and links. I've already told you I read your posts for the lulz. Just like everyone else here. You're a fucking psycho and it's god-damn amusing.

robot_r0ck

I plead the 5th...
Excellent article. Seriously!
But, don't let xfire see it. Otherwise anyone who believes Steven Novella, and uses his findings while debating, will be called a clown and someone who can't think for themselves.

You see, XFire thinks debates should be handled strictly with the thoughts of novices and anyone else who wants to chime in. Forget about the experts who know what they have written, and possibly gotten awards for their findings. Yeah, let's NEVER read a medical article or a scientific report, lest we look foolish in XFire's eyes because we are referencing someone who is an expert in the field we happen to be debating.

In other words..... throw all learning out the fucking window and just go with your own thoughts, or lack there of. At least according to XFire, anyway.

http://www.skepticblog.org/2012/04/11/cherry-picked-data-and-deliberate-distortions/
http://www.skepticblog.org/2012/03/21/reflections-on-another-environmental-debate/
http://environment.nationalgeographic.com/environment/global-warming/gw-overview
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas#Global_warming_potential

So, would you agree that global warming is real? Judging from a lot of the scientific findings. I would say it is real.

...and my post had nothing to do with xfire... so why put his name in your reply?

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
I'd like to ask a question to our "esteemed" critics of environmentalism: how come you guys are so vehemently opposed to cleaning up the environment? There is absolutely no credibility anymore for people who claim that industry does not need to be checked because it is not causing environmental damage. Just check out this article on China:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/26/world/asia/26china.html?_r=1

How can you actually read that and claim that we don't have to do anything because it isn't man-made? What exactly is so bad about cleaning up? Certainly cannot harm anyone, can it?