• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Favorite Stanley Kubrick film.

Steve-FreeOnes

FO Admin / "rude, unnecessary attitude" (he/they)
Staff member
Kubrick is probably my favourite ever director but conversely directed one of my least favourite films of all time, 2001: A Space Odyssey. Just, ugh.

All his most popular ones have been mentioned here, but The Killing is one of the most underrated crime movies of all time and incredibly influential for many years to come. Fantastic film.

For those of us that like 2001, I think it is the many interpretations of the film that intrigue us.

He really has made some very iconic films. I would say my personal favorite is Dr. Strangelove though I love about every film he made except Eyes Wide Shut which could have been a good film w/o Tom Cruise in it. 2001:A Space Odyssey and The Killing would be a close second and third. I am not sure Spartacus should be counted as it is the one film that he really only directed. He had no say over the casting, script or final cut of the film. While it is a great film, it really does not have the extra Kubrick touch that his other films have.

Patrick_S

persona non grata

Paths of Glory
Spartacus
Dr Strangelove
A clockwork orange
The Killing

I still have to see Clockwork Orange (yes, shame on me, I know), but I've always had a soft spot for 2001 and Eyes Wide Shut. Then again, I do have to be in the mood for those.

I felt asleep really deep with 2001... I guess I pick that one, clockwork orange was to loud to get confortable...

Lust

Lost at Birth
paths of glory
spartacus
dr strangelove
clockwork orange

gentlemen, you can't fight in here! this is the war room!