• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Killing the Electoral College Is a Very, Very Bad Idea

georges

Staff member
The Founders saw our nation as being composed of sovereign states that voluntarily sought to join a union under the condition that each state admitted would be coequal with every other state. The Electoral College method of choosing the president and vice president guarantees that each state, whether large or small in area or population, has some voice in selecting the nation’s leaders.

Were we to choose the president and vice president under a popular vote, the outcome of presidential races would always be decided by a few highly populated states. They would be states such as California, Texas, Florida, New York, Illinois, and Pennsylvania, which contain 134.3 million people, or 41 percent of our population.
Presidential candidates could safely ignore the interests of the citizens of Wyoming, Alaska, Vermont, North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, and Delaware. Why? They have only 5.58 million Americans, or 1.7 percent of the U.S. population.
https://www.westernjournal.com/opin...ff_medium=referral&ff_campaign=westernjournal

When the Founding Fathers implemented the electoral college, there were only 13 states and the population gap between the most populated and the last populated was no where near what it is to day between California (37,250,000 people) and Wyoming (560,000 people).

The truth is kiling the emlctoral college wouldn't give the power to an bunch populated states. It would give it to the people, all the people. Because what we have now is a situation where the voices of republicans in California or Democrats in Texas don't count. Wether 1%, 25% or even 49% of people in California vote for the Republican don't matter, California will send 55 Democratic delegates to the eelctoral college.
Instead, because of the electoral college, the real power is the a 11 swing states (Arizona, North Carolina, Florida, Géorgia, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Utah & Wisconsin) in wich presidential candidates spend about 90% of their campaign, ignoring states like Illinois, Washington, Kentucky, Massaschusetts or Indiana. These 11 swing states represent 27% of the US population. The presidential election is the hands of 27% of the US population, the rest of the country's population don't count.
During his campaign, how many of Trump Rallies were held in California ? How many of Hillary's were held in Texas.

Trump won Pennsylvania. 2,970,733 of Pennsylvania's voters choosed him, giving him 20 delegates.
Trump lost California. Yet 4,483,810 of California's voters had choosen him. Trump dindn't get any delegates from California
In other words, about 4,5 millions of Caliarnian voters were silenced. While about 3 millions of Pennsylvanians had their voices heard loud and clear.

This is why the electora lcollege should be killed, this is the big issues with the electoral college : it ignores the voices of democrats in red states and republicans in blue states

I remember pre-election when Dems we're all for the Electoral College and thought it guaranteed a Trump loss. Now that it didn't work in thier favor they want it gone yesterday. LOL :D

dancing-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif

I remember pre-election when Dems we're all for the Electoral College and thought it guaranteed a Trump loss. Now that it didn't work in thier favor they want it gone yesterday. LOL :D

I don't think so : Dems know how the eldctoral college is fucked up. They know it since the 2000 election, when Bush won the genral college bvy 5 votes while Gore had won the popular vote by over 500,000 votes

In less than 20 years, the elctoral college allowed republicans to steal the election twice.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
The author and George just forget the fact that what makes a country is ultimaltely: The people

And their vote has to directly count. Details can be sorted out afterwards, but that college has proven to turn and twist the votes. It breaks the vote of the people, and therefor HAS to go, if you want to even CALL that a democracy, what you are playing

There’s a whole lot of ignorant statements on this thread from proponents of abolishing the electoral college.

The United States is unique in that 50 states make up our union unlike countries like France and Canada that are districts or provinces.
All states must be represented thus the need for the electoral college.
We are also a representative republic and not a true democracy so the electoral college system is completely consistent.

The electoral college will never be changed as 2/3’s of states would never agree to abolish it.

lol @ clueless Europeans bemoaning our awesome system of government and elections.

#winning

georges

Staff member
The author and George just forget the fact that what makes a country is ultimaltely: The people

And their vote has to directly count. Details can be sorted out afterwards, but that college has proven to turn and twist the votes. It breaks the vote of the people, and therefor HAS to go, if you want to even CALL that a democracy, what you are playing

Illegal immigrants weren't and aren't legal citizens, so they don't count. When you vote, your vote goes to a party representative , that my friend is called a democratic republic. In every country you have senators or political congressmen and in country some regions will more be on one side than another political side, this is life and not everyone likes the left.

There’s a whole lot of ignorant statements on this thread from proponents of abolishing the electoral college.

The United States is unique in that 50 states make up our union unlike countries like France and Canada that are districts or provinces.
All states must be represented thus the need for the electoral college.
We are also a representative republic and not a true democracy so the electoral college system is completely consistent.

The electoral college will never be changed as 2/3’s of states would never agree to abolish it.

lol @ clueless Europeans bemoaning our awesome system of government and elections.

#winning

so true :yesyes:

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Every state is represented as every citizen has a vote.

And it is not about states, it is about the people. And "Awesome system"? please, if this is standup comedy, that was a nice one. Your system is fucked up to a point where it almost is no democracy anymore.

