• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Georgia Executes Troy Davis

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
Since we seem to be on an execution binge here, her's more fodder for the mill.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-09-21/troy-davis-georgia-execution/50491648/1

There was no physical evidence against this man to prove beyond the preponderance of a reasonable doubt as required by law that he committed this crime and 7 of 9 witnesses against him at his trial have subsequently repudiated their testimony. Yet, he was denied any stay of execution to explore these deficiencies. I ask any of you who support the death penalty....is this the kind of treatment you would accept or want from the state if you were on trial for this crime?

Some "justice" here in the land of the free and the home of the brave and another indictment of the inequities in the judicial system here in the USA. :rolleyes: :facepalm:

I don't know the case at all but it depends on what they mean by no physical evidence.

If it means the totality of the evidence couldn't bear out one bit of conclusive evidence then this was a miscarriage of justice and not an appropriate pursuit of the death penalty IMO.

My state doesn't have the death penalty. :nanner: Unless of course you get on some Federal ish and cross borders and the like.

I do believe this man's sentence was stayed several times however, but I am not remotely familiar enough with the specifics to say one way or the other if he was guilty.

Supporting the death penalty and supporting every use of it are two separate things.
However, your claims regarding the Davis case are misleading. I'd recommend Ann Coulter's article on this subject, but she doesn't seem like your type.

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
However, your claims regarding the Davis case are misleading. I'd recommend Ann Coulter's article on this subject, but she doesn't seem like your type.

My type or not, I'll gladly read what she has to say on the subject. How about a source instead of some vague reference? What did she say?

What I find most sad about this case (besides the fact somebody was executed which I don't believe is reasonable and I think is morally wrong in a modern society with a well run justice system where criminals can be kept away from society forever if need be if they are dangerous) is the judge that didn't even give him a new trial some time ago after the Supreme Court allowed the case to be reevaluated.

When most of the vast majority of witnesses recant their testimony and their is very little evidence, it makes you wonder just what it would take to get another trial under the evidence in that case, or any case for that matter. It seemed that short of a signed letter from God claiming his innocence and a dozen videos showing he didn't do it suddenly popping up they never had any intention of seriously reevaluating the case. It was basically a farce.

Next on the list of pathetic things about this was the board that looked at the case and still didn't even stay his execution or get him off of capital punishment when they could have despite the huge amounts of questionable things about the case. Their jobs must not have involved the ability for them to be allowed to use common sense, with somebody's life on the line no less.

Basically, when in doubt they choose to err on the side of killing somebody. :wtf:

Nevermind the system gave him several appeals and that a cop was murdered in cold blood.... poor guy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Sorry, but 99.99% of the time, that's a bullshit excuse. :2 cents:

Nevermind the system gave him several appeals and that a cop was murdered in cold blood.... poor guy was just in the wrong place at the wrong time? Sorry, but 99.99% of the time, that's a bullshit excuse. :2 cents:

Not good enough C/S.

That same 'bullshit excuse' perspective is the exact same perspective that puts some of these witnesses on the stand to say what they thought they saw or heard consistent with what they think they should say instead of what actually happened.

If 10 people are in a room, 1 gets shot..who killed the person? The person who actually did it or who the other 8 say did it ??

Point, don't discount the creating of reality in some of these cases which can perpetuate the notion that a defendant is offering a 'bullshit excuse'. I don't know if that is the case here or not, I'm just more inclined to reason the circumstances.

White cop killed in Georgia years ago..who gets convicted? The person who actually did it or some black guy everyone says did it (because..what's the difference in the eyes of some)?:dunno:

Could be one and the same (killer and who everyone says so) but our system isn't perfect especially in cases where witnesses aren't dispassionate or objective and may believe killing one black is just as good as killing someone who actually did it...'one of them paid'.

Supporting the death penalty and supporting every use of it are two separate things.

Your first statement is absolutely correct, but...

Anybody that would admit that Ann Coulter is their "type" is someone in which I would immediately lose respect.