• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Google Unveils the Nexus One, Coming to Verizon in Spring 2010

For my money, the AppStore is only better than the Apps for Android in that Apple launched it first, which gave people more time to develop for it. Android is just now getting to be about a full year old as a 1.0+ release, so to me, Android will end up being the better platform. The AppStore is so vastly overrated as it stands, because there are literally only about 10,000 original apps in the AppStore, but there are literally thousands of applications that do that same thing. Android to date has the most varied applications, and because it's open source, the applications can do more, without having to worry about being rejected by Apple.

Also, the iPhone storage as it stands probably won't last another 4 months before you can at least double it's storage on the Nexus.

To be honest, this phone is really only one feature short of being better than the iPhone, and that's multi-touch, but that'll be there in Android 2.1, so it's on its way. I think this is the better deal to start with, it just doesn't have the premium Apple glitz.

I agree with you that so many iPhone apps are useless and redundant and Apple did have a head start. I also agree with you that Apple's behavior will cause it to lose good potential apps like Google Voice for example, that was a stupid move. What I wrote before was referring to present time, it is possible that Google will surpass Apple in the medium future but I don't see that happening real soon.

I like music, I listen a lot to music, the iPhone 3GS has 32GB, the next iPhone will have 64GB. Nexus One needs an external card that cost extra money for a 32GB capacity. When I compare Nexus to iPhone 3GS, I find none to have a huge advantage so the high internal capacity in the 3GS wins, that's why I have one now... I had high hope for Nexus One. I don't want to pay so much money for a smartphone and then have to pay extra money for a seperate iPod device.

I like how Google made their phone unlock and open confronting the iPhone. It is not normal that so many iPhone owners have to jailbreak their phones to enjoy it fully. 2010 will still see iPhone as #1 maybe in a few years Google will surpass it.