• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Favorite racing video games

What are your favorite racing video games?

I'm going to list one for each system I've played a racer on (you don't have to list as many as I did):

Atari 2600: Enduro
NES: R.C. Pro-AM
Sega Master System: Enduro Racer
Sega Genesis: Outrun
Super NES: F-Zero
Nintendo 64: Mario Kart 64
PlayStation: Gran Turismo 2
Dreamcast: 4x4 Evolution
PS2: Burnout 3: Takedown
Gamecube: 4x4 Evo 2
Xbox: Forza Motorsport
Xbox 360: Burnout Revenge
Game Boy: Super R.C. Pro-AM
Game Boy Color: Top Gear Pocket 2
Game Boy Advance: Need For Speed Most Wanted
Nintendo DS: Mario Kart DS

Diddy Kong racing on the 'ol N64! It's overly cute and kiddy I know, but a fun racing game non the less. I especially liked that it had an actual story and adventure to play through! And it had some of the best graphics on the 64.

And it's the kinda game you can invite a girlfriend to play. (Just remember she has to take something off everytime she loses...right?);)

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
The original need for speed always brings back good memories, i like the whole NFS Series to be honest.

Decent series. Though I didn't really get into em that much till NFS: Underground 1 & 2! Most Wanted was pretty good too! Carbon fuckin sucked!

Diddy Kong racing on the 'ol N64! It's overly cute and kiddy I know, but a fun racing game non the less. I especially liked that it had an actual story and adventure to play through! And it had some of the best graphics on the 64.

Diddy Kong Racing was indeed a good one. I heard they're making a sequel for the DS, hope it's as good as the first!

The original need for speed always brings back good memories, i like the whole NFS Series to be honest.

The Need For Speed series has been pretty good - I have most of them. I haven't bought Carbon yet though, but I liked the demo, though I will admit it seems like a step down from Most Wanted. My favorite of the PlayStation games was High Stakes, and Most Wanted was my favorite of the current-gen stuff.

bigbadbrody

Banned
Rad Racer, for NES

Legzman

How could I have forgoten Excitebike!
Best racing game ever!!!!!

Legzman

any Gran Turismo.
Hardest damn game to play! Not talking about handling the car, I'm talkin about the length of the damn game! I can't sit there through that much damn slow ass racing! Beautiful game, but just ran to slow for my taste! I'm curious about the new one on the ps3?

Polyphony seems to have quite a bit in the works for GT5. The Gran Turismo official site lists the genre for Gran Turismo HD Concept as "Real Driving Simulator," the same genre that's been used for the series since the original PlayStation version. For Gran Turismo 5, the genre is listed as "Online Car Life Simulator."

Diddy Kong Racing was indeed a good one. I heard they're making a sequel for the DS, hope it's as good as the first!

Oh yeah? (..checks it out..) Hmm, apparently a remake, excluding characters such as Banjo and Conkers and including Donkey Kong.. still cool though. Uhm, so is DS any good? If it is, I might consider getting one..there are some other good games on it, but I figure the two screens would throw me off..:confused:

(oh and not to get really off topic, but who is the girl in your signature 'cause damn!:bowdown: )

**** 2 for the playstation, great game. challenging game with a multiplayer career in which you were team mates and it needed both of you to get through to new stage. donnigton in the rain stumped me many times!!

i'm excited for the new F1 2007 game for the ps3, my friend has the system and says he's getting the game. i hope its as awesome is it looks. too bad i'll never own the system and game though.

i really like forza motorsport, but the colin mcrae series (i have 04) is great fun for rally racing, and road rash from sega genesis