• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

MAGA kids harass an elderly Native American

I'll presume the Kenya question isn't a serious one.

thankfully defamation isn't judged differently based on age and/or status. that would be extremely unjust.

It wasn't, but if I had to point that out .. And I'm not a lawyer, but isn't defamation limited to non-public figures? For example, you can level the most vile charges against PRESIDENT Trump, you know, that's he's a fascist dictator but suffer no threat of legal action and you can go about your day instead of being lined up and shot? You know, cause he's a fascist dictator.

<sigh> <looks up defamation in the U.S.>

brb

k I'm back. So apparently, defamation against public figures needs to meet a much higher threshold, as in when "malice" is involved. As in the person making the claim KNOWS it isn't true or doesn't care if it is or not. Geez, how do you go about proving that? Regardless, Donald Trump's claim of Barack Hussein Obama's birth certificate being false doesn't meet that standard.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I understand that we live in a polarized, politically charged environment right now. But what The Washington Post and that Hollywood mob did to this kid is unacceptable. They created their own mythical narrative, they all followed it like a bunch of lemmings and now I hope that they have to pay a price for defaming [NOBABE]the kid[/NOBABE]. I'd say that whether he was wearing a MAGA cap or a Che Guevara t-shirt. I don't expect much from Hollyweird celebs, especially brainless twits like [NOBABE]Alyssa Milano[/NOBABE] and Pink. But it saddens me that a once fine newspaper, like The Washington Post, would stoop to this level.

The Post was the paper that I read the most during my college years. Now it's a shadow of its former self. :( I hope that his attorneys squeeze a fat settlement out of them.

georges

Staff member

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Yeah, good luck to Sandmann.

https://splinternews.com/the-nick-sandmann-lawsuit-is-basically-a-wild-right-win-1832758868

The Nick Sandmann Lawsuit Is Basically a Wild Right-Wing Blog Post

Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann’s $250 million lawsuit against the Washington Post dropped on Tuesday night, to applause from our content hog president. As others have already pointed out, the lawsuit is already on extremely shaky legal ground; more importantly, however, it’s dumb as hell and reads like it was written by Jim Hoft on a weeklong bender.

The lawsuit, which was filed by Atlanta-based lawyer L. Lin Wood and Kentucky-based attorney Todd McMurtry in federal court in the Eastern District of Kentucky, is seeking “both compensatory and punitive damages” based on seven stories the Post wrote about Sandmann in the aftermath of his confrontation with Native activist Nathan Phillips (a Marine veteran whom the complaint falsely attacks as a “phony war hero”) during this year’s March for Life in D.C.

Yet as the Law & Crime blog noted, it’s likely that the lawyers already blew their chance at the $200 million in punitive damages due to their failure to follow Kentucky law:

The punitive damages, however, may be a problem due to a requirement under Kentucky law to give sufficient notice in libel cases. The statute, KRS 411.051, says that in order to collect punitive damages, a plaintiff has to show that the defendant “failed to make conspicuous and timely publication of a correction after receiving a sufficient demand for correction.” The law specifies that a “timely” correction has to be within 10 business days after receiving a demand for one.

Sandmann’s complaint, which was filed and dated Feb. 19, 2019, says that his counsel [sent] a demand for a retraction on Feb. 14. That’s just five days before they filed the lawsuit, which appears to be an insufficient amount of time.​

Wood tweeted about this, claiming he knew that the Post had six more days to respond to the retraction demand:

“Todd and I made the decision on the timing of the lawsuit in accordance with, and fully aware of, the Kentucky retraction statute,” Wood told Law & Crime, in an email he forwarded to Splinter. “We felt that the Post should have the added benefit of full knowledge of the seriousness of our case in making its decision on a retraction. We do not expect the Post to retract but if it does so, we will evaluate the sufficiency of the retraction to decide if the Complaint needs to be amended.”

That’s just the beginning. The whole complaint is worth a read, if only for the impressive amount of wild right-wing tropes it was able to cram into a single legal document.

There are multiple allegations, for instance, that the Post targeted and specifically meant to hurt Sandmann because he is white:

The Post wrongfully targeted and bullied Nicholas because he was the white, Catholic student wearing a red “Make America Great Again” souvenir cap on a school field trip to the January 18 March for Life in Washington, D.C. when he was unexpectedly and suddenly confronted by Nathan Phillips (“Phillips”), a known Native American activist, who beat a drum and sang loudly within inches of his face (“the January 18 incident”).

