• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

First Amendment Under Fire

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
I hope this judge figures out how to read and that we have the right to display the Constitution, or any other document we wish to display, in our homes, businesses, or front lawns.

too many flags.... fine
posting constitution... fine

What's next?

The judge ...

I hope this judge figures out how to read and that we have the right to display the Constitution, or any other document we wish to display, in our homes, businesses, or front lawns.
The judge is a victim of the local laws as much as anyone else. In many cases, the judge has to rule counter to his own beliefs. That's the responsibility of a judge.

Now a federal appeals judge may get to rule otherwise. In fact, that is what should happen should his be appealed if the local ruling is unfavorable.

As I said, a lot of local people with too much time on their hands. We'll see what happens. In any case, it's a great study of civics.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
Wait a minute, wait a minute, WAIT A MINUTE...

This guy is getting fined, $500/day, for displaying artwork of The Bill of Rights in his business?

But, the government is allowed to display The Bill of Rights at the National Archives and Records Administration in the Rotunda for the Charters of Freedom?

What the...

This guy is getting fined, $500/day, for displaying artwork of The Bill of Rights in his business?

But, the government is allowed to display The Bill of Rights at the National Archives and Records Administration in the Rotunda for the Charters of Freedom?

What the...

The government owns the copyright to it.

What the...
It's called local governments being a bunch of pricks. I love how they abuse their little authorities. And then they wonder why the "big, bad state/federal government" has to come stomping on their parade.

Ummm, maybe it's because you little magots of a government forgot that little thing called "common sense"? If you use it, the "big, bad state/federal government" doesn't have a problem.

obama that great? :nono:

Where does it say anything about Obama? I doubt he has ever heard of this, but thats just speculation on my part.

There's no need to introduce your political ideology into a thread when there is no reason to do so.

Well, maybe there is :dunno: Forget it I cant be bothered.

Welcome to the age of "change" and "hope", where wee are not doing business like before. The new age of Political Correctness! There will be more to come.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
The government owns the copyright to it.

I don't know if that's true or not, but that's not the issue though. Who owns the rights to the American flag's image? :dunno:

EVERYBODY is allowed to display the American flag without having to worry about being asked to take it down. So, how is that any different than The Bill of Rights?

It's stupid.

It's called local governments being a bunch of pricks. I love how they abuse their little authorities. And then they wonder why the "big, bad state/federal government" has to come stomping on their parade.

Ummm, maybe it's because you little magots of a government forgot that little thing called "common sense"? If you use it, the "big, bad state/federal government" doesn't have a problem.

I grew up in a suburb of Cleveland which has the 2nd highest gay population per capita in the United States (behind San Francisco). The neighbors that lived right across the street from us hung a rainbow colored flag that resembled the American flag, except there was a rainbow where the stars would normally be.

Our city's government officials made them remove the flag, as they deemed it to be offensive to the United States, claiming that it was mocking the American flag. So, my neighbors took it down, as they didn't want to cause a problem.

A few days later, they put up another rainbow colored flag. It was a plain rectangle flag that had rainbow colored stripes on it. Our city's government officials asked them to remove the flag, as they deemed it to be offensive to the United States, claiming that it was mocking the American flag. They claimed that the "stripes" were too similar to that of the American flag's and asked that they remove the flag from their porch. My neighbors said "NO", it caused a temporary uproar in our neighborhood and the city's government officials tried to force them, by law, to take down the flag. My neighbors kept saying "NO" and eventually the city gave up and allowed them to hang the flag.

The reason that the city gave up so easily? They had no legal right to tell them that their flag had to be taken down. They just didn't want a gay flag hanging off of a house, so they tried to bully them into removing it. It's funny too, because we have the SECOND HIGHEST NUMBER OF GAY PEOPLE PER CAPITA IN THE UNITED STATES!!!

Local governments just want to act as if they have some extreme amount of power and love to test their grounds by bullying people in completely unnecessary situations.

I don't know if that's true or not
It's not remotely true. Furthermore, even if a sanctioned monopoly was granted on the work under copyright, the duration would have expired over a century ago, closer to two (and well before Sunny Bono + extensions).

but that's not the issue though. Who owns the rights to the American flag's image? :dunno:
Such things have been and will always be in the public domain.

IEVERYBODY is allowed to display the American flag without having to worry about being asked to take it down. So, how is that any different than The Bill of Rights?
Apparently not, because you can make issues about size, appropriateness, view, etc... and get your case heard.

IIt's stupid.
It's called geezers with too much time on their hands. Welcome to various counties in Florida.

Palm county is one even Floridians make fun of.

We need to get the government OUT OF OUR FUCKING BUSINESS... literally and figuratively.

If it's YOUR property, they tell you what to do? That's bullshit, and that is NOT what America is all about. And fuck anyone who gets "offended" because it's YOURS! They can go somewhere else. It's called freedom of choice.

LOL, look at all of you petrified, knee-jerk mother f* * * *ers!

Heh, this shit really amazes me!

This story isn't about Big Government vs. the Little Guy.

This is about some small, backwater-ass town doing what it can to scrape money out of its local businesses.

End of story.

The town tried it before with that "too many flags" bullshit, and failed. And guess what? They are going to fail again. This small business owner has the ACLU swooping in to defend him, so its practically a done deal.

You alarmists out there need to pump your brakes, and stop reacting like scared little children at every red flag.

"What? Did he just say 'red flag'? OMG! Communism! <shiver,shiver>"

LOL, look at all of you petrified, knee-jerk mother f* * * *ers!

Heh, this shit really amazes me!

This story isn't about Big Government vs. the Little Guy.

This is about some small, backwater-ass town doing what it can to scrape money out of its local businesses.

End of story.

The town tried it before with that "too many flags" bullshit, and failed. And guess what? They are going to fail again. This small business owner has the ACLU swooping in to defend him, so its practically a done deal.

You alarmists out there need to pump your brakes, and stop reacting like scared little children at every red flag.

"What? Did he just say 'red flag'? OMG! Communism! <shiver,shiver>"

It's extortion by a government of it's citizens, citizens that are supposed to look to their government for PROTECTION of their rights.

Drip... drip... drip...

It may not seem like a big deal, just one small drip of tyranny... but it all adds up, and the next thing you know, they are kicking in your door without a warrant and denying you due process of law.

Oh wait, they already do that :cool:

When there's even letters being written by soldiers in the middle of a war, clearly you should just back down, what the hell are these people thinking?

"One letter from a U.S. captain serving in Iraq was read into the court record today, as he berated city officials: "You have no right to override the Constitution and the principals for which so many men and women have fought and died to uphold."

feller469

Moving to a trailer in Fife, AL.
petty issues for petty minds, the people need to step back, take a deep breath, realize this is all bullshit and then go fishing