• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Guitar smacking

As a guitar player myself, I've never understood why other players make it more complicated to play a song by slapping the guitar as opposed to playing it normally and having it sound the same.

Lungzyn

Die For Me
As a guitar player myself, I've never understood why other players make it more complicated to play a song by slapping the guitar as opposed to playing it normally and having it sound the same.

I wouldnt have thought you could play that song without using that method :dunno:

It looks impressive, pleases the crowd and seems to require more skill, so it would be more entertaining.
for 5 minutes .. I'm with BD on this .. I too am a guitar player .. 28 years a pro .. there is undoubtedly both skill and talent to do this, and I would not disrespect them in this regard, but could you sit through even 20 minutes of it?

It's a different approach to the guitar, though I must admit that I would not tolerate an entire gig.
However I like Andy McKee's music very much.

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
I wouldnt have thought you could play that song without using that method :dunno:

Fact is, you can't play that song without his technique without changing the complete sound and the experience if you strum and pick the guitar ordinary.

I mean, if you think of Eddie Van Halen's Legato orgies, can you imagine doing that without his technique?

No way.

THis special style is a bit like playing funk bass, which gives a very lively sound.

I love it!