• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is Cohabitation Before Marriage Good or Bad?

Is Cohabitation Before Marriage Good or Bad?

• Total voters
I think it is a good idea for most as long as you dont get to comfortable and never take the relationship farther(unless thats what both wanted going into it)

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
:nono:

:hatsoff:

Cohabitation + A Prenup = ~*Marital Bliss*~

In my personal life, to go against Lust, I don't suspect any of my RL friends who cohabited first before marriage are unhappy now in marriage. I suspect half of my marriage-first friends are unhappy. :dunno:

Well I guess I will find out. My fiancé and I just got engaged about a month ago but have been living together for two years.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Cohabitation + A Prenup = ~*Marital Bliss*~

In my personal life, to go against Lust, I don't suspect any of my RL friends who cohabited first before marriage are unhappy now in marriage. I suspect half of my marriage-first friends are unhappy. :dunno:

:nono: You're in :error:

Well I guess I will find out. My fiancé and I just got engaged about a month ago but have been living together for two years.

It took you that long? :tongue:

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
The two options are really both not down my alley so I won't tick any of them.

The whole point of sacred marriage etc is bullshit :2 cents:

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
I've lived with my ol lady for the past 4 years. We're still not married. I don't wanna spend a ton of money on some bullshit wedding, that and we don't have it to spend anyway. She wants some fancy ass wedding. She grates my nerves but then again she is a woman so I wouldn't expect any less.

HAHAHAHA, awesome.

You forgot to add the option of selecting:

Cohabitation before marriage and marriage are both bad in most cases so I don't recommend either

It's not just a bit of paper any more than is a pass slip for your driving test.You don't become a better driver because you've passed your test but it makes you feel different.Marriage is the same idea-instead of playing at relationships you've actually committed to one.
I don't believe in great big fancy weddings (that's often as not the bride's parents' wish)-it seems that couples who have quiet ones seem to have longer marriages.Both my wife and myself came from families where our parents stayed together and so did our grandparents.I entered mine in the sense that having made a commitment it would stay made and several decades later it still does.Marriages don't work, they have to be made to work.
As for pre-nups they have no legal standing at all in the UK and in effect less than you would imagine in the US.If children are involved the judge can tear them up.

Lust

Lost at Birth

well gratz man! i hope it works out well for ya.

to be honest, im not into marriage but thats just me. despite the scientific and social researches showing the odds to be greater, i do think love conquers all and i dont think there's an absolute when it comes to human bonding. im a stickler for statistics but sometimes that just blinds my way, so despite what i've quoted as far as science goes, let bubb's post be your paradigm of hope. 37 years of marrige is definitely a success!

You should move in together first. There is no better way to really get to know someone then to live with them.

You should move in together first. There is no better way to really get to know someone then to live with them.

Statistically though this is not what leads to lasting marriages.This may seem counter-intuitive but it's true overall.You can't of course go from the general to the specific.
Perhaps those who get married without cohabiting first are those who have no doubts about their relationship.

Lust

Lost at Birth
Statistically though this is not what leads to lasting marriages.This may seem counter-intuitive but it's true overall.You can't of course go from the general to the specific.
Perhaps those who get married without cohabiting first are those who have no doubts about their relationship.

yeah its kind of funny. this thread has become rather interesting to me when you look at the poll numbers. despite the fact that every study, research and statistic done on marriage over the last 35 years by professional organizations, doctors, statiticians and sociologists say that living together before marriage has an average of 75% higher rate of divorce than those who dont live together first, we still go with our gut instincts lol.

seriously i dont understand it. my gut, my brain my whole body tells me its better to live together first. but scientific data clearly states otherwise with overwhelming facts. its not even close. its like that roman superbowl where it was Lions 234/Plebians 0. yet here we are refusing to accept the Plebs lost lol. oh well, what the hell does science know about love anyway? we are hopeless romantics and science be damned!

JayJohn85

Banned
yeah its kind of funny. this thread has become rather interesting to me when you look at the poll numbers. despite the fact that every study, research and statistic done on marriage over the last 35 years by professional organizations, doctors, statiticians and sociologists say that living together before marriage has an average of 75% higher rate of divorce than those who dont live together first, we still go with our gut instincts lol.

seriously i dont understand it. my gut, my brain my whole body tells me its better to live together first. but scientific data clearly states otherwise with overwhelming facts. its not even close. its like that roman superbowl where it was Lions 234/Plebians 0. yet here we are refusing to accept the Plebs lost lol. oh well, what the hell does science know about love anyway? we are hopeless romantics and science be damned!

Well thats really cause the issues werent iron out before they got married, Likely ignored also woman suffer from this grand illusion that they can CHANGE men. To which I would reply: Can men change you?

The marriage thing also is a case of well more so in the past.....Shit we are married now I guess I'll put up with this weird shit I didnt know about or annoying habits to make the marriage work.

Well thats really cause the issues werent iron out before they got married, Likely ignored also woman suffer from this grand illusion that they can CHANGE men. To which I would reply: Can men change you?

The marriage thing also is a case of well more so in the past.....Shit we are married now I guess I'll put up with this weird shit I didnt know about or annoying habits to make the marriage work.

When they DO change you, all you get is "You aren't the man I married"

I think the elevated failure rate for those who cohabit first is, as I hinted before,that if you say "marriage is a big step , let's try living together first" what you may well be meaning is "I'm not convinced I want to make a lifetime commitment"......all well and good as long as there are no resulting children.