• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Gun carrying man ends stabbing spree at Salt Lake grocery store

(Video in the link)

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.

Police say the suspect purchased a knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon. Smith's employee Dorothy Espinoza says, "He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbing people and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people."

Espinoza says, the knife wielding man seriously injured two people. "There is blood all over. One got stabbed in the stomach and got stabbed in the head and held his hands and got stabbed all over the arms."

Then, before the suspect could find another victim - a citizen with a gun stopped the madness. "A guy pulled gun on him and told him to drop his weapon or he would shoot him. So, he dropped his weapon and the people from Smith's grabbed him."

By the time officers arrived the suspect had been subdued by employees and shoppers. Police had high praise for gun carrying man who ended the hysteria. Lt. Brian Purvis said, "This was a volatile situation that could have gotten worse. We can only assume from what we saw it could have gotten worse. He was definitely in the right place at the right time."

Dozens of other shoppers, who too could have become victims, are also thankful for the gun carrying man. And many, like Danylle Julian, are still in shock from the experience. "Scary actually. Really scary. Five minutes before I walk out to my car. It could have been me."

Police say right now they have no idea what caused the suspect to go on the dangerous rampage. (We will update as soon as we learn new information.)

So far, police have not released the names of the suspect, the victims or the man who pulled the gun.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...-lake-city-smiths/NDNrL1gxeE2rsRhrWCM9dQ.cspx

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man charged with killing seven people at a tiny college has told a San Francisco television station that he's deeply sorry about the shooting.

During the interview Wednesday with reporter Juliette Goodrich, Goh added "(But) if I tell them sorry, it doesn't bring anybody back."

Goodrich reported that as they spoke, Goh kept his head down. His eyes were bloodshot and at one point he started to cry, she said.

"I only remember parts of that day and it is too hard to talk about," Goh reportedly told Goodrich.

But he did not appear to make any effort to dispute allegations by authorities that he was the gunman on April 2 at Oikos University in Oakland.

Goh had declined a request from The Associated Press for an interview.

Goh, 43, a native of South Korea and former student at the school, has been charged with seven counts of murder and three counts of attempted murder in the deadliest U.S. campus attack since the shooting at Virginia Tech in 2007. He has not yet entered a plea.

Police have said Goh was targeting an administrator who had been involved in his financial dispute with the school. When he learned she wasn't there, police say, he began shooting in classrooms. Police are also investigating whether Goh might have been seeking multiple targets.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/12/oikos-university-shooting-one-goh_n_1419649.html

You can raise all the cases you could find in which gun saved lives, there will still be many more cases in which gun killed innocent people.

Mayhem

Banned
(Video in the link)

SALT LAKE CITY (ABC 4 News) - A citizen with a gun stopped a knife wielding man as he began stabbing people Thursday evening at the downtown Salt Lake City Smith's store.

Police say the suspect purchased a knife inside the store and then turned it into a weapon. Smith's employee Dorothy Espinoza says, "He pulled it out and stood outside the Smiths in the foyer. And just started stabbing people and yelling you killed my people. You killed my people."

Espinoza says, the knife wielding man seriously injured two people. "There is blood all over. One got stabbed in the stomach and got stabbed in the head and held his hands and got stabbed all over the arms."

Then, before the suspect could find another victim - a citizen with a gun stopped the madness. "A guy pulled gun on him and told him to drop his weapon or he would shoot him. So, he dropped his weapon and the people from Smith's grabbed him."

By the time officers arrived the suspect had been subdued by employees and shoppers. Police had high praise for gun carrying man who ended the hysteria. Lt. Brian Purvis said, "This was a volatile situation that could have gotten worse. We can only assume from what we saw it could have gotten worse. He was definitely in the right place at the right time."

Dozens of other shoppers, who too could have become victims, are also thankful for the gun carrying man. And many, like Danylle Julian, are still in shock from the experience. "Scary actually. Really scary. Five minutes before I walk out to my car. It could have been me."

Police say right now they have no idea what caused the suspect to go on the dangerous rampage. (We will update as soon as we learn new information.)

So far, police have not released the names of the suspect, the victims or the man who pulled the gun.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...-lake-city-smiths/NDNrL1gxeE2rsRhrWCM9dQ.cspx

The highlighted part grabbed my attention. Instead of blasting away, he acted completely properly. If the knife wielder hadn't complied, 2 in the chest without another word. But first you give a warning. Very well done.

You can raise all the cases you could find in which gun saved lives, there will still be many more cases in which gun killed innocent people.

Horseshit. Complete and total horseshit.

To be fair, a gun has NEVER killed anyone. Just as an SUV, Pickup Truck, Car, Motorcycle, Bus, Train, Plane, Hot Air Balloon, Scissors, Knife, and or any other object. Every item I mentioned NEVER did anything other than when a human got a hold of it.

When was the last time you read a story about a pair of scissors getting up all by it'self and stabbing someone to death?

