• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Gunman, guards exchange fire in Holocaust Museum

Another domestic terrorist attack by an extremist

WASHINGTON – An elderly gunman opened fire with a rifle inside the crowded U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum on Wednesday, gravely wounding a security guard before two other officers returned fire. The assailant and his victim were both hospitalized.

The assailant was in critical condition, said Washington, D.C., Mayor Adrian Fenty.

D.C. Police Chief Kathy Lanier said the gunman appeared to have acted alone. He was "engaged by security guards immediately after entering the door" with a rifle, she said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090610/ap_on_re_us/us_holocaust_museum_shooting

Like I've always said, the real war is against extremist of any type.

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
Other than this taking place at the Holocaust Memorial Museum, is there any information in regards to the assailant being an extremist (an extremist Holocaust denier?)? The article has no information on the elderly fellow.

Other than this taking place at the Holocaust Memorial Museum, is there any information in regards to the assailant being an extremist (an extremist Holocaust denier?)? The article has no information on the elderly fellow.

How about this?

One law enforcement official said James Von Brunn, a white supremacist

Maybe the second sentence of the article about the initial impression of this terrorist being a white supremacist?

If he's a white supremacist, he's likely not to hide that so maybe if we get a police photo of this perp we'll see...

ugh. I hate stories like this. :(

Rattrap

Doesn't feed trolls and would appreciate it if you
Ooops, missed that. Ah, but I see the article's already been updated with quite a bit more information since I read it.

Well, there ya go.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Fucking guy gives all responsible gun owners, and our cause, a big black eye. Ironically, one of the most vocal, and effective pro gun organizations out there is, "The Jewish Gun Owners Of America".

I just read that the gaurd who was shot has died :(

Sad news.

Fucking guy gives all responsible gun owners, and our cause, a big black eye. Ironically, one of the most vocal, and effective pro gun organizations out there is, "The Jewish Gun Owners Of America".

Again, how do people this deranged end up with firearms??

Listen, I own several firearms and I'm one of the biggest supporters of the right to keep and bear them....but our greatest challenge as Americans is balancing the right to free speech and expression and those who clearly demonstrate through their speech they represent real threats...and our right to keep and bear arms (firearms).

There is no way Schroeder should have been able to legally acquire a firearm based on his record. There is no way Von Brunn should have been able to legally acquire a firearm based on what we now know has been his past.

The challenge is how do we keep firearms away from people who show a tendency towards snapping one day as we preserve the right to them by law-abiding citizens?

Listen, I own several firearms and I'm one of the biggest supporters of the right to keep and bear them....but our greatest challenge as Americans is balancing the right to free speech and expression and those who clearly demonstrate through their speech they represent real threats...and our right to keep and bear arms (firearms).

There is no way Schroeder should have been able to legally acquire a firearm based on his record. There is no way Von Brunn should have been able to legally acquire a firearm based on what we now know has been his past.

The challenge is how do we keep firearms away from people who show a tendency towards snapping one day as we preserve the right to them by law-abiding citizens?

That's probably one of the most intelligent things I've ever read on this forum.

How old was this fella ?

Reports suggest he was in his 80s. However, his age is certainly no factor since he has a long history statements and acts which clearly suggests a tendency toward an act like this.

Facetious

Moderated

Really ? You're the first Pro 2A person I 've ever encountered who, more than one here has tossed bait for the opposition. :rolleyes:

What was the worst flavored MRE again ? quick quick :rolleyes:

Really ? You're the first Pro 2A person I 've ever encountered who, more than one here has tossed bait for the opposition. :rolleyes:

What was the worst flavored MRE again ? quick quick :rolleyes:

It's not bait, it's a reality! Also, for a guy like myself who has eaten rabbit eyeballs and made one last for a week...there is no "worst flavored MRE" in my world.

Facetious

Moderated
Reports suggest he was in his 80s. However, his age is certainly no factor since he has a long history statements and acts which clearly suggests a tendency toward an act like this.

What kind of federal intervention would you like to see thwarted against our elderly population ? Do you want a police state type atmosphere to brush through the home(s) of our elderly population (and maybe everybody else while they're at it) just because of 1 single episode of anti semitic behavior ?

Was today's events a shame ? Most certainly !

Should the government go into a knee jerk mode, seizing the rights of a Free People in an attempt to remedy something that they cannot ?

Racism is a deeply ingrained unfortunate that society has to deal with on a one by one basis. Some people act on their prejudices, however, most, by a longshot do not. This is an isolated incident and should be treated as such.

What kind of federal intervention would you like to see thwarted against our elderly population ? Do you want a police state type atmosphere to brush through the home(s) of our elderly population (and maybe everybody else while they're at it) just because of 1 single episode of anti semitic behavior ?

Was today's events a shame ? Most certainly !

Should the government go into a knee jerk mode, seizing the rights of a Free People in an attempt to remedy something that they cannot ?

Racism is a deeply ingrained unfortunate that society has to deal with on a one by one basis. Some people act on their prejudices, however, most, by a longshot do not. This is an isolated incident and should be treated as such.

How does a guy who has stormed a federal building with a firearm and what he claimed to be a bomb...serve time for that then end up with another firearm?

Mauser98k

Closed Account
the guy was, evidently, a WWII vet who served on a PT boat. how could a WWII vet of all people deny the Holocaust?

the guy was, evidently, a WWII vet who served on a PT boat. how could a WWII vet of all people deny the Holocaust?

Bigoted extremists create their own reality based on an incorrigible hatred whereupon facts depend on the source and not the truth.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
How does a guy who has stormed a federal building with a firearm and what he claimed to be a bomb...serve time for that then end up with another firearm?

Maybe he stole it, maybe he bought it illegally from a member of his "organization" that was able to legally buy a firearm. Who knows> I see your point, but Facetious is right, you don't freak out, and deny others, because of this asshole. I have a better question, why was this guy ever let out of prison in the first place? If I understand correctly, he took a bomb into a Federal building? He should still be locked up.