• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Interesting: Military vs. Education spending

I thought this was an interesting graphic. Thoughts?

map.jpg

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
What's your angle, Dirl? Am I going to have to start referring to you as Jenkum, Jr?

Nah. I have no angle here, I just genuinely found this interesting, and wondered what others thought. There are interesting things - Canada and the U.K. are quite similar, do you think the education standards are similar?

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Nah. I have no angle here, I just genuinely found this interesting, and wondered what others thought. There are interesting things - Canada and the U.K. are quite similar, do you think the education standards are similar?

Actually, of the countries listed, we were closest to Iran. That scares the shit out of me.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
Canada only spends 6% on military? :surprise:

If the Canucks beat the Blackhawks in the playoffs this year, I'm liable to gather a few friends and successfully invade Canada as retribution.

My initial thought was that Mexico isn't getting a very good return on it's spending in either category....

If the Canucks beat the Blackhawks in the playoffs this year, I'm liable to gather a few friends and successfully invade Canada as retribution.

Avoid my house. I hate the Canucks. I'll even fill some socks with pennies to give you.

That's alright. The good old Canadians will just have to invade USA's capital, and burn down the White House.

Again.

off course in the US, Military exceed education. But lets have a look to wich other countries spends more money for military than for education : Iran, Russia, China, Pakistan and UAE. Countries, known for their respect for democracy, human rights, etc...

winterwarz

Closed Account
The governments of the world share these wealths, obviously. For instance the highest educational ratios are mostly countries under British commonwealth rule. Interesting find man, thanks for sharing.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
Why don't they just combine education and military spending initiate the whole "No Child Left Behind Without Body Armor Program".

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
Why don't they just combine education and military spending initiate the whole "No Child Left Behind Without Body Armor Program".
This would certainly help with the US' predisposition for school shootings. :(

I don't see what the problem is, really. That's what happens when the rest of the world expects you to wipe it's ass for it (policing isn't free, you know.) And considering we (America) spend MORE than any other country in the Western world on public education, I also don't see how people in America have the audacity to lobby for more funding. :facepalm:

My initial thought was that Mexico isn't getting a very good return on it's spending in either category....

:rofl2::funnyshit:

georges

Staff member
off course in the US, Military exceed education. But lets have a look to wich other countries spends more money for military than for education : Iran, Russia, China, Pakistan and UAE. Countries, known for their respect for democracy, human rights, etc...

so true :yesyes:

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
I don't see what the problem is, really. That's what happens when the rest of the world expects you to wipe it's ass for it (policing isn't free, you know.) And considering we (America) spend MORE than any other country in the Western world on public education, I also don't see how people in America have the audacity to lobby for more funding. :facepalm:

If that's true, then maybe the U.S. should stop doing what's expected of it, and instead do what is good and right for the people of THIS nation (for a change).

I believe you're actually right though, that the U.S. spends more per pupil than any other developed country... other than Switzerland (I believe). But our math and science test scores are at or near the bottom of the top spending nations. So no, just increasing total dollars spent doesn't equal success. And I would say the same thing about military spending.

IMO, the U.S. needs a comprehensive manufacturing policy, a comprehensive education policy and a comprehensive military policy. Including the military, all of these areas are in need of review... and none of them improve just by tossing $ at them.

BTW, does it strike anyone else that the U.S. seems to be following in the foot steps of the Soviet Union? Spending money that we don't have to prop up third rate governments and countries, all while pretending that if we don't do that, then the whole world will just fall apart. I forget now... how did that story end for the Soviets? :dunno: