• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lost

I think i found a loophole...............
Pierre Chang,Dr. Marvin Candle, Dr. Mark Wickmund, Dr. Edgar Halliwax.
his arm.
ok, in the darhma videos he appears to have no use of his arm.
those were from 1980.........but maybe not the original videos.
either way, in 77 his arm was fine, until the incident when it was crushed.
soooooo, if jacks plan did work, and none of that never happened, wouldn't his arm had been fine in the videos?
i'm not sure, but this could be a major clue.

That's why I believe Jack caused the incident. Because this is called the grandfather paradox. If a grandson goes back in time to kill his grandfather then no one will have given birth to that grandson to go back in time in the first place. Jack blows up where the swan would be built thus making it so they never land on the island but then no one will be on the island to go back in time to prevent it. It just doesn't make sense. The only other explanation would be that it creates an alternate timeline which I don't believe is possible but that can never be known. So I do think that whatever happened happened. Jack caused the incident and they will somehow end up with the others in their original timeline with Sun, Ben and FakeLocke

And as far as the "loop" theories stated above, if one were to time travel it would create a never ending loop. Think Back to the Future, when Marty returns from 1955 to 1985 and sees himself going back to 1955, that means that the one that he saw going back would eventually return to 1985 to see yet another Marty go back to 1955, so it would never end. And you can't try and go back to stop yourself because that would have happened the first time you were about to go back in time thus never having gone back in the first place so you can't go back to stop you anyways. That's why I believe time is a constant and cannot be stopped, reversed, or fast forwarded. Well, possibly fast forwarded if you could do the cryogenic freezing thing, time would go by normally for everyone else but for you it would be instantaneous... god thinking about this stuff makes me wanna drink for some reason :rolleyes:

And speaking of Ethan.Another thing that hasn't been explained(nor do I believe will be explained),in season 1,he and Charlie have an encounter where Ethan is holding Charlie up by his throat with one hand.WTF!How was it never explained that Ethan has super strength?
He's a hobbit! Even I could lift up the little guy! ;)

But seriously, it seems I'm the minority in liking season 5.
I grew up reading my brother's scifi comics, so I love how the show has embraced the science fiction elements that were present in the earlier seasons. And I think the "whatever happened, happened" approach to time travel is an elegant one. Can't wait for the final season, that's for sure.

I didn't get to go to comicon this year, they sold out of tickets early because they were all bought up by tweens when they announced that the stars of Twilight would be there. Epic fail.

Wonder what they had to say at the Lost panel...

Bump.

Anyone hear any news on Lost?

They had a few interesting bis in the fall preview of TV guide. They said that we would be seeing Juliet again, but since Elizabeth Mitchell is not slated to be a full-time cast member, it seems most likely that it will just be in flashback(s). Carlton also said that "We're done with time travel." I'm not sure how it would be possible for them not to address time travel since it would appear to be a significant part of the mythology, but I guess he just means that the story-line will not be revolving around the concept in the last season.

Bump.

They had a few interesting bis in the fall preview of TV guide. They said that we would be seeing Juliet again, but since Elizabeth Mitchell is not slated to be a full-time cast member, it seems most likely that it will just be in flashback(s). Carlton also said that "We're done with time travel." I'm not sure how it would be possible for them not to address time travel since it would appear to be a significant part of the mythology, but I guess he just means that the story-line will not be revolving around the concept in the last season.

They are going to Botch the Last Season I am sure so get ready for it

Bump.

I have to be honest,I absolutely loved that first season and would have defended it to the death if anyone talked shit about it,but now,I think the show is nowhere as good as it was.

I thought that the actual storytelling aspect of the show is solid,but I just feel that the story arcs suck ass.

Last season was such a let down for me.I'm so sick of shows relying on the religious or deity angle,when it's all said and done.That's just fucking old hat and quite tired,imo.Sorry to rant,but I haven't had a good Lost rant in a while.

The time travel shit has to end so they can start answering questions.

I hope this season is not a disappointment

I liked the time travel thing. It definitely raises some question on such a matter, if you travelled back in time would that mean you were always at that time period or did you create a new timeline or if you went back and killed your grandfather, you wouldn't be born to ever go back in time and kill him.

