• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Favourite Music/Most Hated Music

jod0565

Member, you member...
For me, I've always liked Pet Shop Boys, Rush, The Cure. 80's music I will always like - Romeo Void. I really liked rap when it was "new", no swearing and talking about sex, drugs, violence; Doug E Fresh, Rodney O - Joe Cooley. Now, it's all about sex.

My :2 cents:

How about this......i hear it, i like it, i listen to it, no matter what it is. Music is what it is, and if it appeals to me I listen to it period end of story. Why does anyone care what people DONT like? Stop spending so much time bashing what you dont like and just enjoy the music you DO like. Too much time is spent by people bashing music they dont like. There are people that dedicate entire websites to bands/artists they dont like. What a phenomenal waste of time, instead of trying to promote hate, build a website for a band you love instead. I saw a Linkin Park hate site that had a piece on how "simple" it is to write a Linkin Park song, yet it listed something like 35-40 different steps!!!! If it was so simple it should have been like maybe 10 steps, that person made themselves look like a fool. Stop promoting hate and just listen to what you like, there is enough hate in the world isnt there??

Musically, I'll give anything a chance once. I'm more an '80s-'90s kinda guy, but I am WAY into contemporary stuff in ways. I don't watch Mtv anymore since they don't show videos except at 3 a.m., and FM radio is bullshit.

As I listen to The Crystal Method ("High Roller") and write this, I say my fave bands are Coldplay, Radiohead, Deep Forest, Enigma, U96, Yello, Jam & Spoon, Skinny Puppy, The Cure, Cocteau Twins, Depeche Mode, Erasure, Pet Shop Boys, Underworld, Brandy, Craig David, New Order, and Metallica (anti-Napster fuckers). LOL I also LOVE LOVE LOVE classical music...Pavarotti makes me MELT...that voice!!!!! Shame I will never see him perform again... :(

WOOT! :nanner:

Last edited:
Bite me, Famousbabes!
kicknads.gif
lmao ;)

Famousbabes said:
I just make sure I don't listen to what Nightfly does. haha

I like music from Alice in Chains to ZZTOP and that would include most artists of all the other letters of the alphabet.

I think people are too concerned about "their own" image when it comes to music.

Simply put, music captures your mood and your soul.... if you feel like escaping reality by listening to britney and zoning out, slamming your head up and down while listening to Metallica, being politically moved by Rage, or making love to your lady while listening to Ray charles....what difference does it make.

as for being embarrassed by owning a britney cd....i have all of them....but i also have all of metallica, alice in chains, Public Enemy and so on and so on... hell i still have all my Kriss Kross Cd's......

"Popular music" has phases - Led Zeppelin were dismissed in my youth for being the spawn of the devil. They were considered "Heavy metal" or "Hard rock" in those days .... guess they never figured on hearing Pantera.

Me? There've been days when I've thrown on Beethoven.
But there are also days when I listen to Pearl Jam or Alice in Chains.

I dislike most "manufactured" pop -- how many records have Spice Girls or Backstreet Boys sold today? But I suppose I should thank the constant spawning of mediocrity and rubbish -- it helps me appreciate the good stuff even more! ;)

I also cannot fathom nor understand the point/concept behind Death Metal, most "electronica" etc.

I agree that slamming people for their musical tastes is a tasteless thing to do. Music is music - just because you can't appreciate it doesn't make those who do automatic idiots. Variety is indeed the spice of life.

My musical taste is quite ecclectic and varied - but I think I'm mostly a blues, jazz and 60s/70s rock kinda guy.

cheers,

I'm into music. Lables are for the narrow minded. I was really young back then but I can remember listening to FM radio in the 70's and they would play everything on the same station. I'm not a big fan of Techno,Disco or Alot of todays formula driven Pop, but if I hear something I like I'll listen to it.

What I like: modern bands like Rammstein, Slipknot, Mudvayne. Hair bands like Twisted Sister, Guns 'n Roses, Motley Crue. Classic Rock like Hendrix, Beatles, Rolling Stones.

What I hate: overrated and overplayed bands like Nickelback, downer music like Staind, sleep inducing music like Pink Floyd, and pearl jam ripoff Creed.

What I like: modern bands like Rammstein, Slipknot, Mudvayne. Hair bands like Twisted Sister, Guns 'n Roses, Motley Crue. Classic Rock like Hendrix, Beatles, Rolling Stones.

What I hate: overrated and overplayed bands like Nickelback, downer music like Staind, sleep inducing music like Pink Floyd, and pearl jam ripoff Creed.

Great choices, I agree with all except Twisted Sister!

dave_rhino

Closed Account
1) Rock (all genres)
2) electronic: such as dance, drum and bass, trance, techno (but it has to be REALLY REALLY good)
3) Hip Hop (Old Skool or original hip-hop, none of that 50-cent "lets go shoot a negro" bollocks)

hated:
Anything i don't like :D

Ok,

I was thinking today about the way the music industry has gone down the toilet. Music is all about image now and sex, (now sex is good), but can anyone say that they like Britney Spears for her music - (silence) - that's what I thought. Then there's Rap and R&B - I want to put a bullet in Eminem & 50 Cent's head - Ok, let's tone it down. Anyway please list the bands and singers you love and those you absolutely hate.

I'll start:

Favourite - Metallica (from 1983 to 1990), Iron Maiden (from the 80's), Jimi Hendrix, Smashing Pumpkins (damn you Britney and those like her for making them quit), The Darkness, Queen, Bowie, Garbage, U2, INXS, Johnny Cash, The Clash, The Sex Pistols, Tool, A Perfect Circle, Poe, Rolling Stones, ACDC, Rammstein, Rob Zombie, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Nine Inch Nails, Ozzy Osborne, Motorhead, Niel Young, Trooper, Van Halen, Bush, Guns N' Roses, Kiss, Lenny Kravitz, Heart, Led Zepplin, Rush, and many more....

Hated - All rap, R&B is gay, boy bands are gay, Britney, Christina, and those like them all whores with no talent.

There,
I'm done.
ROCK/METAL rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers.

If you rely on MTV and FM broadcast radio, I agree! But if you dig a ittle there is some incredible bands out right now! :glugglug:

That's a shame 'cause Metal is the best Music ever! :bowdown:

Unfortunately, that's not true anymore. What's being called Metal these days is just as much about image, and as little about good writing, and playing as any "pop" group out there these days.

Unfortunately, that's not true anymore. What's being called Metal these days is just as much about image, and as little about good writing, and playing as any "pop" group out there these days.

i dont consider most of the new stuff metal either. arch enemy i like though. they just try too hard to be hard. the names are the worst. my favorite horrible name is "between the buried and me." what does that mean? or how about "bullet for my valentine?" :1orglaugh