• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Has McCain thrown in the towel on the race?

John McCain just announced he is suspending his campaign! He's asked out of the upcoming Friday debate on the economy to focus on the financial crisis and all the bailout talk happening in Washington.

How can this be seen as anything other than a political candidate "quitting" on himself and shamelessly trying to avoid "heat"? I guess McCain asked Obama for help in solving the crisis and to "put politics aside..":rolleyes:

Good GRIEF! WHat is he thinking? Is this what he will do as president? Walk away when the going gets tough?

How can this move be seen as anything other than a political calculation of COWARDICE!!!

President Obama, light up that Red Auerbach Victory Cigar....you have won the election today...:bowdown:

Click on any of the main websites..they all have a screaming headline..check out this one right now!
http://www.cnn.com/

Wow...this guy really is weird...I think with that last poll where Barry was nine points ahead of him, the maverick is trying to put Obama on the spot and look good in the publics eye. That is not going to happen.

Poor Palin must get a huge disappointment.

I don't think that McCain quits that easily and in a very lousy way. They may have a surprise stuff. After Palin joined McCain, it became a "no easy way out" race. ;)

What can McCain do ,isn't he the one who said the economy is not his strong point.He is scared to death of being on a stage next to Obama IMO.

Wait there's more to what that CNN website is not telling everyone.

By BETH FOUHY, Associated Press Writer
1 minute ago

NEW YORK - Republican John McCain said Wednesday he wants to delay Friday's debate with Democratic rival Barack Obama and temporarily put aside their partisan campaign to resolve the nation's financial crisis.

ADVERTISEMENT

McCain's announcement came after the two candidates held private talks about joining forces to address the Wall Street meltdown. The Obama campaign said the Democrat initiated the talks, but McCain beat Obama to the punch with the first public statement calling for the two to rise above politics in a time of crisis.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080924/ap_on_el_pr/mccain

I think Obama will do the same upon reading this...

Just to make him look like he's super involved, Don't forget he only a month ago claimed the economy was fine. Another goofy manuveur. He has very little to do with the outcome anyway and it gets him out of the debate.

Frankly...the less McCain says about the economy..the better. He was very Herbert Hoover-ish when he said "The fundamentals of the economy are strong" as Wall Street burned up...then he strangely tried a Marxist metaphor of renaming the American Worker as "the fundamentals" and calling them strong...than he said No Bailout is needed. Then he said "Oops. Yes we need this now."

National Polls are coming back that he's between 7 and 10 points behind...he's "silenced" and "hidden" 2 of his prominent economic team--Carly Fiorina and Phil Gramm...whereas Obama is able to trot out 5 respected Financial Policy Advisors/Clinton Holdovers...

I know McCain was destined to take a beating this Friday night...but hey, soldier, maybe you can earn trust and respect by "smothering a grenade" Friday Night and taking the brunt of frustration and criticism for the entire Republican Party...

Quitting his campaign on the eve of the debate...yikes....how can he do that and still be a viable candidate?

Will McCain dump Sarah Palin and replace her with Mitt Romney when he feels he has the courage to restart his campaign?

He's losing major traction in the polls now...any "gender" play that the Palin selection may have aided McCain is long gone now...

Frankly...the less McCain says about the economy..the better. He was very Herbert Hoover-ish when he said "The fundamentals of the economy are strong" as Wall Street burned up...then he strangely tried a Marxist metaphor of renaming the American Worker as "the fundamentals" and calling them strong...than he said No Bailout is needed. Then he said "Oops. Yes we need this now."

National Polls are coming back that he's between 7 and 10 points behind...he's "silenced" and "hidden" 2 of his prominent economic team--Carly Fiorina and Phil Gramm...whereas Obama is able to trot out 5 respected Financial Policy Advisors/Clinton Holdovers...

I know McCain was destined to take a beating this Friday night...but hey, soldier, maybe you can earn trust and respect by "smothering a grenade" Friday Night and taking the brunt of frustration and criticism for the entire Republican Party...

Quitting his campaign on the eve of the debate...yikes....how can he do that and still be a viable candidate?

Hold on to your party hats now, it does not say that he's quiting, it does say in that other report that him and Obama where talking about this. How was Obama going to beat him on Friday? Yesterday he went back on about three of his economic promises, but of course you are not going to hear about that.
The Obama cultist you all go crazy and quickly declare victory on anything bad that happens to this country. This shit is some serious shit that in my generation I have not seen and probably a lot of you younger ones. If this deal goes bad I think our democracy is very much in danger and I do believe that Barrack is above petty stuff and he's going to try to do something about it now. One thing for sure that whoever gets to be the president, good luck with that farewell gift that W is leaving behind.

Just imagine if there was no Iraq funnel to drop trillions of dollars through, this wouldn't be a third as bad. The economy has been building up to this for a few years now. Hey just check some older FO's threads on the subject! I got it long ago, how did McCain just happen to get it last week?

