• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Hardest level you've ever played.

Not game. Individual level.

I'm going with Uncharted 2 - Chapter 20 "Cat and Mouse" on hard mode.

If the myriads of enemies shooting you with AK47's, shotguns, RPG's and throwing grenades at you wasn't difficult enough, a fucking tank is on your ass like a pair of underwear. I'm trying to dodge machine gun fire from the tank, but I'm getting knocked on my ass from RPG's and I don't even know where they're coming from. When I finally find my own RPG to shoot the tank, it only has 1 rocket. I have to run around and find 3 more RPG's to shoot this asshole and try to avoid getting killed and starting alllllllllllllll over. I died a good 30 times trying to do this, and when I finally beat it, it took me about an hour.

I watched people run through this chapter in 8 minutes on youtube. So maybe it isn't that difficult, but it was certainly one of the hardest levels I've ever played.

Discuss.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
The fourth level of Abe's Odyssey.

Level 1 on Zantar at Noah's arcade.

Zantar is a gelatinous cube that eats warriors in a village. If you eat a chieftain, you go up a level. Beauty is, you can't get to the next level, kids keep coughing up quarters.

Anyone?

Quake II, final boss...

(btw, one of the greatest games ever written...:))

Granted it was years ago, but I had a helluva time getting through that one...:cool:

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
I found the last part of Half Life 2: Episode 2 to be a cock-sucking bitch. Trying to blow up the Striders while getting my ass continually handed to me by the Hunters took me quite some time.

I found the last part of Half Life 2: Episode 2 to be a cock-sucking bitch. Trying to blow up the Striders while getting my ass continually handed to me by the Hunters took me quite some time.

As well... :)

Who would'a thunk that throwing shit with the gravity gun was so powerful...

Nice reference for the youngies... :D

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
Really, REALLY hard levels?
1: Hunting down the ace of spades in Mercenaries: Playground of destruction took me a while.

2: Diplomacy in SOCOM tactical strike. It's one of those missions you just don't play for fun.

3: Cannon fodder Mission 8, Phase 2.

It's been a long time, but I still have to say pretty much any level of Ghosts 'n Goblins. You had long extensive levels of extra "Nintendo Hard" stuff that and you could only get hit once or twice without dying. I think I must have been part masochist back in the day to keep trying.

The first Splinter Cell had hard levels. As far as individual levels, I am unsure. They made that game hard and it was still a blast to play.

As well as a level in Command & Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars where you had to defend your already screwed up base in Croatia. It took me forever to realize the strategy to for it. -_-

I will post more when I think of them.

Getting out of Hades in God of War 1. It took me 30 min to find the best route to get up the rotating cynder blocks with blades on them. I died at least 3 times trying to get up those.

The underwater part in God of War 1, where you have to swim and dodge a huge boulder that comes at you, and it continously keeps going. I died 15 times at that part.

The swinging part in God of War 2, where you have the boulders falling down around you.

The level where you have to slow down time, and make it through the spikes that protect the room in God of War 2. I died 10 times at this part.

Act 4 of Gears of War 1, with the difficulty being Insane. There is a part where you and Dom have to take the recently found coordinates out of the house, while Biard and Cole go to your vehicle and try to fix it. Swarms of people start attacking, mainly all of the huge enemies. At the very end of it, two Boomer's block your way, and with one shot, you can explode and be reduced to 10 body parts. I died at least 10 times playing this part, and many of which were getting to the part with the boomer's and dying 2 feet from the end of the board. I've never felt so great beating a part than beating that. I haven't played Gears of War on Insane since.

Getting onto the meteor you have to put the tracking beacon on in Dead Space. I died at least 20 times trying to get onto the meteor and send it off into space. Each time though, I died differently, so that was cool, but that was by far the hardest out of any game sequence, because you precisely had to go off the meteor a certain way or you would fly into space and die instantly.

The last three levels of COD 4 were so mind numbingly frustrating for me that I nearly threw my controller through the wall.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
The last three levels of COD 4 were so mind numbingly frustrating for me that I nearly threw my controller through the wall.

Yeah that was a real bitch .... but the Cairo space station level on Halo 2 on legendary mode, I nearly smashed the disc because of that level, or the TimeSplitters 2 level Atom Smasher on hard ... that damn time limit

star wars shadows of the empire

the level where you had to kill off the swoop gang in beggars canyon before they could get to Luke Skywalkers house was a SUPER bitch. every time i tried, i failed so miserably that i woudlnt play the game for months at a time. it took me years to actually beat the level. and i STILL havnt beaten the game all the way through.

just all together, that game is tough as fuck. the bosses, the enemies, the chases. everything was hard

PlasmaTwa2

The Second-Hottest Man in my Mother's Basement
Mike Tyson