• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I'm so happy i wasn't alive in the 70s

To be honest the below examples will not make me go proud of the 2000's either, in a decade.

east%2B17.jpg

michelle-obama-at-clinton-global-initiative-706bes092410.jpg

bad-ad-placement.jpg

roscoe_219581.jpg

Point well made Sabrina!

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
OK, I was just a snot nosed kid but I do remember most of the decade. Muscle cars, Allman Brothers, Zepplin, Skynyrd, The Who, playing outside all day without needing to have someone making sure that you weren't snatched, riding a bike without a helmet, sitting on Dads lap and "steering" the car. Then Disco came along and ruined the whole damn thing.

...not to mention the bikes themselves...

1348661367586.jpg

Does anyone else remember legally riding in the bed of a pickup truck on the street? I clearly remember coming up to the Bay Area to visit my uncle when I was a kid and going back to his house in Redwood City from a party at his friend's house in Hayward, about a 25 mile ride which included going over the San Mateo Bridge, in the bed of a truck. Back then we were smart enough to know that if we were riding in the bed of the truck our asses were not to get up while the truck was moving. Damn, I feel old now.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
Does anyone else remember legally riding in the bed of a pickup truck on the street? I clearly remember coming up to the Bay Area to visit my uncle when I was a kid and going back to his house in Redwood City from a party at his friend's house in Hayward, about a 25 mile ride which included going over the San Mateo Bridge, in the bed of a truck. Back then we were smart enough to know that if we were riding in the bed of the truck our asses were not to get up while the truck was moving. Damn, I feel old now.

My dad coached my little league team and I remember the whole team in the back of his '71 Ford. Good times.

Deepcover

Closed Account
Glad you were or glad you weren't?

Cocaine apparently got big back in the seventies, if you believe the movie Blow. I don't know, I was born in '73. I don't think it's cool to shit can a whole decade because some aspects were whack. If you think any decade was perfect you've got on some serious blinders.

Weren't around during the 1970's. Was born in the early 80's...the crack epedemic era (and no I was no crack baby). I don't think every decade was perfect. Every decade has it's boom and bust periods.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
It was a great decade to grow up in. Yeah, then you had LPs and 8 track tapes. FM radio. When music was good.

1970 -- When almost every rock musician was alive from all the members of Beatles and the Rolling Stones (with the exception of Brian Jones)...

(The first rock fatality was Jimi Hendrix, then Alan Wilson, then Janis Joplin, then Jim Morrison, then Duane Allman, then Berry Oakley...)

from winning the trebleRe: I'm so happy i wasn't alive in the 70s

As a very young kid in the 70's one of the greatest moments ever ever happened in 1977. Manchester United (hallelujah) stopped the shits from Liverpool (hissss, spit) from winning the treble. FA Cup winners :) I thank you.

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
...not to mention the bikes themselves...

1348661367586.jpg

Ever take a junk bike, cut the forks off and then drive them onto the forks of a good bike to make a chopper? Before they stopped making the little front wheels (they outlawed them, didn't they?), that was the way to go! And if you had a wide, slick rear tire, you were really cool!

And even though I was a rocker kid and hated disco, now that I think about it, even the suck music in the 70's was better than most of the music of today. Yeah, I do think even KC and the Sunshine Band and David Cassidy/"Keith Partridge" were better than Justin Beeeeber. No wonder so many youngsters are going on shooting sprees these days. Hell, I'd probably want to smoke somebody too if I had to listen to that shit all day. I won't even get started on the shit movies and TV shows (reality TV = :throwup:) of today.

Elwood70

Torn & Frayed.
Ever take a junk bike, cut the forks off and then drive them onto the forks of a good bike to make a chopper? Before they stopped making the little front wheels (they outlawed them, didn't they?), that was the way to go! And if you had a wide, slick rear tire, you were really cool!

Yes and yes.

The shifters and small front wheel/tire combo were outlawed in '73 due to the concentrated efforts of one Mr. Ralph Nader....fuckin' asshole.

I remember when my rear tire wore out (can't imagine how.. :D); I bought a 20" Slik (their spelling, not mine) for ten bucks.

That tire now (NOS) is $250.00 if you can find it.

My brothers' kids have to spend 10-15 minutes getting ready to ride their bikes ....and can't do wheelies.

I just get on and go....

I don't feel sorry for them...it's the only way they know,but...

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g170/Jake-Blues-II/70s.jpg