The Post published its False and Defamatory Accusations with common law malice, including because it intended to harm Nicholas because he was a white, Catholic boy wearing a MAGA hat, and consciously ignored the threats of harm that it knew would inevitably ensue, in favor of its political agenda.​

There’s a line asserting America’s obligation to protect the right of children to wear a hat:

In this country, our society is dedicated to the protection of children regardless of the color of their skin, their religious beliefs, or the cap they wear.

There’s a line about Sandmann’s stats:

Nicholas is 16-years of age, is 5’9” in height and weighs 115 pounds.

There’s this insane justification for why Sandmann deserves $250 million (emphasis mine):

In order to fully compensate Nicholas for his damages and to punish, deter, and teach the Post a lesson it will never forget, this action seeks money damages in excess of Two Hundred and Fifty Million Dollars ($250,000,000.00) – the amount Jeff Bezos, the world’s richest person, paid in cash for the Post when his company, Nash Holdings, purchased the newspaper in 2013.

The complaint also goes to great lengths to clarify that Sandmann didn’t “bring this lawsuit to use the judicial system to further a political agenda,” but includes three mentions of the term “anti-Trump,” including this: “Nicholas was targeted by a professional activist whose false accusations neatly fit the mainstream and social media’s anti-Trump agenda.”

Social media’s anti-Trump agenda!

A Post spokeswoman told the paper, “We are reviewing a copy of the lawsuit, and we plan to mount a vigorous defense.” We have also reached out to the Post for comment and will update if we hear back.

With any luck, the lawsuit will be struck down for the frivolous nonsense that it is. These days, though, you never know.

I understand that we live in a polarized, politically charged environment right now. But what The Washington Post and that Hollywood mob did to this kid is unacceptable. They created their own mythical narrative, they all followed it like a bunch of lemmings and now I hope that they have to pay a price for defaming [NOBABE]the kid[/NOBABE]. I'd say that whether he was wearing a MAGA cap or a Che Guevara t-shirt. I don't expect much from Hollyweird celebs, especially brainless twits like [NOBABE]Alyssa Milano[/NOBABE] and Pink. But it saddens me that a once fine newspaper, like The Washington Post, would stoop to this level.

The Post was the paper that I read the most during my college years. Now it's a shadow of its former self. :( I hope that his attorneys squeeze a fat settlement out of them.

My circle is very acquainted with my disgust for the Washington Post, and I esteemed them once, in the same way. Well said. Thanks, Jeff Bezos.

I'm pretty disappointed with the New York Times, for some similar reporting a couple of years ago. Essentially, running a shit story, and then backing their own play, because of the "awareness" it raised. Yeah, that's journalism.

My circle is very acquainted with my disgust for the Washington Post, and I esteemed them once, in the same way. Well said. Thanks, Jeff Bezos.

I'm pretty disappointed with the New York Times, for some similar reporting a couple of years ago. Essentially, running a shit story, and then backing their own play, because of the "awareness" it raised. Yeah, that's journalism.

giphy.gif

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.

A big (HUGE) part of the story that the MSM left out was that the beef was actually started by a group of Black Hebrew Israelites who went after the Covington students. Even Nathan Phillips admitted that he inserted himself between the Covington students and the BHI group to keep the peace. OK. Good on him. But what if he'd approached the Black Hebrew Israelites instead of "smirking MAGA kid"? Uh, he'd have gotten the beat down of his life. Black Hebrew Israelites don't like Indians, Asians, Whites, homosexuals, "fraudulent" Jews or even other Black people who don't support their view of the world. That group pretty much skated, while the others got caught up in a shit storm.

There's a lot of hatred for anything Trump related in the U.S. now. And that's fine by me. Don't care about that one way or the other. But it's rather sad to see kids and even well meaning (I suppose) Indians get played as pawns in this hate game.

