• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Favourite play in sports?

Favourite play in sports?

• Homerun

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Triple Play

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penalty Shot

• Breakaway

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Hail Mary

• Big Hit (NFL)

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Punt Return

• Slam Dunk

• Buzzer Beater

• Big block (NBA)

• Penalty Kicks (Soccer)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Goalie goal

• Other

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

alexpnz

Lord Dipstick
Hard to beat a hockey break-away. I've seen them where everyone in the building is either screaming or holding their breath. It's an incredibly short time, but it can feel like it lasts forever. Getting behind the defense so there is only the net-minder to beat, and coming as fast as you can so no one can catch you.

Awesome.

Hard to beat a hockey break-away. I've seen them where everyone in the building is either screaming or holding their breath. It's an incredibly short time, but it can feel like it lasts forever. Getting behind the defense so there is only the net-minder to beat, and coming as fast as you can so no one can catch you.

Awesome.

The only thing that sucks about this.... is the trying to stop before you kill yourself part. I know from experience. This guy ran into the post head first. Lucky for him it was the side of his head.

The only thing that sucks about this.... is the trying to stop before you kill yourself part. I know from experience. This guy ran into the post head first. Lucky for him it was the side of his head.

While this is true, it only adds to the excitement/pressure of it. People who are masters of break-aways know the very real possibility that they're going to damage themselves at the end, but they plan only as far ahead as releasing the puck, and getting it past the net-minder. Then, they'll worry about creaming themselves, but until that puck is away, 100% concentration on getting the job done. It's a similar mental skill as goalies use. It happens many times that a goalie will get creamed after making the save, but the good goalies stay completely focused on stopping he puck, not worrying about what comes next.

While this is true, it only adds to the excitement/pressure of it. People who are masters of break-aways know the very real possibility that they're going to damage themselves at the end, but they plan only as far ahead as releasing the puck, and getting it past the net-minder. Then, they'll worry about creaming themselves, but until that puck is away, 100% concentration on getting the job done. It's a similar mental skill as goalies use. It happens many times that a goalie will get creamed after making the save, but the good goalies stay completely focused on stopping he puck, not worrying about what comes next.
God, there's is just nothing like hockey. I definitely agree that an "organic" breakaway is more exciting than a shootout/penalty shot, but I just had to post this clip. Keep in mind, it's Shawn Thornton.

I remember my buddy and I jumping out of our chairs when this happened. The tough-guy has some sweet, soft hands.

For me it's a walk-off home run or a buzzer beater shot in basketball. Something about how in the moment those events are. With something like soccer or hockey and taking penalty shots, it's intense and interesting, but not as much part of the game in my opinion.