• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I’ll build that pipeline even ‘if I have to do it myself’

romney.jpg

Romney: I’ll build that pipeline even ‘if I have to do it myself’

Mitt Romney vowed Friday that, if elected president, he would build the controversial Keystone Pipeline linking oil deposits in Canada to refineries on the Texas gulf coast.
"I will build that pipeline if I have to do it myself," Romney said during a speech before state Republican Party leaders gathered at a retreat in Arizona.

It was Romney's first major appearance before party officials as the party's presumptive presidential nominee. But Republican National Committee chairman Reince Priebus, who was chairing the event, stopped short of formally endorsing the former Massachusetts governor as the GOP nominee, because Romney has not officially clinched the necessary number of delegates required to claim the nomination.

Romney, who took the stage to a standing ovation, delivered essentially the same speech he has given for the last two days, attacking President Barack Obama on everything from his handling of the economy to his policies on energy, health care and education. "The president has failed," Romney said.

He took specific aim at the Democratic Party's ties to labor unions, accusing Obama of putting union heads above the needs of the American people. "That's where they get their money," Romney said. "And that's where they pay obedience."

He accused Obama of setting the country back on foreign policy, including in the Middle East where he said the president had jeopardized the U.S.'s relationship with Israel. "We are not any closer to peace," Romney said.

Romney stayed away from hot-button issues in which he's come under fire from members of his party—including social issues like abortion.
Instead, he kept his focus squarely on Obama. He told the audience he had met Obama at a dinner in Washington, D.C., about "four or five years ago."
"I think he's a nice person," Romney said of Obama. "I just don't think we can afford him any longer."

yahoo.com

Mayhem

Banned
You do realize that this douche is going to be issued an ass-kicking of biblical proportions on election day, right?

Youll build it with tax payer dollars and corporate welfare! Well still get $3.90 gas. I call a BS!

There is just no way I'm voting for Romeny. Not only is he as phoney as hell he's also an idiot. The best the Republicans can hope on election day for is that I vote for nobody. (Which is an actual possibility considering I don't really love Obama either, but at least Obama has a chance to get my vote. With Romeny there just isn't any way. In fact if it looks like it might be close I might vote for Obama just to help Romeny lose and not because I like Obama.)

Barry don't want oil.....................he be wanting his greens shit.

Not many people noticed during the run up to the Iowa caucuses and last year's payroll tax fight that a far more important, and potentially game-changing, resolution passed the Senate at the end of 2011. It was the authorization for the $3 billion Keystone XL pipeline connecting us to Canada’s booming oil shale production, which the Senate has given President Obama sixty days to either sign or not sign as “not in the national interest.”

"What’s at stake here isn’t just new access to oil, or even jobs ... it’s America’s future as the new energy giant of the 21st century."
- Arthur Herman

Consider these facts:
We are already the world’s number three oil producer at 7.5 million barrels a day.

In June Exxon-Mobil announced discovery of a massive new field in the Gulf of Mexico, with as many as 700 million barrels waiting to be tapped.

Montana and North Dakota sit on an oil shale formation that could produce another four billion barrels.

In addition, Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Reserve’s fields and National Petroleum Reserve could easily add another thirty billion barrels to add to a new American gusher.

Even if you don’t count Alaska, the new boom of off-shore drilling and oil shale production should add another 1.5 million barrels a day to our domestic output by 2015. That’s closing on Saudi Arabia’s daily total.

With Canada and Mexico already producing more than Iran and the Arab Emirates combined, we’re looking at a major shift in the geopolitics of oil–with the United States at the center of it.

Don’t be fooled by claims that fossil fuels are doomed. Alternative fuels won’t be coming on line anytime soon, certainly not enough to replace the essential role that oil, natural gas, and coal play in our economy from sources of energy to modern plastics and petrochemicals.

Obama, of course, is fighting the emergence of the United States as the new energy colossus every step of the way. He used the BP oil spill to impose a moratorium on new off shore drilling; his EPA is now trying to halt new natural gas exploration through fracking; he was hoping to postpone the battle over Keystone until after the 2012 election. And that’s not counting the billions of tax payers’ money he’s poured into his obsession with wind and solar power, including clunkers like Solyndra.

The irony is that Obama thinks he’s on the cutting edge of the future, when he actually on the back end of the past. He and his green pals continue to tout a technology that hasn’t advanced much since we experimented with solar batteries in my junior high school shop class back in 1970.

