• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

How the heck would you answer this?!?!?!?

Do you believe you are too honest to steal?

• YES

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • NO

Votes: 13 59.1%

• Total voters

Kingfisher

Here Zombie, Zombie, Zombie...
I believe it depends on the situation. Let's say it's a life or death situation. You need to steal that guys
truck to get out of town and he's dead on the road next to it.
It's still technically stealing, but he's not going to use it anymore, so no big deal right?
If the situation arises, everyone will steal to self-preserve.

xfire

New Twitter/X @cxffreeman
If you put the question in the context of an interview rather than a yes or no on a questionnaire the dynamics change quite dramatically.

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
It's like the question NBA Commish David Stern asked Jim Rome. Stern asked it to make a point. "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?"

It is a no-win answer.

I hate these questionnaires because there is no room for explanation. The scan sheet is tabulated, you are labeled a certain way, and then they determine if you fit the profile of the people they want working for them. don't fit the profile? Good luck finding a job in Corporate America.

The more affluent you are, the more likely you are the cheat a bit.

Am I missing something? Where does that question have any sort of reference to thinking about stealing?

It asks if you believe you are too honest to steal. If you say "yes" then it means that you believe you are too honest to steal. That's it. There is nothing about that question, when answered "yes," that would lead anyone to assume you have "thought about stealing."

It's a dumb question, but it's straightforward.

PirateKing

█▀█▀█ █ &#9608
I hate jobs with applications or interviews. I should have just become a hit man or marine biologist.

Yeah....

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Those are stupid questions. It shows you how paranoid the people are you are looking to work for.

Just put N/A for the answer.

I hate jobs with applications or interviews. I should have just become a hit man or marine biologist.

Yeah....

Jobs with employers are the worst.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
You should have put in your OP that this is an online application.

Unless this corporate job is hiring you as a detective or something, I'd suggest simply answering it the way they want it answered. You know the type of person they're looking for. Someone perfect for the job. Answer certain questions the way they want to hear it, but also answer them honestly. Employers don't want bullshitters, but they also want someone right for the job. It might also be an electronic type of questionnaire. At the job I currently work at, there was a questionnaire during the interview process that was one of those "Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree" types. I answered a lot of "agrees and disagrees" instead of "strongly" so the first time I took it, I failed. The computer decided if we were right for the company, not the person doing the interview. So they told me that's why I failed, and let me retake the questionnaire so that I could get the job.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
I can't say I would never steal........that's just not likely.

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
These questionnaires are just a set of questions set to some algorithm score prepared by some company to sell to employers. All you have to do is be consistent with your answers. Any person can beat them by lying. Just pretend you are the most honest upstanding citizen on the planet and you are a winner. Here is a question on one of these we had at my job:

If you needed to use a pen and found one laying down with no one around, would you
1. Take it.
2. Ask a manager.
3. Take it and return it later.
4. Some other fucking answer that I can't remember.

The correct answer was to ask a manager. As stupid as it sounds, that's what they want to hear. Can you possibly imagine this happening at your job? Go find the boss to hunt down who's Bic this is. The test is totally useless but some suits in HR were sold this line of shit. Easy to reject applications saying that they are avoiding potential problems. Just a way of having to do less background checks. Trust me, I have been in the hiring and firing business for many years.

BobJustBob.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
These questionnaires are just a set of questions set to some algorithm score prepared by some company to sell to employers. All you have to do is be consistent with your answers. Any person can beat them by lying. Just pretend you are the most honest upstanding citizen on the planet and you are a winner. Here is a question on one of these we had at my job:

If you needed to use a pen and found one laying down with no one around, would you
1. Take it.
2. Ask a manager.
3. Take it and return it later.
4. Some other fucking answer that I can't remember.

The correct answer was to ask a manager. As stupid as it sounds, that's what they want to hear. Can you possibly imagine this happening at your job? Go find the boss to hunt down who's Bic this is. The test is totally useless but some suits in HR were sold this line of shit. Easy to reject applications saying that they are avoiding potential problems. Just a way of having to do less background checks. Trust me, I have been in the hiring and firing business for many years.

BobJustBob.

Exactly.

The person conducting the questionnaire, or in this case the employer, isn't individually going through every questionnaire and pondering whether you would be right for the job. These questions have a set of answers that they deem correct. They're not judging your answers and figuring out what type of person you are. They're matching up your answers with an answer sheet.

Don't over analyze these things. Answer them the way you think a perfect, pure, pristine, goody-two-shoes boss wants them to be answered. They can get to know the real you after you're hired.

How often do you think people are truly honest when they fill out these types of applications? I usually try to be, but honesty is not key in these things, unfortunately. They don't want an honest person, they want a perfect person. For instance, on the questionnaire I mentioned in my previous post, it was about customer service. There were questions like, "A customer complains that his food was not prepared properly, but he waited to complain until after he finished eating it. You should apologize and comp his meal." And the options were "Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, and Strongly Disagree." I think I put "Agree." But if I answered that question truthfully, I would have put "Strongly Disagree." Because a situation like that really is a bunch of bullshit, and I've dealt with so many situations like that, that I've lost count. They shouldn't be allowed a free meal if they already ate the entire thing before complaining. Many times, there was absolutely nothing wrong with the meal, but they complained just to get it for free. I've caught customers doing this red handed. But there's nothing you can do about it.

So again, these people aren't judging your personality based on your answers. They are looking for the right answers, whether they're honest answers or not.

A while back I went through the checkout at the grocery store and forgot about the rolls of toilet paper under my cart. I didn't notice until I was at my vehicle in the parking lot. Suckers!!

Last edited:

Rey C.

Racing is life... anything else is just waiting.
The thing is, is even if it is yes, someone (IE myself because I studied law enforcement and was loss prevention for a little bit) would turn around and say so you HAVE thought about stealing and could use that question to build on. It's a lose lose question.

But the question you posed was: "Do you believe you are too honest to steal?" - not "Have you ever thought about stealing?" Those are totally different questions. One could think about stealing, but because they see themselves as too honest to steal, the thought would be dismissed. Unless you have some personal self doubts, there is nothing to build on.

To get a lower level security clearance for a military contractor I was doing work for several years ago, I had to answer some questions like this and take a psych test. I don't remember exactly how long the questionnaire was, but it was several pages, and the test was done over several days (to make it harder for respondents to remember previous answers or "game" the results). The same question (or rather, the same type of question) was asked over & over. What they're trying to get at with these sorts of tests are your true feelings (about yourself) and your nature. So if you believe that you are too honest to steal, it is less likely that you will steal. But if you don't think you're too honest to steal, then it is more likely that You Might steal, sell secrets to competitors, spy for money or whatever. It's about probabilities.

BTW, I just noticed their posts: Bob and Harley get it. :thumbsup:

I would say NO

1) Only a real honest person would say "No". All liars would say "YES"
2) Saying NO means you know you're not Mr. Perfect. And it can say "Yeah, I happen to steal but I'm honest enough to admit it" or "I've never stole anything but I'm not over self-confident enough to think I would never do it"

:dito: