• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Feeding the Trolls

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have a conundrum. There are several obvious trolls on FreeOnes just now. Do we ignore them, feed them, or abuse them?

Really, it's a wash. If we ignore them, they go away. Then there is no one to make fun of. We're all given a wide latitude when dealing with trolls. So if the trolls go away, we have to behave better.

If we feed them, they just troll more. The hilarity mounts, but at some point it becomes irritating beyond belief. Witness a member who may have had a name that was inspired by the events of September 11. He was fun to abuse and mock and so forth for a while, and then it was just irritating. The mods had to step in.

That leaves us to abusing them. This essentially amounts to feeding them. I admit, it's hard to not abuse some of the trolls here. However, some abuse can be good, right?

So, what are we to do? What do you recommend?

Trolls. Discuss. Carefully. This thread isn't intended to break rules. It may hopefully provide options.

Mr. Daystar

In a bell tower, watching you through cross hairs.
You know what, sometimes you just have to lighten up, and have a sense of humor. It's just the internet....we aren't saving the world from tyranny here. I understand there are rules, and some people want to have serious, topical discussions...but really, it isn't causing anyone to lose money, or causing physical harm. When they go to far, a mod will ban them, and another one will come along, and it'll all happen again.

ApolloBalboa

Was King of the Board for a Day
Kind of a toss-up, I think. Certain members like you mentioned were and can be ignored, but even though we may pretend they're not there, they don't go away. Abusing them does nothing to dissuade them, but provides us with the satisfaction of needling them and sometimes proving their lack of intelligence, common sense, etc.

I don't think that there's much we can do differently when it comes to the occasional person on this board who may rub us the wrong way. We can ignore them, we can make fun of them, but ultimately, how the situation ends depends on the other person, and that's left completely in their hands.

John_8581

FreeOnes Lifetime Member
Q: Are we not men? A: We are Devo!

Abuse them. :troll: :elaugh:

Hehe. :) ;) :) ;) :)

So we have a conundrum. There are several obvious trolls on FreeOnes just now. Do we ignore them, feed them, or abuse them?

Really, it's a wash. If we ignore them, they go away. Then there is no one to make fun of. We're all given a wide latitude when dealing with trolls. So if the trolls go away, we have to behave better.

If we feed them, they just troll more. The hilarity mounts, but at some point it becomes irritating beyond belief. Witness a member who may have had a name that was inspired by the events of September 11. He was fun to abuse and mock and so forth for a while, and then it was just irritating. The mods had to step in.

That leaves us to abusing them. This essentially amounts to feeding them. I admit, it's hard to not abuse some of the trolls here. However, some abuse can be good, right?

So, what are we to do? What do you recommend?

Trolls. Discuss. Carefully. This thread isn't intended to break rules. It may hopefully provide options.

LukeEl

I am a failure to the Korean side of my family
here is a solution dirk we should deck them out as the Gimp, you know the way we solve all our quanumdrums out on Freeones.

bahodeme

Closed Account
The Trolls here remind me of when I was in school there is always that one weird kid that would bring worms to school and eat them or do other strange crap. So like then I'll ignore them until they get to a certain point, then say what needs to be said & go on my merry way. I guess they feel negative attention is better than no attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.