• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

House GOP Blocking Abortion Access for Raped Soldiers

How on earth are you drawing this conclusion? Again, your side completely disregards the womans feelings to propel your own dogma. I love how people (like you) use broadband philosophy to put everyone into the same profile. It's up to the woman herself to decide what's best for her and to decide what psychological risks to take in the attempt. It certainly isn't up to you.

Its certainly not up to the human life being extinguished, that's for sure. What is an abortion going to do to reconcile, or ease the situation, other than taking an unborn human life? Does it somehow make her feel better about being raped? Compounding the situation by taking a human life wouldn't put any more of a burden on her plate? She was raped, and now she's voluntarily electing to kill a human being? How is killing a baby "what's best" in any situation?

It shouldn't be anyone's choice to kill a baby. You claim Constitutionalism, yet proudly and vehemently deny the unborn the protection of the 14th Amendment. But according to you, siding with life is nothing more than right-wing, brainwashed dogma. Shocker.

Mayhem

Banned
You claim Constitutionalism

Roe v. Wade is the law of the land.

As far as I'm concerned a human life is not viable until it can recognize suffering. What you're wringing your hands about is smaller than a lady bug and has zero comprehension about anything. The needs of the mother comes first and it is up to her, not her priest, not her congressman, not the President to decide what those needs are.

You Cons really crack me up with your fake concern about human life. Iraq, Afganistan, the Sudan, Somalia, Bosnia of the '90s. I don't hear anything about the preservation of human life in these regards. But show you something that you can only see through a microscope and you just lose your collective minds.

This isn't about the sanctity of human life. This is about keeping women under your control, just like the good ol' days.

Roe v. Wade is not law, its precedent. There's a difference. Even if it were law, Jim Crow was law for a period of time in the United States, was that a good idea simply because it was government sponsored?

As far as I'm concerned a human life is not viable until it can recognize suffering. What you're wringing your hands about is smaller than a lady bug and has zero comprehension about anything. The needs of the mother comes first and it is up to her, not her priest, not her congressman, not the President to decide what those needs are.

I'm glad you have opinions, that's super. But science seems to disagree with you:
“Human embryos, whether they are formed by fertilization (natural or in vitro) or by successful somatic-cell nuclear transfer (SCNT — i.e., cloning), do have the internal resources and active disposition to develop themselves to the mature stage of a human organism, requiring only a suitable environment and nutrition. In fact, scientists distinguish embryos from other cells or clusters of cells precisely by their self-directed, integral functioning — their organismal behavior. Thus, human embryos are what the embryology textbooks say they are, namely, human organisms living individuals of the human species — at the earliest developmental stage.

You Cons really crack me up with your fake concern about human life. Iraq, Afganistan, the Sudan, Somalia, Bosnia of the '90s. I don't hear anything about the preservation of human life in these regards. But show you something that you can only see through a microscope and you just lose your collective minds.

As far as Iraq and Afghanistan go, military service is completely voluntary. There hasn't been a selective service draft in this country in nearly 40 years. And as far as Sudan, Bosnia, etc... if we were to have intervened, you would have simply berated the right for policing the world. Its a no win situation with the left, your smuggery and condescension remove the potential for rational debate.

This isn't about the sanctity of human life. This is about keeping women under your control, just like the good ol' days.

Speaking of dogma...

*Go ahead and have the last word. Its a policy I have of not arguing too much with condescending know-it-alls on a Friday.

Mayhem

Banned
As far as Iraq and Afghanistan go, military service is completely voluntary. There hasn't been a selective service draft in this country in nearly 40 years. And as far as Sudan, Bosnia, etc... if we were to have intervened, you would have simply berated the right for policing the world. Its a no win situation with the left, your smuggery and condescension remove the potential for rational debate.

I screamed to the high heavens that we should deploy the entire 101st Airborne, Marine Expeditionary Force and however many carriers we needed to combat the evil in Bosnia. So swing and a miss. I also feel the same way about Sudan and have the entire time. Strike two. And I have no idea where "voluntary service" falls into this debate. Not a strike, but nice job fouling it off.

Back to the point at hand. The military has been woefully inadequate in protecting females in uniform. It is up to the military and the government to use all means available, including the avenue of abortion to help these soldiers, etc. when these obscene acts are committed. Are you finding that smug or are you just quitting the field of battle in the face of inevitable defeat?

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
They do "support our troops," by fighting Dems tooth and nail for larger defense budgets. No one is forcing the woman to give birth to the baby, they are simply saying that the federal government is not going to subsidize abortions, under any condition.

But I'm missing your point, I suppose. "Make abortions, not war," right?
As Mayhem said, both sides are reducing defense budgets.
But reducing defense budgets doesn't necessarily mean a better military; larger military budgets are approved by politicians because they then get cash from the arms companies.
Just remember; a larger defense budget is useless when it is merely a gift to corrupt corporations that don't give a shit about producing a good quality military product, but only producing a profit (this point also goes for health and education services.

Another point is that the quality of life for the child should be good; lets say a young, poor single woman gets raped, the child will grow up with no father, a permanently tired mother who hasn't got the time, resources (cash) or experience (age)to give the child a good life.
Surely under those circumstances it is better for the child's happiness to abort it; no life is surely better than a miserable life. And guess what? Capitalism guarantees that the children of the poor will have miserable lives.