• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Lance Armstrong Wins For 7th Time

Pretty amazing. I'm still undecided whether I should like him or not, but what he has achieved is far beyond anything I could imagine for myself. :thumbsup:

georges

Staff member
I knew that he would win easily.congrats :thumbsup:

Armstrong is a cheater (as well as 90% of the peloton), he's a calculator, he's so annoying in race and he makes the whole race annoying.

I'm so happy he's quitting, next year the Tour will be much more interesting.

Hey, Lance won 7 Tours, but all the ancient "big champions (Indurain, Hinault, Merckx and Anquetil) won 5 and, at least once both Giro (Italian tour) and Tour De France on the same years.

Lance never ever compete in the Giro, so, to me, Indurain & Co are still Higher than Lance.

georges

Staff member
Johan said:
Armstrong is a cheater (as well as 90% of the peloton), he's a calculator, he's so annoying in race and he makes the whole race annoying.

I'm so happy he's quitting, next year the Tour will be much more interesting.

Hey, Lance won 7 Tours, but all the ancient "big champions (Indurain, Hinault, Merckx and Anquetil) won 5 and, at least once both Giro (Italian tour) and Tour De France on the same years.

Lance never ever compete in the Giro, so, to me, Indurain & Co are still Higher than Lance.

Yes but he beat his opponents by managing the race cleverly so he did it fairly. It is not because he didn't participate to La Vuelta and the Giro that he is not higher than Indurain, Hinault, Merckx and Anquetil. He was the youngest world race bike champion at 22 years old.The most important race bike event is the Tour de France and you must remember that Lance came back from cancer and what he proved is that not only he beat cancer but that he was better than others competitors.

jod0565 said:
Congrats to Lance Armsytrong for winning Le Tour De France for the seventh time.
Now, go marry Sheryl Crow.

He's a lucky sod...Shagging ms Crow

Seriously, he's come back from having cancer to being the best cyclist ever.. deserves some big credit for that.
:thumbsup:

Im happy he won it. Just goes to show that nothing is impossible, especially since he's got Sheryl Crow, haha! Seriously though, its amazing and he certainly deserves recognition for winning, not only once but 7 times.

georges said:
Yes but he beat his opponents by managing the race cleverly so he did it fairly.

You said it : He MANAGED the race.

He never tried to do something different, something unusual, somthing a bit dangerous, just for the beauty of the move.

He always applicate the same (winning) strategy :good firts ITT, win t TTT, taje the jersey, let someone else not dangerouys take it just to allow his team no to defend the jersey, attack strong on the first big mountaind day, then mangage to do his oppnments elimintes zeach others and then win the last ITT.

thats part of cycling though... strategy... he was stronger so he took the yellow jersey early and kept his competitors close... thats a good game plan if ya ask me.

boring somewhat but intelligent none the less

congrats to lance

tunsty said:
He's a lucky sod...Shagging ms Crow

Seriously, he's come back from having cancer to being the best cyclist ever.. deserves some big credit for that.
:thumbsup:
well he does have a big credit card

Johan said:

He never tried to do something different, something unusual, somthing a bit dangerous, just for the beauty of the move.

He always applicate the same (winning) strategy :good firts ITT, win t TTT, taje the jersey, let someone else not dangerouys take it just to allow his team no to defend the jersey, attack strong on the first big mountaind day, then mangage to do his oppnments elimintes zeach others and then win the last ITT.

:rofl:
Why change strategies if they WIN? Over seven years, he changed nothing. That means his opponents did NOTHING to make him change his ways. Is that HIS fault?

Anyways...with him gone....I just won''t care about the Tour anymore, and it barely interested Me in the first place.

The Satyr Icon

McRocket

Banned
I am pleased that he won. I am more pleased that he beat the cancer and won. But I am sick of it.

Like everything in the West - and especially in AMerica. It has been beaten to death. Man, I hate bandwagon jumpers. Hardly anybody over here gave a shit (unlike me) until they decided to hype the crap out of it. Americans. SO bloody fickle. I guess most westerners actually.

Congrats on the seventh. Now retire and get lost. I do not blame him at all - but I am sick of the hype surrounding him. You'd think he cured AIDS. There are SO many more important things in the world.

Well done. now PLEASE retire or if you do come back for an 8'th; please change your name and keep it a secret until you are done.

Last edited:

georges

Staff member
mcrocket said:
I am pleased that he won. I am more pleased that he beat the cancer and won. But I am sick of it.

Like everything in the West - and especially in AMerica. It has been beaten to death. Man, I hate bandwagon jumpers. Hardly anybody over here gave a shit (unlike me) until they decided to hype the crap out of it. Americans. SO bloody fickle. I guess most westerners actually.

Congrats on the seventh. Now retire and get lost. I do not blame him at all - but I am sick of the hype surrounding him. You'd think he cured AIDS. There are SO many more important things in the world.

Well done. now PLEASE retire or if you do come back for an 8'th; please change your name and keep it a secret until you are done.

What happens to you mcrocket? You don't like Lance? :confused:

McRocket

Banned
georges said:
What happens to you mcrocket? You don't like Lance? :confused:

I like Lance. I hate the hype surrounding him. It's not his fault.

I was following him two and three and four years ago. HArdly anyone over here batted an eye.

I am just tired (though I had better get used to it) of people who only get excited about something when they are told to get excited about it.

WHat he did is, sports wise, rather amazing. But after hearing about it every hour for the past three months at least - I am sick of it.

But it is not his fault, at all it seems.

georges

Staff member
mcrocket said:
I like Lance. I hate the hype surrounding him. It's not his fault.

I was following him two and three and four years ago. HArdly anyone over here batted an eye.

I am just tired (though I had better get used to it) of people who only get excited about something when they are told to get excited about it.

WHat he did is, sports wise, rather amazing. But after hearing about it every hour for the past three months at least - I am sick of it.

But it is not his fault, at all it seems.
Ok thanks for your reply.

Johan said:

Its not his fault if the other teams sucked... its all about managing your ressources... team T-Mobile could'nt even do that they had Vino and Ulrich and could'nt decide on wich rider to help.
and all this talk about steroids, come on, this guy was tested all the time, if he were stupid enough to cheat he would have been caught a long long
time ago.
Just give him the respect he deserve after a brillant career.

jod0565

Member, you member...
Now, I really don't care for sports "heroes", believe that, but seven straight wins in the toughest race on earth after battling back from cancer is truly amazing.
I've been following the tour since I used to be an avid cyclist back in the Greg LeMond days - it's simple, the best man won.

Let's face it...Lance Armstrong is one of the greatest athletes to come from America. Notice that I said ONE of instead of THE. What sickens me is that most of the people hating on him uses the notion that he rides a bike so that makes his accomplishments less than his counterparts in other sports. Whatever. No one can be considered the greatest athlete ever until they succeed in every sport they compete in at a professional level. I'd like to see Michael Jordan or LeBron James or Michael Vick participate in the Tour de France and do what Lance done. Even Lance has admitted that he pretty much suck at every other sport. I wish that some of the sports media know-it-alls leave all the talk about the greatest athlete to the individual sport rather than overall because it's pointless to quantify that when you can't measure the unknown.