• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Fuck you, George Lucas! Fuck you!

After two hit "Robot Chicken" parodies of "Star Wars," "Chicken" masterminds Seth Green and Matthew Senreich get to do the real thing.

"Star Wars" creator George Lucas' Lucasfilm Animation said Monday it is developing a new animated "Star Wars" series that will take a comedic and irreverent look at the characters from the sci-fi franchise and will feature creative involvement from Green and Senreich as well as writing from Brendan Hay ("The Daily Show").

"The 'Star Wars' universe is so dense and rich; it's crazy to think that there aren't normal, mundane everyday problems in a world so well-defined," Green said. "What do these characters do when they're not overthrowing empires?"

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com/ridley-scotts-robin-hood-open-cannes-fest-reuters
Even the fucking link is off it is this big of a shame!

Bad enough they have that 3D crap on Cartoon Network! Sheesh. Well I also heard that George Lucas is going to digitally replace Jabba the Hutt with his own butt to show how big of an ass he's become in a digitally remastered trilogy boxset.

The little skits that Robot Chicken does is hilarious in small doses. Not a fucking show worth! The Star Wars specials were overrated and crap; not to mention recycled skits from previous episodes, if I remember right. Either way, damn... Star Wars is going the fast track to the Dark Side and more fans will start to give cold shoulders that are colder than the planet Hoth!

I agree that Lucas has ran the series into the ground but I do like Robot Chicken and a writer from the Daily Show never hurts. Just have to see when it comes out

Edit: I can never stop staring at your sig, whimsy

Mayhem

Banned
^^^ All this and no one will touch Star Trek anymore. WTF? :cussing:

Sometimes I despair for the species!

jod0565

Member, you member...
In the grand scheme of things, does it really matter.

I remember standing in line for four hours in 1977 to see Star Wars at the theater - all this other crap will not take away the great pleasure I had seeing that movie for the first time.

Thank You.

I agree that Lucas has ran the series into the ground but I do like Robot Chicken and a writer from the Daily Show never hurts. Just have to see when it comes out

Indeed. However, I hate seeing my beloved Star Wars realm tainted. Sure George Lucas owns it all and whatnot, however, there comes a time when you need to leave your baby alone and let it grow naturally. I mean look at what Bioware did for Star Wars. George Lucas should just sit back and count the money he already has and be happy.

What you talking about? I understand on a little bit of a level, but did Star Trek not have a blockbuster hit film come out last year? Is it not getting a MMORPG (I know, I know, but it's coming still and planned to be a big hit) coming out in the foreseeable future?

Star Trek is getting back on the map. Though at a price too. No less, it's getting big again, modern day big which means it is all action, romance, and frivolous humor. But... it's back and huge.

This is nothing more than Lucas trying to cash in even more on the Star Wars name.

Mayhem

Banned
What you talking about? I understand on a little bit of a level, but did Star Trek not have a blockbuster hit film come out last year? Is it not getting a MMORPG (I know, I know, but it's coming still and planned to be a big hit) coming out in the foreseeable future?

Star Trek is getting back on the map. Though at a price too. No less, it's getting big again, modern day big which means it is all action, romance, and frivolous humor. But... it's back and huge.

You know, that's how much of an impression the new Star Trek left me with. I completely forgot about it. But I do stand corrected.

I was referring more to a TV show anyway. The hell with waiting 2-3 years for 2 hours worth of movie. I want a TV show. "Enterprise" was just starting to get good when they jerked it. DS9 had run its course, but the battle scenes for the Dominion War were awesome and I though it would be a taste of things to come. Star Trek belongs on the TV dammit!

And yes fuckers :thefinger I am a Trekky, life long and proud of it!

You know, that's how much of an impression the new Star Trek left me with. I completely forgot about it. But I do stand corrected.

I was referring more to a TV show anyway. The hell with waiting 2-3 years for 2 hours worth of movie. I want a TV show. "Enterprise" was just starting to get good when they jerked it. DS9 had run its course, but the battle scenes for the Dominion War were awesome and I though it would be a taste of things to come. Star Trek belongs on the TV dammit!

And yes fuckers :thefinger I am a Trekky, life long and proud of it!

It's alright. I absolutely love Star Wars and so much to do with it. However, I am not one of those, you like Star Trek? fuck you types.