Too lazy to dig it up but I remember a post in which you actually wrote "Guns saves lives".
So, guns don't kill but they do save lives ?

Too lazy to dig it up but I remember a post in which you actually wrote "Guns saves lives".
So, guns don't kill but they do save lives ?

Absolutely. The knife wielding maniac in the story above had his life spared because of a gun. As soon as he saw the gun, he dropped his knife.

So you see... a gun doesn't have to be fired to save a life. Yet, a gun fired BY A PERSON probably will kill said person. But, the gun didn't fire itself. It took a human to pull the trigger. Just as it took a human to push the gas pedal of a car which then smashed into the back of a Ford Pinto, which then exploded, killing everyone inside.

:)

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Sam :goodpost:

Wonder when the radical liberals are going to start whining about knife control? :1orglaugh

Horseshit. Complete and total horseshit.

John, he is correct. :tongue: Guns save more lives than take them. Wrap your liberal mind around the truth. :hatsoff:

Wonder when the radical liberals are going to start whining about knife control? :1orglaugh
A knife can be used for many other reason than hurt people.
Cut your meat
Cut a rope
Carve thing into wood
etc...

I don't see any other use for a gun except firing bullets to hurt people. Maybe you can use it as a hammer or a club...

Guns save more lives than take them.
:rofl2:

bobjustbob

Proud member of FreeOnes Hall Of Fame. Retired to
Okay, 2 posts. Sam's was from Utah. A citizen I hope had a permit to carry his gun. Utah has a liberal gun policy. Carry it only under the law. Andronicus article comes from San Fransisco. A conservative law in that city concerning hand guns. Was the San Fransisco assailant lawfully possessing his weapon? Legal stuff is okay to have and use. Illegal stuff is not okay to have and use. What is your point Andronicus? Apples and orangutans.

Mayhem

Banned
Cut your meat
Cut a rope
Carve thing into wood
etc...

I don't see any other use for a gun except firing bullets to hurt people. Maybe you can use it as a hammer or a club...

:rofl2:

Try opening your eyes and learning about that which you do not know and fail to comprehend. Not confining this to shooting sports, but this is obviously something you have no clue about. IPSA, IDP, Bullsye, S.A.S.S., Silhouette shooting, Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays, Turkey Shoots (no, not what they sound like), Bowling Pin Shoots (exactly what they sound like), etc. Millions upon millions continue to be spent on the shooting sports with no hostile intent whatsoever. Again, learn what you're talking about.

Cut your meat
Cut a rope
Carve thing into wood
etc...

And just how are you going to get within close enough range to kill the elk, deer, rabbit, turkey, etc., that you and others eat every day?

And as far as you comment: "A knife can be used for many other reason than hurt people." Yes, that's true. But the situation we are discussing involves a guy who purchased a knife and used it violently to harm others. The man with the gun, harmed nobody. And besides, that right there throws your analogy that "guns are only good for harming someone" right out the fucking window.

You can carry a gun in your car but in order to use it you have to have it unloaded in a carrying case in the trunk.

And just how are you going to get within close enough range to kill the elk, deer, rabbit, turkey, etc., that you and others eat every day?

And as far as you comment: "A knife can be used for many other reason than hurt people." Yes, that's true. But the situation we are discussing involves a guy who purchased a knife and used it violently to harm others. The man with the gun, harmed nobody. And besides, that right there throws your analogy that "guns are only good for harming someone" right out the fucking window.
Like Is said a few post higher, for every story in wich a man use his gun to save people, you would find dozens of storiesz in which a man use his gun to hurt innocent people or in which an accident ends with someonde hurt or killed.

Johan, you are now agreeing with dictators. How does that feel?

Feels OK.
Telling "dictators did it" doesn't make something wrong.
Hitler was Christian. Would you say believing in God is wrong ?

Hitler was Christian. Would you say believing in God is wrong ?

Hitler was NOT a Christian. He hated Christianity. He despised the "weakness" that Christianity is all about. He said it was for weak minded people.... "to be taught to turn the other cheek when slapped in the face."

"My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God’s truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow my self to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice… And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows . For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people."
–Adolf Hitler, in a speech on 12 April 1922 (Norman H. Baynes, ed. The Speeches of Adolf Hitler, April 1922-August 1939, Vol. 1 of 2, pp. 19-20, Oxford University Press, 1942)

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
Cut your meat
Cut a rope
Carve thing into wood
etc...

Here's a nice little harsh reality for you....the first knives were made for killing. and nothing more. Knives were invented for the sole purpose of taking human life.

The very first knives were invented something like 30.000 years ago, they were made of flint and were used as both tool and weapon.

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
Hitler was NOT a Christian. He hated Christianity. He despised the "weakness" that Christianity is all about. He said it was for weak minded people.... "to be taught to turn the other cheek when slapped in the face."

Yes, Hitler was a Christian is a myth.