• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Halo - Combat Evolved Anniversary

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Yeah, it's still a classic to me too.

freeones_willem

Ex-FreeOnes Team Member

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Actually I loved "The Duke". My big ass man hands fit so much better on it. I have that gaystation3 youwould think they would make a controller a real man could use.

That's the only real problem I have with the PS3. After playing with my 360 controller the PS3s' one seems very fragile, I always feel like I'm about to break the thing.

Looks like another ODST game. Being that the multiplayer portion will be just Halo maps loaded through Reach MP. I would assume they will yet again have a 2 disc game like ODST with 1 disc being purely Reach mulitplayer.

What pissed me off when ODST did this was I already owned Halo 3 (with all map-packs purchased) and the price was the same as any other retail game but only half of it was new.

Hope Halo: Anniversary is no more than $50

It's not like ODST.

ODST: $60
Halo CEA: $40

CEA's campaign is longer. They have seven maps that are from Halo 1, Halo 1 PC, and one from Halo 2.

You can install the maps onto your hard drive and play them. Another alternative is if you have your Halo Reach disc installed onto your 360, you can get the maps you have on your drive on your CEA disc so you do not have to exchange discs when you want to play. So really it's a great deal.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
this game should cost no more than 20 bucks at max

I wouldn't count on it. They'll milk it as much as they can I think.

As much as I love it, I'll wait for a while before buying it. .. Besides I'm still catching up on a lot of other games.

I wouldn't count on it. They'll milk it as much as they can I think.

As much as I love it, I'll wait for a while before buying it. .. Besides I'm still catching up on a lot of other games.

Are they milking God of War? Uncharted? They're milking those, if not more, than Halo.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
I bought this a few days ago and I finally got the last achievement today. Anyone else have this game and how did you go with some of the tough achievements like "Speed Reader" and "Watch Out For The Little Guys"?

It took me a few goes, but I finally got the bastards.

I bought this a few days ago and I finally got the last achievement today. Anyone else have this game and how did you go with some of the tough achievements like "Speed Reader" and "Watch Out For The Little Guys"?

It took me a few goes, but I finally got the bastards.

Cleard that game coop with the wife few weeks ago.

I tell you that was one of the hardest Halo games Ive ever played, wife agrees also. They have refined it so much better over the years and the gameplay is so much smoother since Halo CE I couldnt believe how many times ive died trying to clear Lengendary maps. But the 10 year old memories were great to come back too, for me at least not the wife ;)

Framerate drops really pissed me off though for a first gen Xbox game to do that on the 360.

I just got the terminals, skulls and basic achievements for now, I might try to get some of those harder achievments later once Skyrim get its dragon claws off me.

Rane1071

For the EMPEROR!!
Cleard that game coop with the wife few weeks ago.

I tell you that was one of the hardest Halo games Ive ever played, wife agrees also. They have refined it so much better over the years and the gameplay is so much smoother since Halo CE I couldnt believe how many times ive died trying to clear Lengendary maps. But the 10 year old memories were great to come back too, for me at least not the wife ;)

Framerate drops really pissed me off though for a first gen Xbox game to do that on the 360.

I just got the terminals, skulls and basic achievements for now, I might try to get some of those harder achievments later once Skyrim get its dragon claws off me.

Yeah, I thought it was me not having played for a while, but damn Legendary was hard. Harder than I remembered.

For the "Watch Out For The Little Guys" achievement (where you can't kill any Grunts on "Two Betrayals" level Heroic or higher) I'd recommend Co-op and let your buddy kill them for you. Because on Solo, fuck is it hard. I did it solo, but it took me a few goes. Quite a few!

How is The Flood in HD, and do you get an achievement for clearing it? Or probably for clearing it under a certain amount of time.

It looks excellent and the Flood are as scary as hell. It's funny, Reach looks "crisper" somehow, yet Anniversary has that "hyper-real" look that made the first Halo a classic. But re-mastered. If that makes sense.

One of the Library achievements was the hardest for me. "Speed Reader" where you had to beat the Library level in less than 30 minutes, on Legendary mode!

The other Library one is not dying on Heroic or higher.

The key is getting the Bandanna Skull (infinite ammo and grenades) and having that on for achievements.

Use the skulls to your advantage on the achievements. I still need to get to most of them.

Still absolutely love Assault on the Control Room and Two Betrayals. Amazing levels. Nothing in the sequels (or Reach) has came close to touching them.