Though the Star Trek film is very, very loosely based off of the original TV series and its original concept. It is modern day action film set in space. Though people are generating interest in Star Trek now. It will only get bigger as time goes on.

Just remember: Don't fuck with Star Wars. I'll find you! :hatsoff:

:tongue:

I agree, Mayhem, although if there is another Star Trek, I would like to see it more geared towards adults, like say as a series on HBO or FX.

I'd also like to see a Star Trek series that is almost completely disconnected from and unencumbered by its roots in the universe created by Roddenberry. I'd like to take Star Trek's original utopian aspirations and put them to the test against the very turbulent times we are living in today. Sort of like a Star-Trek-meets-Lord-of-the-Flies kind of thing. That might be cool to see.

And yes, I too, am a life long Trekkie.

What's sad is if you count stuff that has happened in the Star Was Extended Universe the past ten years or so (With the exception of one, maybe two, video games and a couple comic series.)Lucas himself is far from the worst offender in totally screwing up Star Wars, making a mockery of it, and just destroying the very underlining concepts of what it was about at it's core. I don't know if that says more about Lucas or the majority of the other people that have created things for Star Wars in the last decade though. (Not that I'm happy with everything Lucas has done, far from it). That's what happens when money grabs are constantly made on it and it tries to do lame things to appeal to casual fans that won't care either way and will buy the stuff anyhow while Lucas Licensing, and Luca Arts almost seem go out of their way to do things that will piss the most dedicated Star Wars fans off or will do stuff to be different just to be different. Even if they were lame, could have been better, and often had horrible cringe worthy dialog the new movies at least never went that far. (with one exception)

The only consolation I can take from this new cartoon series is that's it's at least not serious, probably won't be considered canon, and won't hurt anything in the long run. That's better consolation than nothing I suppose.

This is from somebody that's a fan of both Star Trek and Star Wars, although I will readily admit that I like Star Wars better. Quite frankly Star Wars has always been the superior fictional universe ever since it came out. Star Trek is for the science fiction lovers out there, and there is nothing wrong with that. I'm often that type of person. Star Wars on the other hand is almost a modern day mythology reborn and put into a space setting. Because of that it can appeal to almost anybody and can be a lot more than just what a science fiction setting can be.

I'll also concede that Star Trek, like Star Wars has had more than it share of people through the years that have made stupid decisions that have helped bring it down. It's just that they have had more time to do it. At the rate it's going in ten or twenty years it wouldn't shock me if people said, "No one will touch Star Wars anymore, WTF." Then again Star Wars also has the advantage of worse coming to worse it having the backing of one of the richest people in the country that both fully controls it and can back it if he wants to. Star Trek unfortunately doesn't have anything like that to fall back on, so if it goes under or can't make excess profit for somebody it's even worse.

There is pretty much no way that this can turn out good. I am really sick of the recent Star Wars parodys and there have only been like 3 that I've seen.

Google Joseph Campbell and Star Wars Together, Joe Campbell was a mythology scholar and friend to George Lucus, George Seems to have lost it since Joe died.

I agree, Mayhem, although if there is another Star Trek, I would like to see it more geared towards adults, like say as a series on HBO or FX.

I'd also like to see a Star Trek series that is almost completely disconnected from and unencumbered by its roots in the universe created by Roddenberry. I'd like to take Star Trek's original utopian aspirations and put them to the test against the very turbulent times we are living in today. Sort of like a Star-Trek-meets-Lord-of-the-Flies kind of thing. That might be cool to see.

And yes, I too, am a life long Trekkie.

Sorry about the double post, but I didn't want to go back and edit just for that.

In the statement above I was saying how Star Wars was doing things different just for the sake of being different. Some part of that was authors tying to add in moral relativism, shades of gray, and adding in things to reflect "turbulent times we are living in today", (this was also shortly after 9/11) among other things like that. It came close to totally ruining it at it's core. It hasn't recovered and is now so screwed up it probably won't outside of the most gigantic retcon in the history of anything like it happening. I would be very careful of anybody wanting to do that for Star Trek. I don't think it would end much differently for that universe either, even if Star Trek doesn't rely on good and evil as almost palpable forces of the universe like Star Wars does. The utopian concept of Star Trek is one of it's biggest features that makes it what it is. Roddenberry's vision of that is very important to it. Part of the reason people like it so much, including me, is that it gives me a small sliver of hope that someday humanity can rise above and have that. Things like trying to introduce grittiness have even ruined the Marvel Universe lately, (The Marvel Civil War comes to mind.) even more than it already was. If they want to add that they might as well create a whole new fictional universe instead of ruining what makes one we have now so great by changing what it is at it's very core.

If I want to see a crappy world with no hope, unrestrained greed, evil winning all the time, slimeballs getting ahead, grittiness, rationalizing moral relativism, the protagonist trying to do evil to further his cause or worst yet because he thinks it will do good, and the worst qualities of reality I will watch the news. I'm a fan of both the Star Wars and Star Trek universes to get away from stuff like that or so I can see the good guys overcoming those things and triumphing over them.

Am I the only Star Wars fan who doesn't really care what they're doing now because what ever they do will have no effect in how I view the Star Wars media that I do like? I have the six movie saga, I have quite a few books, I have both KOTOR games. Anything else out there I just don't pay attention to them because they don't exist!

hmm, sounds interesting. ill probably watch it, but i doubt its going to be good for very long.

it is true to say that lots of good jokes can be made about Star Wars using the books that have come out in the past 10-12 years, but theyre really only going to be relevant to hardcore SW fans. otherwise itll all be lost on whos watching. unless its obscure stuff that can just be made into anything funny.

ill agree that Lucas has run the whole thing into a world of shit. i grew up after the origionals came out, and when the new ones were being made. that being said, IV, V, and VI are the best of the 6 films. hands down. killing chewy off in the books, and a whole slew of things they did kind of ruined it for me. but im trying to hold out, maybe something good will come of it once more someday

Mayhem

Banned
killing chewy off in the books

They...they killed Chewy? .................:eek: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shocked::bawling::cussing::violent::nono::eyeso: :shocked: :wtf:

They...they killed Chewy? .................:eek: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!
:shocked::bawling::cussing::violent::nono::eyeso: :shocked: :wtf:

yea fraid so. some all powerful race of aliens entered the picture after the rebels and the empire stopped their wars, and smashed a moon into a planet, killing chewy and hella other people. theres a cool picture of it actually:

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/ima...r-wars-heroes-day-4-20080814020859984-000.jpg

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/movies.reuters.com/ridley-scotts-robin-hood-open-cannes-fest-reuters
Even the fucking link is off it is this big of a shame!

Bad enough they have that 3D crap on Cartoon Network! Sheesh. Well I also heard that George Lucas is going to digitally replace Jabba the Hutt with his own butt to show how big of an ass he's become in a digitally remastered trilogy boxset.

The little skits that Robot Chicken does is hilarious in small doses. Not a fucking show worth! The Star Wars specials were overrated and crap; not to mention recycled skits from previous episodes, if I remember right. Either way, damn... Star Wars is going the fast track to the Dark Side and more fans will start to give cold shoulders that are colder than the planet Hoth!

Well said man. :thumbsup:

So true.

yea fraid so. some all powerful race of aliens entered the picture after the rebels and the empire stopped their wars, and smashed a moon into a planet, killing chewy and hella other people. theres a cool picture of it actually:

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/ima...r-wars-heroes-day-4-20080814020859984-000.jpg

I didn't like Chewy dying. That was just one of things that have screwed up badly since the New Jedi Order series of books came out that are way too numerous to have me feel like getting into them all now. About the only thing good to come from it is a very small handful of characters. They didn't kill him as much because it was an organic natural part of a good plot, but as a gimmick to get the, "oh no, nobody is safe anymore" reaction and as pure shameless shock value. He was the most important person they could afford to kill off to do it to since they probably couldn't touch the big three, (like who they kill is part of some weird formula the authors and the people at Lucas Licensing have and not for the best plot) but the saddest part about that was the fact out of all the characters that died in the last decade he was actual the one that I was most alright with, as bad as it was. Anakin Solo death is widely regarded by many fans as the worst decision ever made in Star Wars, extended universe or not, and that's even by a lot of people that liked the post Bantam era of books for some strange reason. (It also had the effect of rendering Chewy's sacrifice kind of meaningless.)

Now I'm waiting for the new MMO to pretty much ruin the KotOR era, games, and all the characters that came with it. That was pretty much the last bastion for the people that liked Star Wars with the feeling of way it used to be. There is no way that going with making an MMO was anything other than a money grab. Even if Bioware is doing it I don't have faith in it, and even what they told people so far and shown what is going to be in it makes me not like it.