• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Howard Stern

I prefer Mancow Muller.

Is he still on the radio? Is Stern? Is radio still an acceptable medium?

I had to look up Mancow Muller as i had never heard of him. After reading some, seems like the show was similar ? Howard is on satellite radio i believe for three more years when his contract is up. It's good you have something you can listen to and enjoy. At least we have the choice of changing stations if it's something we don't like,right ? Thanks for the reply !

He started something new...the problem is that he's old. Sometimes, the "greats" need to leave when it is time.

C'mon, he's still great ! I believe in 3 years his contract is up so he very well could be gone. A sad day for all his fans if that happens ! Thanks for replying !

Mancow Muller started his schtick in California then migrated to Chicago where he had his best run at the King of All Media. And for a brief time, he had similar Arbitron ratings when his radio show was syndicated in many markets that competed with Howard. I enjoyed listening to both radio shows and I still listen to Howard on Satellite radio. I also remember watching The Howard Stern TV Show on Saturday nights before he went to the E-Channel.

I luv him but he was a lot more entertaining in the 90s and when he first started with sirius. These days he spends too much time talking about extremely boring subjects, but his interviews are still good.

Like his interviews a lot. The show in general...........sometimes i just laugh my ass off with the stuff they do. And the regular callers like Eric the actor, Debbie the pet lady, etc. doing their thing. Yea, nice. Thanks for replying !

Lacey Black

Official Checked Star Member
Like his interviews a lot. The show in general...........sometimes i just laugh my ass off with the stuff they do. And the regular callers like Eric the actor, Debbie the pet lady, etc. doing their thing. Yea, nice. Thanks for replying !

His interviews are the best because he asks the most off the wall questions. And the show is great when he does his contests and stuff but omg... when eric the actor calls in i have to change the channel so i don't fall asleep driving.

Howard was much better in the 90's and early in the 2000's.

I wish Howard could get that spark back now.

I liked Howard best in the 80's and early 90's.
I've always listened to Imus. I don't think he is better than Stern, I just like him.

I listened to O&A in the late 90's and thought for that period they were the best.

I liked him when he used to be funny. After Jackie Martling left I lost interest.

Thank you for posting the clips. I can't wait to check them out. Also, i'm not sure but do you think that was a good career move for Jackie ? He might be on Howard 101 doing his own thing, not positive about that though.

Mancow Muller started his schtick in California then migrated to Chicago where he had his best run at the King of All Media. And for a brief time, he had similar Arbitron ratings when his radio show was syndicated in many markets that competed with Howard. I enjoyed listening to both radio shows and I still listen to Howard on Satellite radio. I also remember watching The Howard Stern TV Show on Saturday nights before he went to the E-Channel.

Thanks for replying. I remember Howard on the E channel. I remember a vaguely a pay per view where skits of all kinds took place. Used to have it on VHS tape so that 's going back a few years. Unfortunately, i wasn't familiar with Mancow Muller.

Last edited:
His interviews are the best because he asks the most off the wall questions. And the show is great when he does his contests and stuff but omg... when eric the actor calls in i have to change the channel so i don't fall asleep driving.

Sometimes Eric's calls can be funny though with how they use him with sound bytes and quotes from him. And you are right about his interviews. He also asks direct questions getting to the point. Thanks again for replying Lacey !

Well, I haven't heard Jackie's name mentioned many times since he parted from the show. Guess I'd answer "no". Enjoy those clips. They're real classics.

Thank you for replying and those clips will be enjoyed for sure ! Around holidays they will play old Howard Stern shows on Howard 100 satellite when Jackie was still there. I loved Artie Lange when he was on too !

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Fred and Robin said they would not work with Jackie again. So, he's never coming back.

Jackie was low balled. Still not sure if he should have left the show.

Too bad Jackie didn't have a prenup with his wife.
She was a golddigger.

bahodeme

Closed Account
Showing my age. Whenever there is a discussion or I see him, I think about him calling Air Florida while he was a DJ in the DC area (DC101). He posed the question to the company when was the next flight to the 14th Bridge. After that he was fired.

Last edited:

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
The Jackie days were the best and when he left it was never the same. Artie was good but could never replace Jackie. In one of Stern's books he said "Jackie was much more important to the show than anyone gave him credit for. Also, Jackie thought he was more important to the show than really was." No one saw that Jackie would feed Howard stuff on paper during the show for him to use and that was his main job, make Howard funny. I blame Jackie's stupid wife for fucking up that situation.

Stern, Robin, and Fred ran out of funny after Jackie left. They started to rely upon High Pitch Eric, and Sal The Stock Broker and Benji for content and the show turned to shit. Let's not forget the loss of Billy West. Those 5 together for those few years was the best radio ever.

so.. you're a fan and know nothing about him personally? did you even read private parts? i have a feeling you're late to the party.

It's funny, at first i wasn't familiar and didn't listen much but people i worked with enjoyed Howard and that's when i started to become a fan. Maybev very late 90's/early 2000's. I honestly can't remember when. I also don't remember reading the book but think i have it somewhere. Better late than never ! Thanks for replying.

Showing my age. Whenever there is a discussion or I see him, I think about him calling Air Florida while he was a DJ in the DC area (DC101). He posed the question to the company when was the next flight to the 14th Bridge. After that he was fired.

Thank you for replying and the info. On occasion The History of Howard Stern is played on his station and is done in parts of which it makes up the entire week. I've been able to catch some things but never able to hear all of it. I appreciate everyone's contributions to this post as i am learning myself more and more !