A big (HUGE) part of the story that the MSM left out was that the beef was actually started by a group of Black Hebrew Israelites who went after the Covington students. Even Nathan Phillips admitted that he inserted himself between the Covington students and the BHI group to keep the peace. OK. Good on him. But what if he'd approached the Black Hebrew Israelites instead of "smirking MAGA kid"? Uh, he'd have gotten the beat down of his life. Black Hebrew Israelites don't like Indians, Asians, Whites, homosexuals, "fraudulent" Jews or even other Black people who don't support their view of the world. That group pretty much skated, while the others got caught up in a shit storm.

There's a lot of hatred for anything Trump related in the U.S. now. And that's fine by me. Don't care about that one way or the other. But it's rather sad to see kids and even well meaning (I suppose) Indians get played as pawns in this hate game.

Preach, man. I'm not a Trump stalwart, but he represents the electable party with which my opinions, convictions, and positions are most consistent, so he's the horse my money's on. I've always despised this sort of political atmosphere, as when Republicans were hounding Clinton over cumming on an intern, and lying to protect himself from the castratrix-in-chief. It was bullshit then, just as it's bullshit now.

You can debate Clinton giving missile tech to the Chinese, other unfortunate shit, but spooge, really?

Stormy f'in Dejavu?... let's grow the fuck up. That's the problem that I have with the left: forecast is for Stormy (and Manafort tax cheats, and other trivial foibles) because the great majority of the left is, in their hearts of hearts, whiny little :crybaby:s about the election, incapable of accepting reality, and responsibly moving forward.

...the great majority of the left is, in their hearts of hearts, whiny little :crybaby:s about the election, incapable of accepting reality, and responsibly moving forward.

And if Omar and AOC are an indication, a measurable percentage may be high-functioning retards.

Uh... notwithstanding my gracious fellow forum posters, who... ahHEM!...always show great intelligence, irrespective of party association, etc.

georges

Staff member

We all know how the MSM are Obama's shoes waxers and devout muppets. Millenials are often out of touch with the reality, overtly naive and gullible and at the end, you have people that are easy to manipulate and who can't really think by their own and they are great targets for Democraps and the MSM.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Preach, man. I'm not a Trump stalwart, but he represents the electable party with which my opinions, convictions, and positions are most consistent, so he's the horse my money's on. I've always despised this sort of political atmosphere, as when Republicans were hounding Clinton over cumming on an intern, and lying to protect himself from the castratrix-in-chief. It was bullshit then, just as it's bullshit now. You can debate Clinton giving missile tech to the Chinese, other unfortunate shit, but spooge, really? Stormy f'in Dejavu?... let's grow the fuck up. That's the problem that I have with the left: forecast is for Stormy (and Manafort tax cheats, and other trivial foibles) because the great majority of the left is, in their hearts of hearts, whiny little s about the election, incapable of accepting reality, and responsibly moving forward.And if Omar and AOC are an indication, a measurable percentage may be high-functioning retards. Uh... notwithstanding my gracious fellow forum posters, who... ahHEM!...always show great intelligence, irrespective of party association, etc.

Those two posts combined were better than a whole cheesecake.

Can you explain how the far right nutsuck party is most consistent with your opinions, convictions, and positions? Seriously, I'm curious because, unless you are rich, white, and male, I highly doubt it, unless you're just so stupid that you actually believe Hannity and Carlson.

A big (HUGE) part of the story that the MSM left out was that the beef was actually started by a group of Black Hebrew Israelites who went after the Covington students.

C'mon Rey C. That's just 4 links I found and I could keep posting more. Whenever someone says the MSM isn't covering issue xyz, 9 times out of 10 that's wrong. It's that saying the "MSM isn't covering issue x" has become sort of ingrained in some people's mind they just automatically assume it to be true. Word of advice...Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it's not happening

Who are the Black Israelites at the center of the viral standoff at the Lincoln Memorial?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/reli...iral-standoff-lincoln-memorial/?noredirect=on

What to know about Black Hebrew Israelites, the group in that Covington Catholic video
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...holic-video-hate-group-other-info/2643519002/

Hebrew Israelites See Divine Intervention in Lincoln Memorial Confrontation
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/23/us/black-hebrew-israelites-covington-catholic.html

The Black Hebrew Israelites and their connection to the Covington controversy, explained
https://www.vox.com/identities/2019...w-israelites-covington-catholic-phillips-maga