• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Kiss Chris Christie Goodbye As A Presidential Pick

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I live in the district where our congressman promoted himself as one of the people and not a politician then got busted for buying an 8-ball in DC. He was big on the family values issue too. Fucking hypocrite. I don't see Christie as a hypocrite, but I also don't live there or follow too closely.

The congressman who represents my district is the wealthiest member of congress.....either house. The guy is worth almost $300 million. How can anyone with that kind of money relate to the average Joe? I'd trust Christie way before I'd trust this weasel:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_McCaul

Mayhem

Banned
I live in the district where our congressman promoted himself as one of the people and not a politician then got busted for buying an 8-ball in DC. He was big on the family values issue too. Fucking hypocrite. I don't see Christie as a hypocrite, but I also don't live there or follow too closely.

I'm not calling him a hyporite (yet). I'm calling the people that worked for him hypocrites. Just like I call an anti-gun Liberal who owns guns a hypocrite. There's also a recent story about some politician (I'm not going to dig it up) who advocates food stamp recipients do community service (No Free Lunches). This same guy gets free lunches and tax write-offs on his meals constantly. Hypocrite.

Having any politician of any Party tell me what "Real" America is bothers me. "Real" America doesn't need a politician to define it. But it is currently the Republican Party that keeps trying to tell us that "Real" America doesn't want health insurance, "Real" America doesn't want gays to have their duly constituted rights, "Real" Americans can't find jobs but they're not "Real" Americans if they're collecting unemployment.....and then they turn right around and screw REAL Americans by inhibiting their ability to get to work and to school. All out of petty malice. This is a bridge too far.

Read my post again. I'm not calling Christie a hypocrite. I'm calling his staff of Republicans hypocrites. I am calling Christie's ability to appoint a staff that isn't made up of hypocrites into question.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
I wasn't saying you did, I think we are on the same page. I did a poor job saying I would much rather have a Christie who gets shit done and works for the people, especially in moments of crisis, than the weasel I have. Trey ""I only do 8-balls when I'm drunk, but I'm no Rob Ford" Radel.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
Talk about a man with no friends. Christie, whether he has done anything wrong or not, now has the Democrats (who are getting Hillary geared up for 2016) making a head-on assault, and on his flanks are the anti-RINO forces, comprised of neo-Confederates, southern Evangelicals and Club for Growth/TEA baggers. The TEA Party Express/Fox News gang will likely put the final dagger in him... certainly looks that way.

Guilty or innocent, I'd say that he's pretty well done now. The events of this past week show that the hits will just keep coming. Christie is no Ross Perot, but like Perot, once both of the major parties turn on you like hyenas on an injured lion, you're done (even if you're filthy rich and can fund your own campaign). I'm not a Christie Fan Club member, but at least he would provide an alternative to what we'll probably get as choices in 2016: bad vs. worse.

My guess: Hillary vs. Marco Rubio. And I'll go back to voting for some 3rd party. But most people will choose between Mizzz Bad and Meester Worse. And the republic will sink a little further.

This is much more than shits and giggles. It's well established fact that the Tea Party would rather screw over the country than lose a Primary.

The difference being that NJ Democrats control both houses while the Republicans control only one. Christie is also fighting up hill because he is basically alone in a strongly Blue state.

I wasn't saying you did, I think we are on the same page. I did a poor job saying I would much rather have a Christie who gets shit done and works for the people, especially in moments of crisis, than the weasel I have. Trey ""I only do 8-balls when I'm drunk, but I'm no Rob Ford" Radel.

He definitely works for the people, but has he gotten much done? No. Why? Because the New Jersey Democrats have worked against him at almost every turn. They want to keep things as they've been for decades and are hoping they can wait until the economy turns around so that voters lose interest. It took a massive recession + 2 corrupt and incompetent Democrat governors for the Republicans to defeat the NJ Democrat machine but the Dems still control the state house. NJ Dems thrive off of public tax dollars with a large part of their base coming from public sector organizations like the Teachers Union.

Has Christie gotten much of anything done? No. But perhaps he would if he had a more favorable legislature to work with. The Dems have waited Christie out, his own party is too small and weak to provide a successor and the problems of NJ will persist long after he's gone. New Jersey Dems wonder why young college educated people continue to flee the state, even though they are the main reason for its problems.

