• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Final Fantasy

Are there any fans of the series here...?
Any thoughts on part 13 which is to be released somewhere 2010?
Did you guys think part 12 sucked as much as I did?

I haven't played 12 yet even though I've had it since it was released. I just haven't had time to get to RPGs lately and I'm actually still on another RPG. Other than that I've played from 7 to 10. I do want to get 13 when it comes out though to add to my Final Fantasy Collection.

I loved 7-10. 10-2 was okay, but 12 sucked. Ashe's butt was wabout the only good thing about that game

13 looks like a complete bastardization of the series. I am no longer caring for the Final Fantasy games anymore. Especially considering Hironobu Sakaguchi (the maker of Final Fantasy) is no longer apart of Square. Not to mention Nobuo Uematsu (the music composer of the Final Fantasy games) left as well. He still freelances music with Square. But he does a lot with Sakaguchi in his new studio Mistwalker.

In other words, Final Fantasy is going down the road of destruction for a reason. It is just another name in the sea of games.

I have not played Final Fantasy XII. I simply cannot come to play it. It does look neat, but I just can't come to play it. I enjoy all the Final Fantasy games from 1 on up to 10. X-2 is when I knew the series was going down a long and slippery slope.

With Final Fantasy XIII, I am sure it is known about, but nevertheless, there will be two. An RPG game and a action game (along the lines of Dirge of Cerebus), so indeed. I have no interest in the Final Fantasy games anymore.

I enjoy the past games and other games I play. I personally cannot play the newer games.

Torre82

Moderator \ Jannie
Staff member
Havent played the series.. *seriously* since FFX. FFX2 was bullshit unless you want to wank to hawt 3d girls. FF11 was a weak, awful MMORPG.. and FF12? Who the hell actually played it? :p

The series is truly on it's last legs. *Final fantasy* indeed. 12 games after the fact.. they're hitting rock bottom, again.

ChefChiTown

The secret ingredient? MY BALLS
What they need to do is follow up on all of the internet rumors and actually re-make FFVII. Keep the same exact story line, same exact scenes, same exact everything...with the exception of the graphics. Update the fuck out of the graphics and re-release it for PS3.

If they did that, then FFVII (re-release) would be one of the best selling games of all-time.

Yeah, I'd buy a remake of part VII right away!
And though X-2 was the first game without the true final fantasy 'feel', I didn't like X as much as the previous games allready.
They should just pimp and re-release part I-IX or X and put it on a few blu rays in a collectors edition box or something: they would sell millions and millions!

What they need to do is follow up on all of the internet rumors and actually re-make FFVII. Keep the same exact story line, same exact scenes, same exact everything...with the exception of the graphics. Update the fuck out of the graphics and re-release it for PS3.

If they did that, then FFVII (re-release) would be one of the best selling games of all-time.

Couldn't agree more, been hearing all about a FFVII remake for years but as usual nothing, it would be by far the best option for them rather than making new stories with new characters whom seem to be getting further into the depths of emo.

Paveman: Sakaguchi has two games out so far with great success! Those are Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey.

Blue Dragon is a old school RPG. Meaning, you will, if you do not have the strategy guide, will be using pen and paper to write down where certain things are in the game or locations.

Lost Odyssey is great. It is his vein of RPG style. I have yet to play this game, but I will in the near future.

As for anymore new games coming out, I am unsure. Seeing their third game Cry On was canned. Despite their solid first two games. It is just so many people, especially being a lot of gamers now are teens who are used to online shoot 'em up games, seem to not partake in many games outside of the online arena. Especially games people do not look into, and just because they never heard of the series or completely oblivious to who made it because it does not include some well known studio name behind it, it will be a lot harder for it to garner success as much as a Resident Evil or Call of Duty game.

So many people look past everything if it is not a well known title or franchise anymore. It is sad. JRPG cannot be said it never really had a strong foothold in America. That is bull! How many Final Fantasy games been sold in America alone? Look at Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Parasite Eve, Persona, Valkyrie, the list goes on and on and on. It is just many new gamers, younger gamers, like in other areas of life are dumbed down so much to the point a game that has more talking than it does bullets seems to be an instant turn off. Of course, I am not saying ALL, but take a look around.

Resident Evil went from Survival Horror to just your average shoot 'em up action game. Most games anymore are shooters or generic RPG games with action elements still implemented in them, ala Fable, KOTOR, Mass Effect.

I could go on and on. But you either know what I am talking about or you don't. Thing is, a studio like Mistwalker, formed by Sakaguchi, is given the shaft because Square (Now Square-Enix is no longer in the corner where people can fully recognize it is 'quality')

Sad but true.

I got I and II for my Game Boy Advance, and then X, X-2, and XII for my PS2 and I've loved them all. I remember during the first week of playing X, I had to stop for a week because I starting having dreams about Yuna and me having to help her.

It is just so many people, especially being a lot of gamers now are teens who are used to online shoot 'em up games, seem to not partake in many games outside of the online arena.

I think someday in the near future online games will be the death of pretty much all good video games that are made or can potentially be made. Online games are good time wasters or places to be social with other people, but they almost always suck as far as the game itself, especially if your an RPG fan or just somebody that likes a good story. I think most good games are more like a book in video game form than a place where you just hit buttons. I will lament the day that single player games goes to the wasteside. Sadly to grab as much money as they can the game studios' time and resources will probably go a lot more towards making the online ones in the future.

Thanks Whimsy for the info. And true, very true, concerning your story.
Seeing the reactions here and on boards all across the net, I'd say, there still is an audience for more in-depth games. Sadly, the games you listed seem to be awesome games, but X360 or NDS exclusives... I don't have an X360 or NDS and I'm not planning to buy 'em next to my PS3 and (got it for free) Wii.
Otherwise I'd buy these games right away!! I don't fancy these action RPG's they come up with these days!

Come to think of it, it seems games anymore are losing their souls, and rather quickly at that!

Anymore a game is put out, and before you know it there is a patch to fix something, update something, or add something to the game. It just seems like a complete slap to the faces of people who truly appreciate video games and what they are. I do not remember ever having to download glitch/bug fixing patches for so many games on the PS2 or Xbox. I do not remember re-released games hitting the shelves because the first release of the game was so broken, or had a game ending glitch at some point for some people's copies.

One can argue the, 'well, it is new technology and they aren't used to it.' Well, was the technology not advanced and top of the line when making games on past consoles? I do not recall so many games, especially big title named games, having so many problems on the previous consoles before these current generation of consoles. And if there was a problem, it was more annoying than it was game breaking or aggravating in losing items, weapons, etc. in games.

A game was either made right, and went on to garner success; or the game failed! There were no patches to make it better. You either did your job right the first time, or move on and hope the second game does not fail. When a game came out, you played the whole thing from beginning to end! A sequel may or may not come out; nonetheless, you were not worried so much about bugs and glitches and patches and online downloads and buying more additions to the game!

Now, a developer seems to just make a game, test it here and there and send it out (hopefully around holiday season) and not worry about a thing. If many problems arise, make a patch! Send out additional parts of the game for purchase online; if not have online via console, tough luck.

I don't know, maybe it is just me again. But games seem to be heading in a typical direction of soulless abyss.

Do not mistake me for hating games, truth be told, I play many games across the board. I love games. Which is why I can write in an unadulterated fashion regarding what I am seeing nowadays compared to how it was when I first started playing games on the Atari and NES. Came a long way. But like many, many aspects of life, it is only sooner or later before the purity is lost and the whoring begins.

I will still always play games; enjoy games and not stop anytime soon. Just kind of adding onto what I was saying earlier in this thread regarding Final Fantasy, game studies, and how games are nowadays. Think of it as a "patch" to my previous thread! HAH

I love the FF series. I've played just about all of them but I have to say that SE is going down hill again. The newer FF's, including 12, aren't on par with their classics such as VII. Their new RPGs they make aren't all that special either. Hopefully Star Ocean will help them out though.

You're absolutely right ~~whimsey~~!
Sometimes I just wonder how they dare charge gamers for useless additions that don't add a thing to the gaming experience. Problem is: most people don't recognize it as such, because it isn't reviewed as frequently as entire games.
I mean: everyone knew the Army Men games sucked, because there wasn't a critic who didn't warn the world of it's uselessness.
It's all about making business nowadays. And true gaming gems don't sell as much, because it isn't mainstream enough. Sadly enough Square-Enix has become mainstream all the way. Too bad for people like us, who'd kill for another experience just like FFVII and - because nothing reaches that height - keep whining about the industry and just keep playing those oldies....