What cult is that?

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
"I am calling on the president to convene a meeting with the leadership from both houses of Congress, including Senator Obama and myself," McCain told reporters in New York. "It is time for both parties to come together to solve this problem."

:wtf:

How can you spend months and months and months doing nothing but bashing your opposing political party and then, pretty much out of nowhere, want to call a truce? What a pussy move, IMO.

Fuck him. He is exactly the kind of person we don't need to be running our country.

Republican presidential candidate John McCain announced Wednesday that he is suspending his campaign to return to Washington and focus on the "historic" crisis facing the U.S. economy.

"President McCain, sir...there has been a terrorist attack at the Washington Monument. Over 3,000 people were killed, another 500 were injured and the terrorists are threatening a follow-up attack if their demands aren't met. What do you want to do, Mr. President?"
"Well...I'm going to go finish steam cleaning the carpet in the Lincoln Bedroom. Cindy spilled some hot chocolate on it and it's going to stain. The stain is a problem that has to be handled immediately, or it's going to set in, but this terrorist thing-a-ma-jig can wait."

A campaign suspension, in the primaries, is the first step for a candidate to quit. Of course McCain will come back to the race at some point. But this can be seen as nothing but total shock to the race. Obama can "suspend" his race too or he can say, "I'm sorry John McCain feels he needs a timeout. I don't. I can handle the job of the presidency AND work on this crisis..."

You get the point?

Separate Note: Perhaps Dennis Kucinich could now find 1 or 2 Republicans to jointly support his Impeach Dubya/Cheney bill. The Repubs were able to channel their anger toward Clinton over, what can be termed given today's climate, as pure nonsense. We need to Impeach Bush and Cheney now! This legacy of destruction and incompetence can not go in the history books as it is written right now...

"The Yes We Can" (taken from the Chavez workers movement "si se puede"), Obamamisn or Obamamania, which if you say the slightest thing bad about him either you are:

racist, out of touch, not smart enough, religious nut case, homophobe,etc you name it there are some people out there that this guy's untouchable...I think no one that runs for public office is untouchable.

McCain he probably did not read your memo on that funnel..or he thought it was a funnel cake.

Last edited:
They were 47-45 % in favor of McCain this morning in FL.

If he's perceived as sneaking out of the debate, he will lose the election. If he does debate, he will probably lose also. This buys him time to learn what to say and reschedule.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/mccain-not-comm.html

He's behind by 9 Nationally...it will only get worse..especially with him wanting to beg out right before the Debate. He can't even trot out a Veep Candidate to help campaign. Sarah Palin is still hiding from the press:dunno:

I am shocked by him.

"The Yes We Can" (taken from the Chavez workers movement "si se puede"), Obamamisn or Obamamania, which if you say the slightest thing bad about him either you are:

racist, out of touch, not smart enough, religious nut case, homophobe,etc you name it there are some people out there that this guy's untouchable...I think no one that runs for public office is untouchable.

McCain he probably did not read your memo on that funnel..or he thought it was a funnel cake.

I don't see that at all. :dunno:

I guess there's also a Bush cult? Anyone that says anything factually based against the Bush administration, is part of the Obama cult. Is that it?

Last edited:
Obama should say "I will go through with the debate as scheduled." He can answer whatever questions and take this golden goose-like opportunity to say, "McCain decided he was too afraid or unsure of appearing at the debate. I'm not afraid."

He can turn the debate into a Forum on Obama's First Term as President. Basically...

Obama should say "I will go through with the debate as scheduled." He can answer whatever questions and take this golden goose-like opportunity to say, "McCain decided he was too afraid or unsure of appearing at the debate. I'm not afraid."

He can turn the debate into a Forum on Obama's First Term as President. Basically...

I just read something that said Obama says the debate is on.

Obama is willing to return to Washington "if it would be helpful." But reiterated Obama intends to debate on Friday.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/mccain-not-comm.html
He's behind by 9 Nationally...it will only get worse..especially with him wanting to beg out right before the Debate. He can't even trot out a Veep Candidate to help campaign. Sarah Palin is still hiding from the press:dunno:

I am shocked by him.

FL is a light red state.

Last edited:
I don't see that at all. :dunno:

What the memo or the funnel cake? Nah let's see how many people will be heartbroken when Obama decides to do the same if he really cares to actually participate in that "Congress" that both him and McCain have been blasting.

I guess there's also a Bush cult? Anyone that says anything factually based against the Bush administration, is part of the Obama cult. Is that it?

You know what fuck Bush, Dick and Rumsfeld for starting that war and their policies that led us to this shithole that this country is going to. Fuck the people that voted for Bush second term and to those who still defend him or the Bush cult.

This financial crisis has been building up and NOW there's no way around it and is no reason to be a partisan or the be celebrating someone else vistory, that one person who gets elected will not wave a magic wand and fix this in one day or wait till they become president, they both are public employee, senators they need to get to work now.