Meanwhile, the new oil empire is waiting to gush–indeed, with Keystone’s help in twenty years almost ninety percent of our liquid fuel needs could be coming just from ourselves and Canada.

Good-bye, OPEC. Hello, energy independence.

All we need is a president who doesn’t have to be arm twisted into keeping us strong and prosperous.

* Arthur Herman is a historian and author of the Pulitzer Prize finalist "Gandhi and Churchill: The Epic Rivalry That Destroyed an Empire and Forged Our Age (Bantam, 2008)," His other books include the Mountbatten Prize–nominated "To Rule the Waves: How the British Navy Shaped the Modern World (HarperCollins, 2005)," the New York Times bestseller "How the Scots Invented the Modern World (Three Rivers Press, 2001)," and many articles on foreign and military policy. He is a visiting scholar at AEI.

http://www.aei.org/article/energy-a...ture-is-oil/?gclid=CMbFyqT-xK8CFcIFRQodPn5hcQ

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
Look at that sexy grandpa. I can't stand his phony guts, but damn is he handsome son of a bitch. Look at him.

Do I have chance of looking that good when I'm sixty? Or do I have to sell my soul like he did?

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Not many people noticed during the run up to the Iowa caucuses and last year's payroll tax fight that a far more important, and potentially game-changing, resolution passed the Senate at the end of 2011. It was the authorization for the $3 billion Keystone XL pipeline connecting us to Canada’s booming oil shale production, which the Senate has given President Obama sixty days to either sign or not sign as “not in the national interest.”

"What’s at stake here isn’t just new access to oil, or even jobs ... it’s America’s future as the new energy giant of the 21st century."
- Arthur Herman

Consider these facts:
We are already the world’s number three oil producer at 7.5 million barrels a day.

In June Exxon-Mobil announced discovery of a massive new field in the Gulf of Mexico, with as many as 700 million barrels waiting to be tapped.

Montana and North Dakota sit on an oil shale formation that could produce another four billion barrels.

In addition, Alaska’s Arctic National Wildlife Reserve’s fields and National Petroleum Reserve could easily add another thirty billion barrels to add to a new American gusher.

Even if you don’t count Alaska, the new boom of off-shore drilling and oil shale production should add another 1.5 million barrels a day to our domestic output by 2015. That’s closing on Saudi Arabia’s daily total.

With Canada and Mexico already producing more than Iran and the Arab Emirates combined, we’re looking at a major shift in the geopolitics of oil–with the United States at the center of it.

Don’t be fooled by claims that fossil fuels are doomed. Alternative fuels won’t be coming on line anytime soon, certainly not enough to replace the essential role that oil, natural gas, and coal play in our economy from sources of energy to modern plastics and petrochemicals.

Obama, of course, is fighting the emergence of the United States as the new energy colossus every step of the way. He used the BP oil spill to impose a moratorium on new off shore drilling; his EPA is now trying to halt new natural gas exploration through fracking; he was hoping to postpone the battle over Keystone until after the 2012 election. And that’s not counting the billions of tax payers’ money he’s poured into his obsession with wind and solar power, including clunkers like Solyndra.

The irony is that Obama thinks he’s on the cutting edge of the future, when he actually on the back end of the past. He and his green pals continue to tout a technology that hasn’t advanced much since we experimented with solar batteries in my junior high school shop class back in 1970.

Meanwhile, the new oil empire is waiting to gush–indeed, with Keystone’s help in twenty years almost ninety percent of our liquid fuel needs could be coming just from ourselves and Canada.

Good-bye, OPEC. Hello, energy independence.

All we need is a president who doesn’t have to be arm twisted into keeping us strong and prosperous.

* Arthur Herman is a historian and author of the Pulitzer Prize finalist "Gandhi and Churchill: The Epic Rivalry That Destroyed an Empire and Forged Our Age (Bantam, 2008)," His other books include the Mountbatten Prize–nominated "To Rule the Waves: How the British Navy Shaped the Modern World (HarperCollins, 2005)," the New York Times bestseller "How the Scots Invented the Modern World (Three Rivers Press, 2001)," and many articles on foreign and military policy. He is a visiting scholar at AEI.

http://www.aei.org/article/energy-a...ture-is-oil/?gclid=CMbFyqT-xK8CFcIFRQodPn5hcQ

How lame. Canada should build the pipeline to the Pacific for China. I'd like to see Romney respond to that.

[

How lame. Canada should build the pipeline to the Pacific for China. I'd like to see Romney respond to that.
This is what I love about you god damned Canadians. And you know I am serious Plasma Twat. You guys truly HATE us, just admit it. You hate everything about the country. I hope some day all this vitriol for your "friend" to the south comes back to SLAP your arrogant asses right back in the face.

Well fark me.

Y'all have a nice day.

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
You do realize that this douche is going to be issued an ass-kicking of biblical proportions on election day, right?
For America's sake I hope so.
Look at that sexy grandpa. I can't stand his phony guts, but damn is he handsome son of a bitch. Look at him.

Do I have chance of looking that good when I'm sixty? Or do I have to sell my soul like he did?
What is it that they say about politics being a beauty competition for ugly people?

PlasmaTwa2

This is what I love about you god damned Canadians. And you know I am serious Plasma Twat. You guys truly HATE us, just admit it. You hate everything about the country. I hope some day all this vitriol for your "friend" to the south comes back to SLAP your arrogant asses right back in the face.

Well fark me.

Y'all have a nice day.

We don't truly hate you, actually. We mostly just hate your government because even when we have a Neo-Con as Prime Minister and you have a Republican government they still do not see eye to eye. We're all really tired of Romney's whole "I'm going to get America the oil from Canada that it deserves" schtick because... it's not his. Is the Keystone pipeline a good idea for Canada? Sure, but not right now. Other things are needed first, including improvements to Canada's own oil infrastructure and more options to trade with Asia. The pipeline for China has to come before this one because it's in the national interest to diversify.

Shifty

O.G.

Well fark me.

Y'all have a nice day.

You're a riot.

We don't truly hate you, actually. We mostly just hate your government because even when we have a Neo-Con as Prime Minister and you have a Republican government they still do not see eye to eye. We're all really tired of Romney's whole "I'm going to get America the oil from Canada that it deserves" schtick because... it's not his. Is the Keystone pipeline a good idea for Canada? Sure, but not right now. Other things are needed first, including improvements to Canada's own oil infrastructure and more options to trade with Asia. The pipeline for China has to come before this one because it's in the national interest to diversify.

You're a riot.

No, you guys are a riot. I'm tired of this thinly-veiled hate rhetoric such as "trust us, we love you, but...." Save it. I am sick and tired of it. Keep thumbing your noses at us. Just keep it up, while you wank to American OCSMs.

As far as Romney...seriously Plasma? Do you honestly think I give a fuck about a Romney (even though his father is self-made, which you probably didn't even know, because all you see is his bank account. He actually donated ALL of his inheritance)? I can't stand him and am clearly on record on this board about my loyalty to Dr. Paul. I cannot stand him at all, nor Obamer. I'll just vote Independent for the third straight time.

You guys are all big talk, but it is just small talk because it has no bearing on this country, really, whatsoever. Sheesh.

I don't blame you Plas, seriously, because if I were from Saskatoon, I'd be pretty pissed at the entire North American continent as well, as if there's one place on the Canadian map I'd prefer NOT to land on, it would be right there.

Hold him to that. If he wins, demand he spend the next couple of months/years out in the field digging and helping to lay said pipeline.

Nothing else matters!

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
Consider these facts:

I think the US of A should go into way more energy-efficient houses, mobiles and so on, and you are pretty much good to go.

The fat cars and noninsulated homes are what kills you.

PlasmaTwa2

No, you guys are a riot. I'm tired of this thinly-veiled hate rhetoric such as "trust us, we love you, but...." Save it. I am sick and tired of it. Keep thumbing your noses at us. Just keep it up, while you wank to American OCSMs.

As far as Romney...seriously Plasma? Do you honestly think I give a fuck about a Romney (even though his father is self-made, which you probably didn't even know, because all you see is his bank account. He actually donated ALL of his inheritance)? I can't stand him and am clearly on record on this board about my loyalty to Dr. Paul. I cannot stand him at all, nor Obamer. I'll just vote Independent for the third straight time.

You guys are all big talk, but it is just small talk because it has no bearing on this country, really, whatsoever. Sheesh.

I don't blame you Plas, seriously, because if I were from Saskatoon, I'd be pretty pissed at the entire North American continent as well, as if there's one place on the Canadian map I'd prefer NOT to land on, it would be right there.

Does anybody see the irony in this? Calls me a bunch of big talk and then goes on a rant on how Canada doesn't matter to the US? :dunno: