• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

how many outdoorsmen are there here

Yes I imagine.
Im kinda poor now but Im a traveling man at heart and if I ever had some good money I would love to travel the world and do all kinds of outdoor stuff.

I too am an Outdoorsman.... I enjoy the odd bit of hunting, I love my fishing and Jetski almost every weekend.... I used to do a fair bit sailing but leave that for when I take vacations to places like Vanuatu. There is nothing better then letting the wind push you over the water and having nothing but the sound of birds and the occasional wave slapping against the hull of the Catermaran.... Its Bliss!!!:thumbsup:

4G63

Closed Account
qweretyuiopas@ said:
Im not an outdoorsman cause I live in the city, but I think if I had the chance to go camping or hiking or something I think I would like it.

The city is more expansive and has many hiding places. To hike through a large city takes more cajones than a forest IMO. You will see more and experience humanity much more in the urban jungle. Living off the land is easy and fun in a forest preserve, try living off the streets and fighting tooth and nail for survival.

I like the outdoors. But to prove yourself, try living one day off the land in LA, New York, or Chicago. Nature is beautiful and serene, humanity is red in tooth and claw. Urban warfare is the most intense.

For those who think living on the frontier with a rifle is survival. Live in The City with NO gun. That's survival. And it's natural for some children. That's why I think the gluttony of hunting with guns is a sin against man. While men hunt animal with artfully produced weapons, poor children are forced to grow-up scared to death of guns, in an environment that has no analogue to the "American Dream". Children who are given the right to bear arms, but who are brought up knowing arms only as a way to suppress others.

America is great; but by producing guns in such numbers, it has stunted our youth, made them unpredictable and trigger happy, I give you your President.

I am against guns, and all that they stand for. Take up your grievances like men, like humans. Do not take judgment in your own hands and cut down life with a controlled explosion.

I ride my mountain bike so that's pretty much it, aside from the scattered camping trips whcih are generally planned for mountain bikin... three summers ago I spent a week and a half camping and biking around Moab...

4G63 said:
in an environment that has no analogue to the "American Dream".

Did you ever consider that this might be the problem, not some inanimate object? Maybe people end up like they do because they have to grow up with retched lives in conditions so bad that some of them get desperate or where they have to look out for themselves so much to survive they can never develop empathy with their fellow man. Somehow I doubt that if everybody was taken care of and had a chance to live a decent life some object would magically corrupt their mind like it was some super villain’s mind control ray. You seem to be mad about a symptom and not the problem. Except even saying that isn't correct either because it isn't even a symptom, it's a tool used by that symptom caused by the problem. Little would change since the world was just as bad before guns were around, and people had the same problems maybe even worse than they do now. At least now there is some places in the world that care a little bit about human life, something that can't be said for any other period in our history. Even the president, I would wager, is a product of his idiotic rich politically affluent family, America's rich and elite culture that he was brought up into, and his own take on religion. Guns probably had nothing to do with it compared to factors like that. In any event now less people have knowledge of them than any other point in our history. At one point it was probably next to unheard of for most people not to be familiar with them or their use in this country, at least most males that is. There didn't seem to be the great corruption of youth by them then. Maybe instead of saying people are scared of death of guns, you should say people are scared to death of the evil in man that their miserable lives has caused to fester. For people that don't like them, they are fine by me, I totally support that right, as long as they never ever try to take them away from me. If anybody feels the need to let themselves become a victim, well that is their choice to make about their life, and they can do that if they want, it’s fine by me.

Last edited:
4G63 said:
I like the outdoors. But to prove yourself, try living one day off the land in LA, New York, or Chicago. Nature is beautiful and serene, humanity is red in tooth and claw. Urban warfare is the most intense.

I appreciate where you are coming from and bringing that perspective. what you say is true, but don't get get so down about it. I know people that live in the streets of the places you name. certainly survival is something that most take for granted and there are those situations you said. I know a guy that had to cross through the bad side of chi town in the middle of the night, he felt like he was going to get shot and he slept in a lot underneath a peice of carpetting and tires, but he made it out alive and unscathed the next day. same thing goes for rural arkansas and places down south. but just like that story there's a hundred other ones where people in that same situation got together to help each other out and make it work. So no, I'd say that a gun is not what you need, you need a quick head and a good heart to keep you alive.

sorry about that tangent, on to the subject at hand. I don't really know what you mean by "outdoors" person. I enjoy hiking and camping very much, they are my favorite things to do. I don't see the correlation between that and shooting. if you like nature why shoot bullets into it? I just don't see the need to be destructive. there's nothing at all wrong with shooting, I enjoy that as well- but that's what shooting ranges are for.

Last edited:
glk35 said:
this isnt a thread for those who want to ban the killing of animals if you want to you can say so in the hunting thread lets try and keep this on peaceful.

Im sorry if my post was unclear but i just wanna say that i have nothing against hunting.

4G63 said:
The city is more expansive and has many hiding places. To hike through a large city takes more cajones than a forest IMO. You will see more and experience humanity much more in the urban jungle. Living off the land is easy and fun in a forest preserve, try living off the streets and fighting tooth and nail for survival.

For those who think living on the frontier with a rifle is survival. Live in The City with NO gun. That's survival. And it's natural for some children. That's why I think the gluttony of hunting with guns is a sin against man. While men hunt animal with artfully produced weapons, poor children are forced to grow-up scared to death of guns, in an environment that has no analogue to the "American Dream". Children who are given the right to bear arms, but who are brought up knowing arms only as a way to suppress others.

