• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

LAMB OF GOD vs DEVIL DRIVER

I pick Lamb of God for many reasons.
1. The band members are cool as hell. Not that Dez isn't a kick ass person.
2. They have alot to say and are very creative in how it's said.
3. Their musicianship and all around talent is very high.
4. There 5 albums have never shown any lack of heart or respect for their style
5. I've seen both live and LOG perform alot better and really get envolved with the crowd.
6. Along with Burn the Priest, Lamb of God is such a great name.
7. It's fucking Lamb of God!

are they a christian band?

are they a christian band?

Neither are but I think they both believe in God though. Lamb of God is a metaphor for the poor people who die in God's name(soldiers). There's is a Lamb of God christian/catholic chior.

that's a tough call. it's like dumb or dumber.

devil driver sucks. but lamb of god are listened to primarily by frat boys.

I guess I'll go with DD, cuz at least guys who might like real metal and don't wear sandals listen to them.

Now if you had asked Children of Bodom or Mastodon... I'd say CoB, but i'd have to think about it for about two seconds.

new mastodon is badass.

Lamb of God is a metaphor for the poor people who die in God's name(soldiers). There's is a Lamb of God christian/catholic chior.

The expression is used by Christian's to refer to Christ.

I'm not sure how much of the symbolism is intentional. The expression of a "lamb at the slaughter" refers to someone that is martyred, and also ritual sacrifice of animals was a part of pre-christian practice that was abolished in the new testament, so it is a fitting analogy.

But I think that it is more simply keeping with the pastoral metaphor employed by Christianity to refer to God or Jesus as the Shepard and to his worshipers as the flock. The lamb is chosen as being virtuous because it is white and timid and seen as pure, contrasted to the goat which is black and ill tempered. Not coincidentally, that is why the image of Satan is depicted showing aspects of Baphomet, a goat deity that was worshiped by the nomadic Canaanites, a rival group of the early Israelites (whom incurred God's wrath when they turned away from the worship of Him and embraced the former said deities of their neighbors).

ratbastid

Closed Account
Tough call indeed.... Devil Driver only by a C-Hair

Soulfly/ Cavalera Conspiracy... Hands down, Horns up, All the way :glugglug:

Not coincidentally, that is why the image of Satan is depicted showing aspects of Baphomet, a goat deity that was worshiped by the nomadic Canaanites, a rival group of the early Israelites (whom incurred God's wrath when they turned away from the worship of Him and embraced the former said deities of their neighbors).

whoops, kinda twisted a few ideas around there. I was thinking of the Canaanite Ba'al, not Baphomet. Ba'al is associated with the bull, and the infamous golden calf Idol. All the rest of that stuff is accurate, and Baphomet seems to be a combination of all those ideas, together with the Euro Pagan Goat God Pan (who was probably passed on through Greece from the Mediterranean) and concocted during the Crusades as an image of Satanism and all things non-Christian. It is believed that the name derives from a french word for Muhammadism (Islam).

Neither are but I think they both believe in God though. Lamb of God is a metaphor for the poor people who die in God's name(soldiers). There's is a Lamb of God christian/catholic chior.

Actually, the signer from DeviLDiver is pagan, I believe. As for LOG, i think it is meant to be ironic.

And, while I like DevilDriver, I LOVE LOG. The new album is fucking killer.

Actually, the signer from DeviLDiver is pagan, I believe. As for LOG, i think it is meant to be ironic.

And, while I like DevilDriver, I LOVE LOG. The new album is fucking killer.

Hmm last time I say DD, Dez said God bless after the show but maybe that's just a commen thing to say. The first album is the best in my opinion but I love the new album aswell.

Hmm last time I say DD, Dez said God bless after the show but maybe that's just a commen thing to say. The first album is the best in my opinion but I love the new album aswell.

he said that? Hmm, i only say he is Pagan, based on a Revolver interview, i read last yr.

Death Metal? I assume...

Metalcore, Groove Metal or whatever, certainly not Death Metal.

Asking which band is better is like asking "What would you rather have? Cancer or AIDS?" :wave2:

As far as the more popular Metal goes, I'll take Fear Factory or Walls Of Jericho over pretty much any band. :hatsoff: