• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Five Guys Voted America’s Best Burger Joint In New Survey

Best Burgers

• Five Guys

Votes: 9 30.0%
  • McDonalds

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • A&W

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fuddruckers

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • In-N-Out

• Sonic

• Wendy's

• Burger King

• White Castle

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Rally's

• Frischs

• Steak 'n Shake

• Jack in th Box

• Hardee's

• Other

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From that list I've only tried 7 of them. When I'm hungry I could eat a cat food patty in a bun and call it a burger. Just exaggerating, but what I'm trying to say it's that I'm not that picky, as long as it's cooked properly and it doesn't taste like shit, literally. Here in TX we don't have In-and-Out, but we do have Whataburger and I do like them over most of all the other choices that I've tried (McD's, BK, Wendy's, Sonic, A&W, and Jack in the Box) with the exeption of Fuddrockers but then again, I kind of find it a hassle to make my own.

Getting hungry now, I guess I'll go try them five guys after the game is over.

Five Guys is too expensive? How cheap do you want your food?
Fuck yeah it's too expensive,especially for some greasy ass shit like that!

I got a bacon double cheeseburger and fries and it was fucking $11! No drink,no nothing else,for $11.Sorry,but that's a fucking rip for heart attack inducing food.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
Not really a burger joint guy. Any fast food going - McD, Wendy's, Sonic, White Castle, etc. are complete shit. Eating burgers made on a chain gang are not a way to go.
There was a place in Bowling Green, Ohio that was quite good...greasy, but spicy and very filling. Place got condemned a couple of decades ago.
Where I live, about the only places that sort of could make an OK burger was The Spot, but it literally depended on the cook. Their best burger days have passed about 10 years ago.
In Seattle, I ate Dick's. Not too bad, but I was desperately hungry at the time.
The best burgers I have had are much like those of others...my own. I can cook them to perfection as to how I want them, and top them just right.

The best burgers are at non-chains, but of the chains, Five Guys pretty damn good.

That poll needs to be changed. None of the fast-food places should be on there. I'd put Five Guys, Red Robin, Burger 21, Burger Monger, Fuddruckers, Frisch's, and Steak n Shake in that poll.

Of those, I'd give the nod to Red Robin.

In Seattle, I ate dick's.

I would have expected that in San Francisco.....:tongue:

Drumroll, please. Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Anyway, got a point about eating burgers from chain restaurants. For me, they're a guilty pleasure that I tend to enjoy once in a while. But you do get some really good surprises in hole in the wall places. There's this BBQ resturant on the way out to the boonies where they make really good charcoal broiled burgers. Awesome, but it's rather far from my place so I only go when I'm around the area. And from looking at it you'd think it's a rather run down kind of place but still good.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
I haven't been to seven of the ones on the list. Five guys is pretty good but not the best.

I would give the nod to Red Robin (yum). They had a burger with blue cheese that nearly made me orgasm.

StanScratch

My Penis Is Dancing!
I would have expected that in San Francisco.....:tongue:

Drumroll, please. Thank you, I'll be here all week. Try the veal.

Anyway, got a point about eating burgers from chain restaurants. For me, they're a guilty pleasure that I tend to enjoy once in a while. But you do get some really good surprises in hole in the wall places. There's this BBQ resturant on the way out to the boonies where they make really good charcoal broiled burgers. Awesome, but it's rather far from my place so I only go when I'm around the area. And from looking at it you'd think it's a rather run down kind of place but still good.

That is why I like Seattle. A lot of the good eating places were in the most unsuspecting areas. One was in one of those tin buildings that looked like it had been thrown up overnight...but the food was swimming in taste. Another looked like a greasy spoon dive where everyone was crammed together...but the food was spectacular (and I noticed in both cases, olive oil had been used as cooking oil. Yum!).
In my home town, they build a brand new building for a restaurant that sucks, then goes out of business after a few months. Because it sucks.

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
I like the five alarm burger at Red Robin. Plus, they make great ice cream drinks.

trytheshakes.jpg

Supafly

Retired Mod
Bronze Member
As a German, I only know McDonalds and Burger King from that poll. I prefer Burger King.

Okay, I went to try out Five Guys. Not bad. I got the cajun fries, which I loved because I like fries with the potato skin on them. The burger seemed smaller than a Whataburger but it seemed thicker and it wasn't bad at all. Got mine with mushrooms, tomato, onions, lettuce, pickles and mayo. Not a place I'd avoid and a nice break from Whataburger.

Okay, I went to try out Five Guys. Not bad. I got the cajun fries, which I loved because I like fries with the potato skin on them. The burger seemed smaller than a Whataburger but it seemed thicker and it wasn't bad at all. Got mine with mushrooms, tomato, onions, lettuce, pickles and mayo. Not a place I'd avoid and a nice break from Whataburger.

I had Whataburger a long time ago when I went to Houston on vacation.Pretty good from what I remember,but it was another heart attack burger.

Harley Spencer

Official Checked Star Member
Why are they choosing to put those restaurants in the mix of which burgers are in the running for America's Best Burger? Seriously? McDonald's, Burger King, Sonic and Wendy's? What about TGI Fridays, Ruby Tuesdays, Garfield's, Chili's, Baby's, Damon's, etc.? What are we judging here, speed of food being made or quality and taste of food? Honestly.

I heard about this whole thing months ago, probably in February, about Five Guys being the best burger in America. So stupid. I make better burgers than Five Guys. Better burgers than a lot of places.

Also, something to take into consideration is that everyone has different tastes. Someone might vote McDonald's as the best burger because they can get a simple burger with just ketchup. Someone else might vote for a burger from somewhere that has jalapenos, mushrooms, onions rings, relish, lots of cheese, salsa, and BBQ sauce on it. You can't get that at McDonald's. But what really needs to be judged is just the burger itself. The burger and the bread. Nothing else. No condiments.

I would so win that contest.

Alyssa Rose

Official Checked Star Member
Soooo first of all, White Castle burgers are the most disgusting burgers EVER! It tastes like grandmas leftover meatloaf and its nasty!

Second of all, out of what you have listed I will have to say Wendy's burgers are pretty decent for a fast food joint..

Now for my main point: the best burger you will EVER have is from Terry's Turf Club in Cincinnati! Oh my gosh! Orgasmic! They have filet mignon chili which is incredible and "The burger not so Wellington" which is 2 fresh baked crossaints with a half pound burger, Swiss and pâté... It's ridiculous!

Seriously any burger you can think of you can create!
Want Gouda cheese? How about stilton, halloumi, provolone or bleu? They've got it! Still not convinced? How about adding a Burgundy wine with wild mushrooms and truffles sauce to put on top of your 1/2lb burger? Or the Wasabi red curry ginger sauce, the mango tequila jalapeño or for those of you less adventurous guys the peanut garlic sauce?

That's just the beggining! Seriously, check out Terry's Turf Club! (They were also on Diners, drive ins and dives)

Click Here for the menu

This poll should say "best fast food/Chain burger" because the best burgers are always from non-fastfood or chain restaurants. But of the choices I went with Five Guys. For a fast food burger they are pretty damn good.

I haven't even voted on this poll because when I'm hungry, I'm not picky. If I feel like having a fast food burger I'll go wherever I feel like. Now, if I want a fancier burger, then I'll go to a steakhouse or some place like Red Robin or even Hooters. Of all the places in the list that I've tried, I wouldn't avoid any of them. Though for some reason I haven't felt like going to BK lately, weird because I used to prefer BK over McD's.

Little Red Wagon Repairman

Step in my shop and I'll fix yours too.
Anybody go to Marie Callender's for burgers? Great regular cheeseburgers(old-fashioned style) and the amazing Deluxe Frisco Burger served on thick sourdough toast with onion rings, applewood smoked bacon, cheddar cheese, and a nice 1/2 lb patty. Great fries sprinkled with Lawry's Seasoned Salt.