• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is Chivalry Dead? (A question for the ladies)

Is chivalry dead?

• Yes

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • In some ways, yes, and in other ways, no.

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters
I'm not talking about knights running around with the handkerchiefs of their ladies'. I'm talking about modern day chivalry. You know, pulling out a woman's chair for her before she sits down, holding open the door for her, putting your coat over the puddle, and things like that. Call me out on it if I'm wrong, but I believe the apparent death of chivalry in modern society to be a effect of the feminist movement over the past few decades. I don't know if it's just girls my age, but when I try ascertain to the old ways of chivalry, they call it "cheesy" or "corny." So tell me ladies and my fellow gentlemen, is chivalry really dead?

just from my view as a man i still hold doors and "ladies first" not because of society just because i feel it's the right thing to do :2 cents:

putting your coat over the puddle?

I'm all for opening doors and holding chairs and all that crap. But putting your coat over a puddle? :wtf: What's the use in that? If the woman you're with can't walk around the puddle then frankly she's a lost cause and you should leave her there to freeze to death.

Is chivalry dead?

Probably...... :D

^^yeah, i try to treat everyone nicely and it's "ladies first" because i like women WAY more than men

But putting your coat over a puddle? :wtf: What's the use in that? If the woman you're with can't walk around the puddle then frankly she's a lost cause and you should leave her there to freeze to death.

Would I actually do it? Hell no.
I just put it there so everyone knew the kind of things I was talking about. Putting your coat over the puddle is just one of those silly things that you always see in old romantic movies.

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
I'm all for opening doors and holding chairs and all that crap. But putting your coat over a puddle? :wtf: What's the use in that? If the woman you're with can't walk around the puddle then frankly she's a lost cause and you should leave her there to freeze to death.

Is chivalry dead?

Probably...... :D

I think chivalry is dying. There are still some good guys out there who at least attempt to be chivalrous most of the time. I would much rather a guy pick me up over a puddle rather then put his coat down over it. Besides, if theres a puddle, its raining. If its raining, I'm already wearing his coat. So why would I want to take off the coat to step on it? Then I'd have to wear a wet coat? :dunno: :tongue: lol

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
I once had a job that involved carrying armfuls of heavy equipment through a warehouse,past a womans' desk area.(Notice i said "woman" as opposed to "lady") One of the times I had to do this,she was standing with her back to me,in my way.I said to her,very politely "Excuse me ma'am."....at which point she began berating me with some type of bullshit I still don't understand."Don't call me ma'am,goddammit,blah blah blah,etc etc... (I'm still holding all of this heavy-ass shit BTW).

After politely listening to this psycho fucking bullshit for what seemed like an eternity,I finally shouted "Fine bitch,GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY WAY!!"

I don't think chivalry is dead,I think that people just need to lighten the fuck up.

It can't be. Last year a 94 year old woman offered me her seat on the bus. I joke not.The offer was gracefully delined of course.

jasonk282

Banned
I still open doors for my wife and pump the gas when we are using her car. I don't think it's dead, I just think that since the 80's women have become more indepentent in the workplace and world and it's just a reflection of that.