• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Fighting games

I ask about that on every forum. Any fighting games fans here? FGC, where you at?

I'm currently playing Street Fighter V on PC. Looking forward to play Tekken 7.

I'm a fighting game fan. Been playing fighters since I played Street Fighter II: World Warrior back in the arcades. I consider myself more pro-casual, as in that I don't play hardcore like I used to when I was kid, I get my ass kicked quite a bit and I don't enter tournaments but I've been playing them for a long time and I know enough to know what I'm doing.

I have games that span across multiple consoles from PS1 to 360 to PS4 and right now I have Street Fighter V, MK X, DOA 5, Injustice and WWE 2k17 (which I guess could be considered fighting or sports) on PS4. I'm looking forward to Injustice 2.

FreeOnes_Adam

FO Admin - 19 Cents of Magical Cock (her/shey)
Staff member
I play the classics. Street Fighter II through the Alpha series.

X-Men VS Street Fighter might be my favourite of all that stuff. Mortal Kombat is also my jam.

When I was a kid I was playing Street Fighter II and Mortal Kombat II on Amiga. Good times. I'm glad that most of the new fighting games are now available on Steam, since I never had a console, so I had to find stuff like MUGEN or use emulators.

I'm currently playing Street Fighter V as well but I'll wait till that March update they suppose to be putting out. Season 2 update just made everybody bad. Also playing KOF XIV and Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. Actually kind of excited for Tekken 7 as well as Injustice 2 and Guilty Gear Rev 2. A lot of fighting games out this year.

I'm a fighting game fan. Been playing fighters since I played Street Fighter II: World Warrior back in the arcades. I consider myself more pro-casual, as in that I don't play hardcore like I used to when I was kid, I get my ass kicked quite a bit and I don't enter tournaments but I've been playing them for a long time and I know enough to know what I'm doing.

I have games that span across multiple consoles from PS1 to 360 to PS4 and right now I have Street Fighter V, MK X, DOA 5, Injustice and WWE 2k17 (which I guess could be considered fighting or sports) on PS4. I'm looking forward to Injustice 2.
You pretty much described me to a T right there :)
I started when it was impressive to a 4+ combo, where you had to fight for every hit; heck you could win matches by landing 3 combos and nothing else! A time when consistently being able to hit Zangief's screwdriver was the sign of an expert and you could tell the strength of a special move by how deep the character's voice was. A time where you could win matches with the Psycho Crusher but could lose friends by doing so.
I could beat SF2 (all editions) on the hardest difficulty, but admittedly I relied on patterns a lot (beating Sagat & Vega with jumpkicks anyone?)
I also bought SF2: HD remix and while it was nostalgic, it also showed how much the genre has changed.

I think I started losing interest when it became less about pure strategy and more about how consistently you could hit 50+hit aerial-rave combos.
I do enjoy the different takes on the genre (Rival Schools, Smash Bros, etc) and still play them casually, but with so many other genres I couldn't dedicate myself to mastering the combos for a specific game.