Was this posted already?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/latenight?v=VKHV0LLvhXM[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

Was this posted already?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/latenight?v=VKHV0LLvhXM[/video]

Got a crush???

Interesting tastes.......

I already said that I think he's overrated as a Governor, I'm just tired of liberals floating that meme about him. New Jersey has an abrasive culture and the Democrats that rule it aren't used to people challenging them. They like to get in someones faces but they can't take it when that aggression is thrown right back in their own.

For the record, I'm NOT a Republican. I'm a registered Dem.

Glad I have my hip wadders on........

Rey C.

Made me smile. That jug eared little martian wasn't completely insane.
http://www.andrewhalcro.com/20_years_later_perots_prediction

And that made me smile. As United We Stand is the only political movement that I've ever been a member of, I still dream about what might have been. True, the little man was whacky. And I'm not sure that he ever accepted the reality of what he would have faced had he been elected. But one thing is for sure: no one was going to be able to "buy" him, the way they did with Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama. It might have been a disaster, but he would have certainly shook some monkeys outta the tree! :nanner:

It seems that Perot was our last good chance to have a President who wasn't just another cog in a political party machine. That's all we have now. And more than likely, that's all we're gong to get for the foreseeable future. :(

Mayhem

Banned
And that made me smile. As United We Stand is the only political movement that I've ever been a member of, I still dream about what might have been. True, the little man was whacky. And I'm not sure that he ever accepted the reality of what he would have faced had he been elected. But one thing is for sure: no one was going to be able to "buy" him, the way they did with Bush I, Clinton, Bush II and Obama. It might have been a disaster, but he would have certainly shook some monkeys outta the tree! :nanner:

It seems that Perot was our last good chance to have a President who wasn't just another cog in a political party machine. That's all we have now. And more than likely, that's all we're gong to get for the foreseeable future. :(

This is one of those things we can go on and on about. But making the qualification that, "He may have made a bad Prez, but...." doesn't do it for me, no matter the side effects. Perot would have been bad for the country. The main thing I can say for him, with a side of Romney, is that anytime someone says, "We should run America like a business", they can kiss my vote goodbye.

Rey C.

To me, it depends on what they mean by the statement, "We should run America like a business." And it depends on what their business background is. Looking at what Perot was in favor of and what he was against at the time: in favor of educational reform and expanding high tech learning, was pro-choice, had a focus on infrastructure, was in favor of restructuring Medicare to cover ALL Americans with health insurance, was in favor of tort reform, was against expanded foreign aid and wasteful military projects, was in favor of eliminating tax breaks to companies which outsourced American jobs, was in favor of developing a "business plan" to systematically pay down the national debt and eliminate deficit spending except in times of war or recession, for crime control, against gun control, etc., etc.

Some other positions that I swiped from the interwebs:

Establishing a national health board as an independent federal agency to oversee cost containment and comprehensive health-care reform efforts
Setting a national health policy
Encouraging problem solving by everyone involved
Reaching a consensus on a set of principles for reform
Determining a basic benefit package for universal coverage and appropriate tax treatment of health benefits
Asking states to submit comprehensive health-care reform proposals that meet agreed-upon principles and cost-containment targets
Changing federal rules to allow states the necessary flexibility to conduct pilot programs

But just as we saw the Dems and Repubs work together (for once) in 1996 to bar him from the national debate, I feel that his Presidency may have been a disaster because they would have probably worked together (much like the TEA baggers have done with Obama) to destroy the nation, rather than work with him. And one thing I know for sure, the disastrous launch of Obamacare would not have happened under Perot. If nothing else, this guy would have made sure the website worked well before its launch date. Hell, he could have probably written some of the code himself. And unlike Obama or Bush, Perot actually knew how to create jobs... not just give speeches about it. Would he have done some things that I wouldn't have agreed with? I'm sure that he would have. He's still just a man... one who would have to work with a partisan Congress. And he wasn't/isn't perfect. But looking at his background of success in implementing his plans and goals (versus people who have never worked in or even understand the private sector), I think he would have balanced the books at the very least. And unlike the TEA baggers, Perot wasn't out to step on anybody at the bottom. He was more of a non-partisan "republican" (in the Roman sense). All the Dem and Repub party machines care about is getting/keeping Dems or Repubs in office. They don't really give two shits about the republic.