But I am infinitely excited to see how the series is going to end. Here are some new tidbits from Comic-Con

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfoqYmGS6Xw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlhkqAwEgvQ&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQXuiCge-wI (audio doesn't work right away, but give it a couple seconds)

Definitely hinting at some sort of "reset" or alternate reality

Also, check out the Lost panel on youtube, it's pretty good

I heard a *Rumor* -- I don't know if it's accurate or a "basement Rumor" but that the upcoming season will be written/filmed as if Flight 815 never crashed. All characters return...

:dunno:

I actually think that idea would suck and it seems like "the easy way out" since this coming season is the series finale season....

There is a rumor that pretty much everyone is coming back but that's not rare for this show. Just because you're dead doesn't mean you're off the show. Ethan died the first season and has made an appearance every season

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I thought they planned on coming out with a movie after they ended the series. Are they still planning that?

No. It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress. ;)

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
There is a rumor that pretty much everyone is coming back but that's not rare for this show. Just because you're dead doesn't mean you're off the show. Ethan died the first season and has made an appearance every season

I wonder why he is named Ethan Rom and not Ethan Godspeed.

I have no predictions, just waiting to see what happens

Maybe they just wanted to change his last name when he became an Other. It's just like Daniel Faraday's mother is named Eloise Hawking

Also, I know Ethan Rom is an anagram for "Other Man" so the writers definitely wanted that for the first season but we probably won't get an explanation for the name change as for the sake of the story

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I'd heard of Lost but I'd never seen the show. A buddy's wife convinced me to give it a shot. So in the space of about three months or so last year, I caught up on 4 seasons. I really liked it. Great writing! There's something there for just about everybody: mythology, religious references, ancient history and cultures, soap opera/romance, scifi, comedy (Hurley is da man!!!).

My only real criticism is that they do make it more complicated than it needs to be sometimes. The flashforward that was really a flashback (Jin trying to get a Panda to take to the hospital) mixed with the flashforward (Sun in the hospital having the baby) was cute, but kinda cheesy. And now it kinda pisses me off that the writers say that they're only going to answer the "major questions" in Season 6. It looks like Walt and his special powers will be ignored. They seem sick of hearing about Libby and her backstory. They say there's no more to be learned about "the numbers". Well, fuck me very much, I guess.

I don't care anything about the Sawyer/Juliet/Jack/Kate love boat crap. I didn't care much for the time travel stuff either. Rose & Brenard are wrapped up with a happy ending, I figure. But are they Adam & Eve? I'd rather know a LOT more about Richard and where he came from. Ancient Rome or Egypt maybe? Or is he from the Black Rock as most people seem to assume? I hope that's addressed. And of course, I hope that Locke (not Fake Locke) gets to come back... and Jacob too. Claire? Couldn't stand her. "Cholly, where's the baaaaby, Cholly?" Put her in a sack and throw her in the ocean, PLEASE!!! And as much as every group on the island says, "we're the good guys"... which, if any of them are the (truly) good guys? Is Jacob a good guy, or maybe it's the other guy from the beach, who I suspect is his brother "Esau" (a nickname that just completely tears up some people - which is why I like it :thefinger).

This show is hella addictive. But I enjoyed the first 3 seasons a lot more than the last two.

I heard a *rumor* -- I don't know if it's accurate or a "basement rumor" but that the upcoming season will be written/filmed as if Flight 815 never crashed. All characters return...

:dunno:

I actually think that idea would suck and it seems like "the easy way out" since this coming season is the series finale season....

This is the easy way out and this is what they will do I am sure

I really hope they don't kill Libby off though. Her story line is too wide open in regards to how she wound up in the mental hospital, and what's going to happen with Hurley. If they kill of to many characters before they bring them to a satisfactory point in their stories, I think that they will be shooting themselves in the foot.

Not to give anything away, but there is noone that the island cant bring back!!!

I have faith though that the writers won't screw up the final season up, hell i've loved every season give or take a few episodes (namely the first few of the third season but that could be due to that being the first season I was caught up on and had to watch on tv, waiting a week between each episode) the producers have said they've always had the main plot in mind and always knew the beginning, middle and end. of course some changes had to be made, i know Mr. Eko was suppose to be very important but due to the actor's parents passing away he had asked to leave, which was sad for me too because he was an awesome character for the show!