• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Is Alex Rodriguez the dumbest athlete on the planet?

Let us revisit some things...

His Original 10 year/$250million contract paid him (on average) $25mil a year. When Texas basically said "We can't afford this contract..HELP!"..the Yankees came to the rescue providing Texas co-pay on the contract ($20 million more was supposed to come from the Rangers).

--ARod "opts-out" of his contract during the World Series. He "rained" on MLB's parade and made himself bigger then the game.

--His Agent publically floats $350Mill as "the new figure" ($35 mil a year).

--The Yankees declare, "We will not negotiate with him again..."

--ARod and his agent wait around for 2 weeks, for the parade of suitors. Nothing serious materializes from any team.

--ARod panics and calls up the Yankees to see if they are "still interested." They say, "Yes," but we don't want your agent to negotiate.

--ARod agrees, silences his agent, and negotiates a new deal for $27 mill a year.

This is a far cry from the $30-$35mill he and his agent were bragging about. ARod's reputation, what little was left, has been ruined, and for what amounts to nothing more than a marginal salary increase, all things considered.

He could've saved his public embarrassment if he and his agent weren't so dumb or greedy or both:dunno: There are very few blunders like over-inflating ones self-worth....

Luckily for him and the Yankees reputation has nothing to do with hitting a baseball. Baseball is a collection of individuals and teamwork doesn't even mean that much to winning. I'm sure when he starts knocking them over the fence the fans won't care, not until age catches up to him and he starts slowing down. Then again by that time the Yankees might still be on the hook for an enormous amount of money they owe him so maybe he knows what he's doing.

I Don't think A-Rod is dumb,but the Yankees and the rest of Baseball definitely are.

You can argue that he will break all of the records(which I personally am not totally convinced that he will do) and all that shit,but the bottom line is that come crunch time,AKA the playoff, he ain't never done shit.I'm a big time White Sox fan and I wouldn't want him on my team because you really can't count on him when you need him the most.This post season he actually played better than in previous post seasons,but when you are giving a guy 250 million dollars he damn sure better be batting .400 or better in the playoffs.

You definitely can't blame him though.If team owners were gonna give me a shit load of money like that even though they know I'm not worth a portion of that in the playoffs,what the fuck,I'd take it too.

but when you are giving a guy 250 million dollars he damn sure better be batting .400 or better in the playoffs.

Considering that most people face better pitching on average in the playoffs that would be unreasonable to expect from anybody.

In any respect believing in players having the ability to get in a hot streaks or become clutch is just a variation of the Gambler's Fallacy.

Considering that most people face better pitching on average in the playoffs that would be unreasonable to expect from anybody.

Just like it was unreasonable for Bor-Ass to expect any team to cough up 350 million for A-Rod.And I don't think it unreasonable to expect the highest paid player to also be the best player not just in the regular season but also in the playoffs.They paid Jordan,I believe,26 million the last year he was with the Bulls and he earned every penny of it.Not only was he great in the regular season,but he was stellar,as usual,in the playoffs.A-Rod can't claim post season greatness.Hell,Jeter is 10x better than A-Rod in the playoffs.

All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not a Yankee fan.Hey,congratulations, you just over paid for another player that won't help you in the playoffs,and where the hell is your pitching?!

Fuckin' idiots:thefinger.(not the fans,but the owners)

i agree with D-rock to a point, but some guys crack under pressure, and some step up their game. . . so far A-Rod has shown to be the less desirable of the two. Only reason i root for him, is he has a chance to dethrone Barry for the HR title, and while i don't like either, I'd rather see him take it. Bonds just somes off like an arrogant prick.

GO WHITE SOX!!!

i agree with D-rock to a point, but some guys crack under pressure, and some step up their game. . .
GO WHITE SOX!!!

And wouldn't you expect a guy that you are paying 27 mil. to step their game up when the pressure is on?

Don't let anyone fool you, it all has to do with $$$$$. No other team wanted to / and can afford to throw that kind of $$$$ around like the Yanks do. Speaking as a Yankee fan, I could really care less whether that whiny baby is there or not. However, he does have the best chance at bringing the HR record back where it belongs, and away from Juice boy Bonds

Don't let anyone fool you, it all has to do with $$$$$.

You're right. He hit the market expecting someone to legitamately give him $300 million. There are barely five teams that can do that, so that severely limited his options. When he found out the Dodgers and Angels both weren't willing to fork over that amount of money, he went with the next best thing, the seemingly neverending pockets of the Yankees. Now MAYBE he'll actually honor the length of this contract, instead of spending three years on a last place team (last place BECAUSE of him), and bitching his way into a trade. I've lost what little respect for him that I had through this process, as he's proven himself to be a very arrogant, self-centered person.:2 cents:

Don't let anyone fool you, it all has to do with $$$$$. No other team wanted to / and can afford to throw that kind of $$$$ around like the Yanks do. Speaking as a Yankee fan, I could really care less whether that whiny baby is there or not. However, he does have the best chance at bringing the HR record back where it belongs, and away from Juice boy Bonds

So I guess the home run record means more to you as a Yankees fan than championships.:rolleyes: