• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

i want one of these

Thats awesome...

With an R/C plane that fast, you really have to worry about flying out of your radio reception limit.

cool plane, wouldnt mine fetching myself one of those

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
amstrad said:
Thats awesome...

With an R/C plane that fast, you really have to worry about flying out of your radio reception limit.

Yep - if that ever crashed, I would feel damn sorry for him...

Here in the UK, we had a TV series called 'Super Models' in which they built a replica of a Hercules type transporter plane.
It was probably twice the size of the F-14 in that video.
Surprisingly it actually flew.

Here in NZ a few years back a "keen" (obsessed) RC model maker built a large scale replica of a WW II Lancaster bomber powered by 4 brushcutter engings. Wingspan was in the vicinity of 16 - 18 feet from memory and required a well co-ordinated team of 3 to operate all the RC systems. Wasn't flown very often as it required Aviation Authority permission to be flown in built up areas or inside controlled airspace as this puppy was big enough to show up on approach radar. I it believe in ended up making a very expensive hole in the ground after an in flight RC system failure

I actually used to be involved in RC airplanes and have seen this kind of thing before. It's cool but I don't think he should have picked an F-14. Because he didn't engineer swing-wing (I don't blame him for it, what a bitch on a model) it kind of looks ugly flying around with the wings extended. If he wanted a twin he should have gone with a F-15 or F-18. The problem with model jets is all you get to do with them is do speed passes with them and then pick one of a dozen turnaround manuvers, then do another speed pass the other way.

A funny thing though, when model turbines come out one of the big name model jet kit manufactures (Bob Violett I think) just modified an existing jet design for a ducted fan (piston engine, internal, with fan blades instead of a prop) and went so fast on the test flight to fly it apart! After turbines became more popular the AMA (the USA R/C governing body) made a speed limit of about 300 mph (480 kph).

Last time I checked turbines were $10,000-$15,000 each. It may have dropped some though.