• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is The Term "New Normal" The Opposite Of "New And Improved"?

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
I'm not sure but every time I get lectured about adjusting to the "new normal" it's always something worse that we should just accept. Are there used examples where the "new normal" was an improvement that made people happy and their lives easier and more cost efficient? There probably is but I haven't heard it used recently.

Its a stupid phrase.

It doesn't seem like a phrase that's well received by the public. Maybe the rodent politicians need to go burrow in a hole together and conduct another focus group so they can come up with another phrase that means, "things are worse now and are gonna cost more but just sit there quietly and eat shit". These are the same idiots who don't know how to manage money that determine what our "fair share" is.

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
No, it doesn't have to be the opposite.
Let me give you two examples, both involving the Dallas Cowboys whereby one is good and one is bad.

(1) This season the Cowboys Defense is on pace to be the worst Defense in NFL history. So hopefully this Defense is NOT the New Normal. :eek:

(2) Last season the Cowboys had two 1000-yard Wide Receivers. This season they added to that, another extremely good Wide Receiver Cee Dee Lamb. They are definitely even BETTER than last season ... at least as far as Wide Receiver Prowess / Depth goes. So hopefully this IS the New Normal.

Hey Chuck, I’ve been sitting out this NFL season so I’m unaware of a lot of stuff. Are the new Cowboys like the old Chargers with Dan Fouts who would win or lose games by a score of 48-45?

ChuckFaze

Closed Account
Yeah, something like that, Dino.

They have the #1 Offense and the #1 Passing Offense. QB Dak Prescott is the #1 QB in the league.
While this season their Offense is yet again being infamous for having trouble getting in gear like last season ... they do eventually get going in the 2nd half and are putting up something like an average of 35 or so points a game.

The trouble is --- the Defense is allowing a shit load of yards AND around 38 points a game! :eek:
In other words, the Defense is not stopping SQUAT.
So unless the Offense starts averaging 45 or 50 points a game, it's going to be a long season and no playoffs, much less a Superbowl.

Having NFL Blitz as your team's blueprint and strategy won't bring you a Championship.

I see my Raiders are 2-2 and my college team, UCLA, isn't playing.