• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is Pantera The Best Metal Band Ever?

Well?

• HELLS YEAH!!!

Votes: 8 13.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • No

Votes: 45 76.3%
  • Isn't a Pantera some kind of car?

Votes: 3 5.1%

• Total voters
I like the riff from I'm Broken is fun to play. And I like the Beavis and Butthead music video of it, was funny! I highly recomend.

Nah, they were far from the best... Still better than Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, Anthrax, etc...

I still remember when "Dime" was known as "Diamond Darrell" and Pantera bordered on "glam".

circa 83-84

Just bordered? They were full blown glam.

glamtera-30809.jpg

Not only their looks, their music too.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
They can be a good metal band, but as metal is a kind of music that switches between plain boring me and getting on my nerves, if I have to listen or just hear it for longer times, they cannot be the best of it, i guess. there is no great metal band, to me

I think Pantera was the best at the time, but now I'm on to other bands, like All That Remains, System of a Down, As I Lay Dying, etc.

Hey!! So you're a metal girl!? I love metal girl!! I love PanterA very much but I don't think they're the best metal band ever! I like very much Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Display of Power..
In my opinion for what they've done and for the amount of people who goes to their concert I have to say that IRON MAIDEN are the best metal ever!
Also if now I'm much more involved in prog metal and so I prefer Pain Of Salvation and Symphony X

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
In my opinion, Maiden, AC/DC & Mötorhead are the best metal bands

HELL, YEAHH!! :banger: I did have the chance to see them live back in '97 along with Coal Chamber, that show rocked :banger: it was in a smaller venue down in South Texas so wherever you were standing, you were close to the stage :glugglug: the smell of beer, pot and tobacco was everywhere, it was fun