• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

John Lennon - 29 Years ago today

Big Poppa Pump

- My Name Is My Name -
John%20Lennon%20Peace.jpg

My dad's favorite musician so I grew up with his music.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2009/12/08/john-lennon-death/

That's not this John Lennon you speak of! That's our beloved FO member StanScratch.

Who the heck is John Lennon?

People need to get your priorities straight! :hatsoff:

:tongue:

this one time i seen i guy at a bar that looked exactly like him just skinnier and younger and all him friends called him lennon it was funny...not that this story has anything to do with anything

chapman should rot in jail while being forced to listen to the beatles 24/7
while a video of catcher in the rye being shredded plays on a loop

I was a day shy of being 3 months old when it happened, so I can't say that I remember him or anything, but The Beatles have grown to be my all time favorite band, and I've grown quite fond of Lennon. It's a shame I never really lived while he was still alive. :hatsoff:

Darmund

Banned
Boo-fucking hoo. At least as far as music goes, Chapman saved the world from at least 5, and probably more like 15 albums worth of absolutely shitty music.

Seriously, Double Fantasy only sold and got the acclaim and awrds it did because Lennon got shot and killed, it was a shit album and Milk & Honey was even shittier, and there was absolutely no sense of rock on either of them, just the frightening spector of Yoko's mindsplinteringly off key screechs, which one knows would have been prominently featured on Lennon's future albums had he lived. Plus Ono would have put the kibosh on any future Beatles reunions so fuck her in the butthole.

meesterperfect

Hiliary 2020
Maybe others have a similar memory.
I was 10 years old, watching monday night football with my dad when Howard Cosell Announced to the world that lennon had been shot.........dead on arrival.
he paused, and said "dead on arrival".........wow.
I was a big beatles fan, blew me away.

I was just thinking about this.

Great guy, I wonder what he would be saying about the world today. Maybe a bit of positivity we could use.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Tragedy. I have a huge Lennon CD set that I often listen to. I was a senior in HS when he was killed.:(

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I remember the day it happened like it was yesterday. I went out to fetch the morning paper and, upon unfolding it from its plastic sleeve, I saw the banner headline "JOHN LENNON SHOT DEAD". It was like someone kicked me in the stomach. I was devastated for days....weeks even. It affected me like few, if any, deaths of those near and dear to me have either before or since. I never really realized the influence and importance he had on my life until he was gone. His talent was pure genius. His charismatic pull even greater....the voice of a generation lost in the haze and hedonism and hate and horror of the 1960s and 70s. Scarcely a day goes by when I don't at least think of him in some capacity. He had (and continues to have) a profound presence and affect on my life and he always will.

I know that Don McLean wrote and recorded the song "American Pie" as a reference to the tragic and untimely death of another great icon of Rock 'n' Roll, Buddy Holly....but to me, December 8, 1980 will always be the day the music died. I sorely miss and dearly love my good friend, mentor and brother John Lennon.