• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Kylie Minogue

1236447253225.jpg

Kylie Minogue beats the blues in Bollywood debut

By Shilpa Jamkhandikar

MUMBAI (Reuters) - Pop star Kylie Minogue on Friday said singing for a Bollywood film had been an intense experience, one that was yet to sink in.

The Australian singer has wrapped up shooting for a promotional video for her song in "Blue" with music by Oscar-winning composer A.R.Rahman.

"I have always wanted to work in Bollywood, and I am really glad I got to do it," Minogue told reporters at a press conference.

Minogue, who went from soap actress to become one of the world's most famous female recording artists, said she was excited about her Bollywood debut but it was too early to say if she would come back for an encore.

The Australian became a household name in Britain in the 1980s after starring as Charlene in the TV soap "Neighbours."

She turned to music after leaving the popular show, releasing her first single "Locomotion" in 1987 and has continued to enjoy huge chart success with songs such as "Love at first sight" and "Spinning around."

In 2005, she was diagnosed with breast cancer but returned to performing after recovering from surgery and chemotherapy.

Minogue is not the first international artiste to collaborate with an Indian composer for a song in a Bollywood film.

Last year, rapper Snoop Dogg worked on "Singh is Kinng", a film that had actor Akshay Kumar in the lead.

Kumar also stars in "Blue", which features underwater scenes shot in the Bahamas and is said to be one of the most expensive Bollywood films ever made.