That was a good one, dude.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
If the result were favorable and the Dems would have won in 2000 and 2016 by use of The Electoral College they would have a monument built honoring The Electoral College and lectured everyone on the importance of The Electoral College.

If the result were favorable and the Dems would have won in 2000 and 2016 by use of The Electoral College they would have a monument built honoring The Electoral College and lectured everyone on the importance of The Electoral College.

Of course they would. In 2004, we were the state of Ohio away from that very thing happening. Kerry would've won the presidency while Bush won the popular vote by over 3 million.

Of course they would. In 2004, we were the state of Ohio away from that very thing happening. Kerry would've won the presidency while Bush won the popular vote by over 3 million.

Not affiliated with any party it is simply an atrocity

a giant falsehood.

you win by collecting votes, most votes gained you win.

Anything else is corrupt.

Not affiliated with any party it is simply an atrocity

a giant falsehood.

you win by collecting votes, most votes gained you win.

Anything else is corrupt.

On the contrary, your most votes wins invites corruption and allows it to have the greatest impact.

Our founders put in protections for the minority in establishing this representative republic as opposed to having mob rule. They seemed to know what they were doing. Thank God for their wisdom and foresight.

I don't think so : Dems know how the eldctoral college is fucked up. They know it since the 2000 election, when Bush won the genral college bvy 5 votes while Gore had won the popular vote by over 500,000 votes

In less than 20 years, the elctoral college allowed republicans to steal the election twice.

How did they "steal" the election when they won based on the rules that were in place?

what a stupid comment.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
The Electoral College is as important as anything the founding fathers ever implemented. It forces politicians to pay attention to states they'd normally just fly over and ignore. Trump out hustled Hilldebeast and campaigned hard in several states that she deemed unimportant because she is an evil, elitist cunt who deserved that loss more than any other cunt in the history of cunts.

The Electoral College is as important as anything the founding fathers ever implemented. It forces politicians to pay attention to states they'd normally just fly over and ignore. Trump out hustled Hilldebeast and campaigned hard in several states that she deemed unimportant because she is an evil, elitist cunt who deserved that loss more than any other cunt in the history of cunts.

And ignore all states that are solid Republican or solid Democrat.
How many rallies did Trump had in states like Oregon, Louisiana, Massaschusetts or Kansas ? Same question about Hillary.
Just because there's about 0% chance these states could flip, the people who live there have about 0% chance to see any candidate coming to their state. They were both too busy focusing on a dozen of flip states to even consider visiting the rest of the country, listening to people from states like Maine, Okhlahoma, Delaware or Utah.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Again with this? Let me learn ya somthin'.

USA did not form a system where each vote counted for anything other than the candidate. Town and county officials get a separate ballot. State legislatures get their own. Senate and congress run their own campaigns and have to fight for those jobs.

So, I don't have to make one vote that will have to extend outside of where what I want in my community since I have communities extended.

So tell me this about the electoral college, I vote for representatives. On the federal level they are in Senate, Congress, and President. I get 3 votes. Statewide I get the same. Locals have to fight for my vote on every front.

Now, I live in an electron community (however small or large}. Roads being built and traffic that affects me directly. My local vote that influences what is promised could come from anyone.

I ask you this, what will be the more influential influence on your taxes or rent? Federal implementations or local? Come live here.

If you've got a bitch about the electoral college then you don't live here. If you do live here, go change it. There is a way.

Again with this? Let me learn ya somthin'.

USA did not form a system where each vote counted for anything other than the candidate. Town and county officials get a separate ballot. State legislatures get their own. Senate and congress run their own campaigns and have to fight for those jobs.

So, I don't have to make one vote that will have to extend outside of where what I want in my community since I have communities extended.

So tell me this about the electoral college, I vote for representatives. On the federal level they are in Senate, Congress, and President. I get 3 votes. Statewide I get the same. Locals have to fight for my vote on every front.

Now, I live in an electron community (however small or large}. Roads being built and traffic that affects me directly. My local vote that influences what is promised could come from anyone.

I ask you this, what will be the more influential influence on your taxes or rent? Federal implementations or local? Come live here.

If you've got a bitch about the electoral college then you don't live here. If you do live here, go change it. There is a way.

National Popular Vote Interstate Compact (NPVIC). So far 12 states possessing 172 electoral votes have enacted NPVIC. Instead of abolishing the electoral college via constitutional amendment, NPVIC states have agreed to give their electoral votes to the candidate that wins the popular vote. This would go into effect once enough states join that the total number of votes will be 270. 98 votes are needed to get to 270. The 12 states that have enacted NPVIC are blue states. It's hard to see any red states enacting it. But if Democrats get their act together and win some of the these down ballot races, they can flip some state houses and be in a better position to pass NPVIC

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
Sour grapes for sure losers is what the entire "resistance" is really all it boils down to. Run better candidates.