• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

How can the New Orleans Saints genuinely call themselves world champions?

ed007

Banned
That’s like Manchester United, the current premier league champions,
calling themselves world champions when they haven't played against
any team outside England to win the title. The world football champions
will be crowned in the few months time in South Africa where teams from
all over the world will play each for the right to genuinely call themselves
the world Champions.

Is it just me or do some Americans think planet earth starts and ends in America? :dunno:

Because American king of the world. I mean, come on, get with the program here...

Until the rest of the world puts together a football team, or league for that matter, the Super Bowl winner is the World Champion.

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
The Saints play American football. The NFL is the highest professional American football league in the world.

Hence, they are the world champions of American football.

Until the rest of the world puts together a football team, or league for that matter, the Super Bowl winner is the World Champion.
Exactly! Splitting hairs much?

That’s like Manchester United, the current premier league champions,
calling themselves world champions when they haven't played against
any team outside England to win the title. The world football champions
will be crowned in the few months time in South Africa where teams from
all over the world will play each for the right to genuinely call themselves
the world Champions.

Is it just me or do some Americans think planet earth starts and ends in America? :dunno:

I think it has to do with the fact that most of the world does give a shit.

If American football were more popular outside the US (I'm aware that there are teams in other countries, but they're simply not good enough to be a threat to US teams, mostly because most good players wouldn't dream of actually playing that game (they've got better/other things to do). Compare it to the US & soccer. I'm convinced there are 1000's of good players in the US & some of them might be on par with Brazilian/Argentinian players, but they wouldn't join a soccer team even if their lives depended on it.) this team probably wouldn't dare to make such a statement, since they'd lose face in South Africa if they didn't win, but the chances they won't win are so small it's safe to make that statement now.

The Dutch could safely say they're the world champions of korfball after beating the Belgians, even though there are probably lots of national teams, but they're simply not good enough to be a threat to the Dutch & Belgians.

Are you saying the Scottish Claymores, Frankfort Galaxy or Barcelona Dragons would beat the Saints?

:dunno:

Can a bunch of college boys beat the invincible Soviet team in an Olympic hockey final?
Can Man Utd. score two goals in extratime in a Champions League final?
Can the Irish win a World Cup cricket match against Pakistan?

ed007

Banned
All roads and waterways do lead to America.

Just ask a Mexican, Cuban, Puerto Rican, and so on.

What about the rest of the world, Will? What about that country that bank rolls America. I think it's called China. :1orglaugh

PlasmaTwa2

Can a bunch of college boys beat the invincible Soviet team in an Olympic hockey semifinal?
Can Man Utd. score two goals in extratime in a Champions League final?
Can the Irish win a World Cup cricket match against Pakistan?

...Yes?

Did... Did I win?

ed007

Banned

I think the rest of the world should do just that.
Put together one team of its best players to compete in the NFL.
I think within 5-10 years we'd kick your American :booty:

I'm Canadian. And if you're going to put the rest of the worlds best players on one team, it would only be fair to put America's best players on one team. I know who my money would be on.

PlasmaTwa2

Technically, we kind of did that in 1961. I mean, we beat the Bills, and we lost three other games... But yeah. We won one.

More than you can say, Australia. "Oooo, I'm Australia. We have a really stupid game called football where we play on a circular field and hump each other."

There is a country vs country American football league. I'm pretty sure Japan has been the champ for a few years now.

ed007

Banned
I'm Canadian. And if you're going to put the rest of the worlds best players on one team, it would only be fair to put America's best players on one team. I know who my money would be on.

I see your point but if America considers itself to be the world then why can't the rest of us compete as one nation against their current teams? :dunno: