• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Hurricanes, Monsoon Floods, Wildfires etc

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
What the fuck is going on with Mother Earth right now??? :dunno:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...ds-worst-in-a-decade/articleshow/60384123.cms

http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/07/us/hurricane-irma-florida-latest/index.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/06/us/wildfires-oregon-washington.html?mcubz=0

I pray for all the innocent people that are caught in the path of destruction of these catastrophic natural disaster events. So far, my prayers don't seem to be making much difference overall but, luckily, my family and friends have been spared from harm so I am extremely grateful for that....at least so far! :eek: :thumbsup: :eek:

Jagger69

When I lived in Fort Lauderdale, we always worried about "the big one". Well....

HurTrack2.gif

http://www.intellicast.com/Storm/Hurricane/Active.aspx?storm=2&type=track

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/08/the-strange-future-hurricane-harvey-portends/538557/

Earth is a system. It very dynamic. Choose any given time period, multiple events(human conflict, celestial, meteorological and geological) will occur at the same time. They will converge out of chance but also because they are part of the same system. The Earth is warming. People may still be debating how much its anthropogenic-caused. But its warming nevertheless. That means in humid areas like Florida, warmer weather(water) feeds more energy for tropical cyclone to occur. And Where its more arid, say California, there will be more droughts, heatwaves and brush fires. Because it is warming, natural phenomenon will be more intense and frequent everywhere. And since we Americans are so bad ass and occupy this massive landmass of various climate regimes, we will get double-triple-quadruple whammies of natural occurrences.

Jagger69

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/08/the-strange-future-hurricane-harvey-portends/538557/

Earth is a system. It very dynamic. Choose any given time period, multiple events(human conflict, celestial, meteorological and geological) will occur at the same time. They will converge out of chance but also because they are part of the same system. The Earth is warming. People may still be debating how much its anthropogenic-caused. But its warming nevertheless. That means in humid areas like Florida, warmer weather(water) feeds more energy for tropical cyclone to occur. And Where its more arid, say California, there will be more droughts, heatwaves and brush fires. Because it is warming, natural phenomenon will be more intense and frequent everywhere. And since we Americans are so bad ass and occupy this massive landmass of various climate regimes, we will get double-triple-quadruple whammies of natural occurrences.

Truth. Man's hubris in the face of Mother Nature's fury would be laughable if it weren't so tragic. That concept is better stated in this classic song form Blue Oyster Cult:

Live streaming hurricane updates here:

Jagger69

Sorry the live stream has been discontinued. :cry:

Irma is a dagger about to be plunged into the soft underbelly of the USA. Florida is extremely vulnerable to these storms. The population is largely concentrated on the coastline and the continental shelf that surrounds the state is very shalow for the most part. This could get real ugly. I fear greatly for my many wonderful family members and friends who are stranded on the peninsula tonight. Due to logistical reasons (gridlock traffic, lack of gasoline, lack of hotel rooms), tomorrow it will indeed be too late to escape Irma's wrath so I pray for the safe deliverance of all for whom I have concern. Please do not take this storm for granted.

I am hopeful that all of you can escape this somehow.

irma-forecast-track-02-abc-jef-170908_1_9x5_992.jpg

Jagger69

My God. My family and friends in the Tampa Bay area look like they are in the bullseye. I hope this thing spins out into the gulf but it doesn't appear to be likely at this point.

HurTrack2.gif

Just in case anyone else here gives a shit.

Jagger69

Irma is ready to strike the SW coast of Florida. There will be a lot of destruction in Naples and Marco Island. Fort Myers, Cape Coral and areas north along the coast will see a huge storm surge and very high winds....100 mph-plus.

HurTrack2.gif

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Any Chance there might be some correlation between the solar eclipse and magnetic fields being affected?

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I have watched a livestream about the weather issues in Florida earlier this day. It is hard to imagine to live through something like that, and all knowing:

This may happen again, and maybe even again something like next week.

Please take care, and stay safe

Jagger69

I have watched a livestream about the weather issues in Florida earlier this day. It is hard to imagine to live through something like that, and all knowing:

This may happen again, and maybe even again something like next week.

Please take care, and stay safe

Yeah it's been three consecutive weeks of this shit and let me tell you....it wears on you. I'll be so glad when hurricane season is over but there are two months left so well be sweating it out in the meantime. I have so many friends, family and associates in Florida that I can't even count them all. Some are staying, some have left but all are in my thoughts right now.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
You just want it to go away. Praying for our countrymen and women in Florida right now.

Petra

Cult Mother and Simpering Cunt
What the fuck is going on with Mother Earth right now??? :dunno:

Well, if we go with my mother's ultra right wing christian blog, it's dooms day.

And because it's all ending, there's no reason to bother trying to take care of the earth.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
So much for all those prachers telling their flock that "God gave Donald Trump to the USA"

Is this what his next steps in that plan were?

Petra might be onto something there!