• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

It's a Pink Floyd Night...

I never really saw the big deal about Pink Floyd. It always just seemed like people got high in the 70's and listened to them, and because they were high, they thought it was the greatest fucking thing to ever happen. I don't hate them by any means, just never saw why they were so lauded (this goes for most "classic" rock, btw). I like "Time", "Learning To Fly" and "Vera", but a lot of it just seems like gobbledygook for old hippies.

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
dark side is pretty cool. time to turn on the blacklight over my flocked alice in wonderland poster. but i admit, i havent heard much outside of that and the wall.

Mayhem

Banned
I never really saw the big deal about Pink Floyd. It always just seemed like people got high in the 70's and listened to them, and because they were high, they thought it was the greatest fucking thing to ever happen. I don't hate them by any means, just never saw why they were so lauded (this goes for most "classic" rock, btw). I like "Time", "Learning To Fly" and "Vera", but a lot of it just seems like gobbledygook for old hippies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_Side_Of_The_Moon

The Dark Side of the Moon was an immediate success, topping the Billboard Top LPs & Tapes chart for one week. It subsequently remained in the charts for 741 weeks from 1973 to 1988, longer than any other album in history. With an estimated 50 million copies sold, it is Pink Floyd's most commercially successful album and one of the best-selling albums worldwide. It has twice been remastered and re-released, and has been covered in its entirety by several other acts. It spawned two singles, "Money" and "Us and Them". In addition to its commercial success, The Dark Side of the Moon is one of Pink Floyd's most popular albums among fans and critics, and is frequently ranked as one of the greatest rock albums of all time.

That's a lot of old hippies.

I get that from Floyd fans all the time when we have disagreements. I kind of understand their appeal, and that it must have been different when the records were released in terms of understanding and identifying with the songs, but I still don't get why they're such a big deal. Like I said, I don't hate them or even really dislike them, I just don't get why people think most of their songs are masterpieces for the ages. :dunno:

Dark side is my favorite for sure... then Wish You Were Here, Meddle and Animals follows might be tied for second. Another Brick in the Wall is too hit or miss for me to make it through the entire alum.