• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Iraq world's No. 2 failed state.

The link is dead now but I assume from the responses that the article says the USA is the #1 failed state in the world. This is utter bullshit. The assertion that the Bush administration is an unmitigated disaster cannot be questioned. However, this should not be construed as an indictment of the USA as a nation. We've rebounded from things like this before and we will again after Bush and his cronies are long gone.

No one ever wants to talk about any of the good things that the USA stands for (damn...I almost sound like a republican! NOT!)

:1orglaugh

No it was sudan who was #1,point was how bad Iraq is.

McRocket

Banned
The link is dead now but I assume from the responses that the article says the USA is the #1 failed state in the world. This is utter bullshit. The assertion that the Bush administration is an unmitigated disaster cannot be questioned. However, this should not be construed as an indictment of the USA as a nation. We've rebounded from things like this before and we will again after Bush and his cronies are long gone.

No one ever wants to talk about any of the good things that the USA stands for (damn...I almost sound like a republican! NOT!)

:1orglaugh
I assume the site - and article - is just down temporarily.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Can we all generally agree that I'm drinking a red table wine and you all should be, too?!

All I have to say is this.

In 1946, Germany and Japan would have topped that list. The rest of Europe (barring Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, and Ireland) would have been high up there, along with a fair part of Asia.

Things take time to rebuild. Nations take time to rebuild. You cannot rebuild without stability. If I recall correctly, it took a decade to rebuild Europe after the Second World War. And, there weren't suicide bombers and other destabilizing elements running amok, either. Hence, why the expectation of a nation's instant rebuilding is flawed.

Too bad, it's only No. 2. How can the America-haters possibly blame the US for the failure of Sudan?

They can't. This one is all China's baby.

Sudan is China's largest overseas oil project. They basically provide the Sudanese government - who are accused of mass genocide in Darfur and systematically massacring civilians - with diplomatic protection and most of their weapons and technology.