• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

fitness and nutrition thread

since the freeones board made the subdivisions of "sports and politics", i figure i can get away with making my own thread on proper nutrition, dietary supplements, and any other tips i (or you) may know thread...

this is a subject that i have a personal struggle with... drinking alcohol and working out. according to this (reliable) source, drinking 1 beer a day will add 15 lbs over 1 year. http://scoobysworkshop.com/alcohol/

granted, that is mostly a stat for a person living a sedimentary lifestyle.

the average beer (12oz) has 145+- calories
the average light beer has 110+- calories
shot of whiskey 65+- calories
shot of vodka 55+- calories

depending how much you drink the night before, its a safe bet you will have to drink a gallon of water the next day, and limit your carbs to slim to none the next day.

one cup of fruit with a serving of plain oatmeal alongside a protein shake (30 grams of protein) is your best bet for a kickstart breakfast.

I'm a believer in exercising everyday and eating/drinking whatever you want. Whether its the gym, playing basketball or going for a bike ride, I'm doing something everyday. I'm not ripped, but I'm in good, healthy shape and still get to enjoy the beer, fried foods and junk I want. It's a pretty fair trade off if you ask me.

I'm a believer in exercising everyday and eating/drinking whatever you want. Whether its the gym, playing basketball or going for a bike ride, I'm doing something everyday. I'm not ripped, but I'm in good, healthy shape and still get to enjoy the beer, fried foods and junk I want. It's a pretty fair trade off if you ask me.

staying actives the most important part.

i play hockey with guys that are at least 8 years younger than myself, and theyre in god awful shape for their age... as far as getting winded

jinxypie

Official Checked Star Member
I tried training for a 5k, but over the years (I know, I'm only 32 - no matter what FO lists my age as) my knees just aren't what they used to be. I got up to maybe 1.5 miles before I couldn't go anymore. Oddly enough, our UPS driver told us that she used to run but since her knees started giving her problems, she started biking because it was easier. I now have a bike that I barely ride.

A question... have any of you suffered problems with your knees, and if so have you successfully found a way to make it easier to deal with while being active? Nutrition, training, supplements - anything that made it better or easier to handle?

I tried training for a 5k, but over the years (I know, I'm only 32 - no matter what FO lists my age as) my knees just aren't what they used to be. I got up to maybe 1.5 miles before I couldn't go anymore. Oddly enough, our UPS driver told us that she used to run but since her knees started giving her problems, she started biking because it was easier. I now have a bike that I barely ride.

A question... have any of you suffered problems with your knees, and if so have you successfully found a way to make it easier to deal with while being active? Nutrition, training, supplements - anything that made it better or easier to handle?

glucosamine works wonders. i myself have a battle with a knee injury, and ive been taking it for the past 3 years.

it takes about 2-3 weeks to start working, but it pads your joints and certainly makes you more mobile

[size=+1]mass[/size]

aside from the usual workout routine i keep, ive been taking in a gram of protein for every pound i weigh plus 20 extra. taking servings of 20-30 grams at a time (your body cant typically take more at once) at intervals of about every 2 hours

egg whites in the morning, whey mid day, and casein at night.

that, plus a healthy diet heavy on fresh non-canned or boxed foods is the best way to gain mass and keep a strong cardio output.

i know a guy that actually does things like eating a whole pizza, then goes straight to bed in order to gain size. not good.