• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

I hate this world

Re: RUn Abdul Run!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Gazinya said:
In a rare moment of common sense in this fucking world, Abdul got set free!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12022144/

Good luck dude!

No Peter. Abdul's of this world should not run. If they start running it will be the victory of the unjust.

They should stand, even alone, so that we can stand beside him. Some of us should go against the flow. That's how the world was made as it is now.

dickdenice said:
No Peter. Abdul's of this world should not run. If they start running it will be the victory of the unjust.

They should stand, even alone, so that we can stand beside him. Some of us should go against the flow. That's how the world was made as it is now.

No, I meant it literally. Run to the border and to a country where you will find sanctuary and a friendly place instead of standing outside the prison where he would undoubtedly be ripped from limb to limb by a thousand nut job idiots.

The thing is, there was a crowd numbered in the thousands gathered to protest his freedom in support of these barbaric practices.

Thousands of them. Gathered in one small area. Highly accurate, narrow radius missile anyone?

Peter Gazinya said:
Thousands of them. Gathered in one small area. Highly accurate, narrow radius missile anyone?

Yeah man, like thats gonna work:confused:

Careful - I wonder if you'd say the same thing about the serbs. Is it easy to say "go bomb colored people thousands of miles away."

Let me give you a tip, you just threw yourself in with the very people you show such disdain for.

Frankly other posters on this board are right - I heard a muslim guy on Bill Maher say the guy was let off with an insanity conviction at the behest of GWB. You cant solve a problem by forcing people to avoid it. THEY have to address it and take responsability for it themselves because that whole responsible, accountable, tolerant, pluralist self-government thing - isn't that our definition of how democracy works?

Yup - sure is!:thumbsup:

Peter Gazinya said:

True, what you said Peter. But what is the percentage of people was there out of the entire population? A few fanatic doesn't make a country.

In our part of the world there is a saying (loosely translated in to english) - "To find out a theif, entire village will be empty."

Each of us is/was unjust to some cause or person. Should you advocate killing all? Won't another bunch of fanatics take their places?

An ink drop is mightier than a bullet. It was and it will.

Last edited:
Glad I could stir the pot. Sometimes it's hard to indicate sarcasm with typed words. I think most of you know that I do not advocate zinging missiles into a crowd of protesters. I do feel sorry for them though. How miserable is your life when your most important life or death issue concerns what book some other guy reads in private? To even get riled up over someone's religious affiliation is a concept so foreign to me that it's unimaginable. I know, some of your are gonna say "Oh Mr. Gazinya, you're such a hypocrite - you just said we should kill all the Muslims with a missile". Well that's not what I'm saying. Worship Allah, God, Xenu, the Sun, or Eric Cartman all you want. Just leave it out of my life and quit calling for the beheading of those who don't share your religious outlook.

There are things in this world I don't understand. And the barbaric gathering of thousands demanding the death of some guy just because he was carrying a certain book is definitely one of them.

We're just not as evolved as some people think we are.

If we look at the animal kingdom, there's a one main reason why animals of the same species kill/attack eachother, power. This can be divided in several sub-reasons, which are (& I might miss a few).

1. The right to mate
2. Territory
3. Prevent other's offspring to reach adulthood

We humans have added a few sub-reasons, but it's still about power.

1. The right to mate (remember the Trojan wars?)
2. Territory (speaks for itself)
3. To kill other's offspring (don't think we still do that on purpose, but it might still happen subconsiensely (SP?))
4. Economical/financial power
5. religious power (although religion is often just used as an excuse)

As you can see, thanks to the fact that we've evolved a bit further than most animals, there are more things that are precious to us (I won't see a chimp fight over a lump of gold... I can however see two humans fight over it).

In general, we fight because we want to stay in (or get) power, just like any other animal & unless we become aware that we're acting like animals & want to change that, nothing will ever change, except maybe survival rate of the human being, since I've never seen a chimp fight with guns & nuclear weapons (another improvement that we could only have achieved because of evolution).

This case is no different. The religious leaders in Afghanistan see this man as a threat, because more people might follow his example (even though it is unlikely) & they'll lose their power base. The only option is to eliminate him.

Of course we all disagree with it, but we're not the people in power over there (in Afghanistan).

Peter Gazinya said:
I do feel sorry for them though. How miserable is your life when your most important life or death issue concerns what book some other guy reads in private? To even get riled up over someone's religious affiliation is a concept so foreign to me that it's unimaginable. I know, some of your are gonna say

I can see how you would feel that way and I acknowledge that you are not alone in your supposition. Yet, it saddens me that what most people in the US and Europe have yet to understand is that test-tube analysis (i.e. its all about religion) do not directly apply to real world politics. In other words, to say that americans are weary, scared, even a little spiteful and racist towards muslims solely on their faith would raise an outcry to the high heavens - but when we add 9/11 AHA!!!! Now we suddenly have to incorporate that event into our frame of reference which is directly and inevitably applied to our jus gentium The same works in reverse, christianity alone is not the issue but rather the association of christianity with legacies of imperial manifest destiny, even before the term was used. Before this man was ever put in prison, afghanis had a not so nice bout with missionaries after the war.... This covnert to christianity was symbolic of the erosion of their cultural identity at the hands of foreigners. This is a difficult concept for americans to comprehend as their is no historical legacy in america which binds the "imagined community" as some call it to one specific identity. The issue of identity politics is prevalent because many in the muslime world, like many germans and french today no doubt, fear that their culture is being overrun by the outside spreading panic. Culture's role in the community is far more important for civil society in the Islamic world at large than it is for America.

In Short - Abdul wasn't almost killed for being a christian - he was almost killed for being a symbol of everything the Afghanis fear and furthermore, for being perceived as a sellout to the west. Does that make it right -hell no but people have to figure that out on their own. You should here what the Iranians said about my lovely sig goddess angy in their newspapers whew!!! Yes the women in my sig is persian - Yeaowza!!!

Religion is the tool - not the trade...

Last edited:

om3ga

It's good to be the king...
Re: Conversion of Religion = Death?!

Nightfly said:
Just read this, please. I don't even want to comment on this situation at the moment - I'm too angry, frustrated, and confounded to comment with kindness about this zealotry.

"KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) -- Senior Muslim clerics are demanding that an Afghan man on trial for converting from Islam to Christianity be executed, warning that if the government caves in to Western pressure and frees him, they will incite people to 'pull him into pieces.'"

I don't care if the man converted to thinking Winnie the Pooh or the Smurfs are God... This is insanity that he's going to be put to death for changing his faith in a country where the USA has supposedly LIBERATED the people from intolerant sexual, religious, sexist, economic oppresssion by the Taliban.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/asiapcf/03/23/afghan.christian.ap/index.html

He's now been given asylum in Italy, btw (which has pi$$ed of Afghan MPs):

Afghan convert 'arrives in Italy'