America is great; but by producing guns in such numbers, it has stunted our youth, made them unpredictable and trigger happy, I give you your President.

I am against guns, and all that they stand for. Take up your grievances like men, like humans. Do not take judgment in your own hands and cut down life with a controlled explosion.

I live in Detroit, I think thats a good enough example I dont need NY Chicago or LA. I have walked around the city a bit 2, Im just sayin I would enjoy a hike in wilderness or whatever as well

calpoon said:
I don't see the correlation between that and shooting. if you like nature why shoot bullets into it? I just don't see the need to be destructive. there's nothing at all wrong with shooting, I enjoy that as well- but that's what shooting ranges are for.

yup but where do you think that most ranges are? outdoors.:wave:

I don't hunt because it's boring to me and too much involved to tricking a deer or other animal. But I love to go fishing.

4G63

Closed Account
D-rock said:
Maybe instead of saying people are scared of death of guns, you should say people are scared to death of the evil in man that their miserable lives has caused to fester.

Guns in the hands of people is what scares me. People who have grown up with nothing and have lost everything, not evil, but desperate, irrational. All they have to to is pull a trigger. Sure if you are armed or in your home, you can shoot first. Puts an end to arguments. Life is hard, work is hard, life is work. Nothing should be as easy as pulling a trigger and ending a life.

4G63 said:
Guns in the hands of people is what scares me. People who have grown up with nothing and have lost everything, not evil, but desperate, irrational. All they have to to is pull a trigger. Sure if you are armed or in your home, you can shoot first. Puts an end to arguments. Life is hard, work is hard, life is work. Nothing should be as easy as pulling a trigger and ending a life.

here is some of the fun you can have with guns this is a skill that takes thousands of rounds of practice nobody just picks up a gun and starts blasting. I agree life is hard for plenty of people but its not the guns fault. these videos are of experienced shooters on a closed and monitored range with very strict rules, if you go to draw and drop your gun you go home if you go to draw and take aim and let one go before you aquire your target you go home. this is very safe "GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE HUSBANDS THAT COME HOME EARLY DO" :wave2:

http://www.cpwsa.com/match_video.htm

glk35 said:
yup but where do you think that most ranges are? outdoors.:wave:

I don't know if that is neccesarily true. even so, the question still remains. an outdoor shooting range is outside, yes, but so is a baseball field, amphitheater, etc. virtually any structure can be "outdoors". So by Outdoors is it meant anything that is not inside a building? I got the impression that it was referring to wilderness/ unstructured environment. get what I'm sayin?

calpoon said:
I don't know if that is neccesarily true. even so, the question still remains. an outdoor shooting range is outside, yes, but so is a baseball field, amphitheater, etc. virtually any structure can be "outdoors". So by Outdoors is it meant anything that is not inside a building? I got the impression that it was referring to wilderness/ unstructured environment. get what I'm sayin?

yeah i get what you are saying.. well the 4 main ranges i shoot at are out in the country with all sorts of land around, so we arent shooting tons of rounds around people. however i go to 1 inside range but that isnt nearly as fun, just bulleye stuff there skill required yes but you cant draw and have multiple targets.
plus its hard to shoot rifles 300-1000 yards in a small area.

Last edited:
I am all for a cool evening by a river and a fire! For me, both of these are a necesity!!! I would rather fish than hunt, but I am all for the outdoors! Fly fish and back pack even all the better!!!

chalet0005 said:
I am all for a cool evening by a river and a fire! For me, both of these are a necesity!!! I would rather fish than hunt, but I am all for the outdoors! Fly fish and back pack even all the better!!!

fly fishing is a real challenge, i got into tieing flies that was fun but i still like a spinning rig.

I live in a part of the world where we can still hunt, I also do fly fishing on shore and off shore, I do the big game fishing like for marlin, sailfish and tuna, I am a member of the international tag and release association on big game fish. So preservation of game and fish is number one on my list, I have been involved with a program of shooting big game like rhino and elephants with tranquilizers so not to kill, the hunters get there photo’s taken with the animal and the measurements as well, then the game vetenerian takes samples of blood, the animal is tagged and so data and stats can be recorded. It is a win win situation for both the hunter and the animal. The animal is revived and is free to roam again. The data that’s recorded is then handed to a taxidermist and the trophy hunter gets his trophy made for him out of fiberglass if he wants one.
Guns do not kill people. People kill people.

4G63

Closed Account
glk35 said:
here is some of the fun you can have with guns this is a skill that takes thousands of rounds of practice nobody just picks up a gun and starts blasting. I agree life is hard for plenty of people but its not the guns fault. these videos are of experienced shooters on a closed and monitored range with very strict rules, if you go to draw and drop your gun you go home if you go to draw and take aim and let one go before you acquire your target you go home. this is very safe "GUNS DONT KILL PEOPLE HUSBANDS THAT COME HOME EARLY DO" :wave2:

http://www.cpwsa.com/match_video.htm

Your honing your skills to reflex. Point and kill should not be reflex.

I do realize it's your hobby and you love it and I don't want to take it away. But guns do kill and if you train yourself to shoot on reflex, one day You Might shoot something or someone; by accident, in defense, in anger.

I'm just saying, I was a soldier. I used rifles and hand guns for their designed purpose. I hope you and D-rock are never forced to use your weapons the way I used mine. Even if it's your life on the line, killing another human being with a gun is a horrible feeling. I want you to put down your guns, but not at the cost of a life.

What I like about outdoors, is areas un-touched by man, so I can see the geology of Earth. The one good thing about being a Soldier was seeing the mountains of Afghanistan. I would have liked to hiked through in peace.