• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Feds Shutdown Top File-Sharing Site, Megaupload Today

Erika Red

Official Checked Star Member
The federal authorities on Thursday announced that they had charged seven people connected to the Web site Megaupload, including its founder, with running an international criminal enterprise centered on copyright infringement on the Internet.

According to a grand jury indictment, Megaupload — one of the most popular “locker” services on the Internet, which lets users anonymously transfer large files — generated $175 million in income for its operators through subscription fees and advertising, while causing $500 million in damages to copyright holders.

Four of the seven people, including the site’s founder Kim Dotcom, born Kim Schmitz, have been arrested in New Zealand, the Justice Department and Federal Bureau of Investigation said on Thursday; the three others remain at large. The seven — who a grand jury indictment calls part of a “Mega Conspiracy” — have been charged with five counts of copyright infringement and conspiracy, the authorities said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/20/technology/indictment-charges-megaupload-site-with-piracy.html?_r=1

http://news.yahoo.com/apnewsbreak-feds-shut-down-file-sharing-website-193903205.html

Hopefully (RSHARE &) many others will follow! This is always awesome news, to any of us ladies in the industry, whenever piracy sites like these and illegal tube sites are shut down.

Hopefully they will go after the 100 of thousands of individuals whom downloaded the pirated material, just as they did again Napster, etc. since they reference Napster in their court documents.

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
I think democracy died a little today.

SOPA, PIPA... BYOB

LOL

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
idk

Ace Boobtoucher

Founder and Captain of the Douchepatrol
What the fuck are they doing arresting Kiwis? I hope Anonymous keeps their websites fucked up for months.

This could get quite interesting. MegaUpload has always claimed they comply with the DMCA, and if there isn't a smoking gun that proves otherwise, the prosecution is going to have some trouble making their case.

From a timing standpoint, people are making the argument that this is going to bolster support for SOPA/PIPA. I disagree. IMHO, this actually bolsters the case that existing laws are sufficient to prosecute copyright violators.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
From a timing standpoint, people are making the argument that this is going to bolster support for SOPA/PIPA. I disagree. IMHO, this actually bolsters the case that existing laws are sufficient to prosecute copyright violators.

This

Hopefully (RSHARE &) many others will follow! This is always awesome news, to any of us ladies in the industry, whenever piracy sites like these and illegal tube sites are shut down.

Hopefully they will go after the 100 of thousands of individuals whom downloaded the pirated material, just as they did again Napster, etc. since they reference Napster in their court documents.
Yeah, this is awesome. Freedom on the internet is dying, Amazing !
If I were you, I would move to a country where freedom is banned for good, something like North Korea or Myanmar...

Ace Bandage

The one and only.
If you live in Myanmar are you Myanmarian or Myanmaran?

Or are you just fucked?

[

Pretty sure quite a few of them are members here and are actually your fans. :stir: