• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Favorite Beers

What is your favorite beer? Do you have a perfect beer for an event, season, meal? My favorite everyday beer is Fat Tire from New Belgium. It's thirst quenching, balanced and easy drinking. Its appearance lives up to its beer style, amber. Now that it's hit 90 degrees in the DC area, I'll certainly enjoy a few on the deck tonight as I prepare some grilled burgers.:drunk:

Mayhem

Banned
Mirror Pond Pale Ale (in the summer)
Black Butte Porter (in the winter)
Sam Adams Boston Lager (because I can't get the other two in Vegas)
Konig Ludwig Dunkel (when I was stationed in Germany)

Sam Adams
Yeungling

Well, as I've stated the last 6 times someone has started this thread, I'm a beer snob, and my tastes change daily. I tend to like darker, thicker brews, like porters, stouts, brown ales, and amber ales, but it really depends on my mood that day. I generally don't like hoppy beers, yet last week I was fiending for an Arrogant Bastard Ale or a Big Daddy IPA. I tend not to like piss water, yet I'm perfectly happy drinking PBR. Like I said, my favorite on any given day depends on my mood that day, the weather, what foods I'm eating, etc.

L3ggy

Special Operations FOX-HOUND
I like me some Staropramen, and I've me a new German one.

Genesee Cream Ale, Becks, Amstel, Coors - not necessarily in that order. I don't drink a lot of beer, but when I do drink it (and when I have a choice), I drink one of these four.

Mayhem

Banned
Genesee Cream Ale, Becks, Amstel, Coors - not necessarily in that order. I don't drink a lot of beer, but when I do drink it (and when I have a choice), I drink one of these four.

Oh shit, it's been forever since I've seen Genesee or thought about it! Hmmm...maybe I'll call around and see if anyone stocks it around here. :fingerscrossed:

Genesee can be hard to find, but as you know, it definitely is worth the effort. I've never had another ale or beer like it. Just thinking about it makes me think I also may need to visit my local carryout. Good luck in your search.

:scream: DIRK!!! :scream:

I'm not getting any younger, here...

vodkazvictim

Why save the world, when you can rule it?
:scream: DIRK!!! :scream:

I'm not getting any younger, here...
That's painfully apparent to me when I'm stalking you. It's called moisturiser, yeah?

Guiness
Fuhli
Sibirskaya Korona
Banana Beer
Fosters + Vodka (oh here we go...)
Alfa (often + Vissino or lemon)
Baltika (especially 3 - that stuff is like drugs).

Let the railing on VV begin.

I'm a big fan of the following at present :

Brewdog's Punk IPA, 5AM Saint and Cocoa Psycho
Badger's Golden Glory, Golden Champion, Long Days and Poacher's Choice
Harviestoun Bitter & Twister
Enville Ginger

I like a pale golden ale, any summer beers that taste of citrus or melon or honey. Also got a lot of time for porters and dark ruby beers with tastes of berries, chocolate, coffee or oats. Basically I like any beer that tastes of something, rather than nothing.

For a refreshing lager style beer, I quite like Asahi. Although I tried the "Black" variant the other day and wasn't impressed. Fizzy stout.

Well, as I've stated the last 6 times someone has started this thread, I'm a beer snob, and my tastes change daily. I tend to like darker, thicker brews, like porters, stouts, brown ales, and amber ales, but it really depends on my mood that day. I generally don't like hoppy beers, yet last week I was fiending for an Arrogant Bastard Ale or a Big Daddy IPA. I tend not to like piss water, yet I'm perfectly happy drinking PBR. Like I said, my favorite on any given day depends on my mood that day, the weather, what foods I'm eating, etc.

I tend to agree with you and your tastes.
I like ales, porters and stouts. l generally keep around Smithwick's Ale and a couple of oil cans of Fosters Special Ale. it is better than regular Fosters.
Love Guiness Stout , Bass Ale is good. I like Boddington's Ale a lot. Magic Hat #9 is good
Don't like really hoppy beers either. I might have one with a meal, but don't enjoy more than one.
I do like Stella Artois, Heineken, Hoffbrau and almost every German brew that I have ever had.
They have $2 PBRs at times at a local near me and I am okay with that. Yeungling is not bad.
If I am eating at a Chinese place I usually order a Tsing Tao. Not bad.
Miller Lite is okay and even Coors Light but no Budweiser and not fond of Corona

squallumz

knows petras secret: she farted.
guinness is my favourite.
asahi
tsingtao
sam adams is good too but i rarely have it. i think it might be damn good though.
pretty much all stouts really.. yum.
and yes, i like fosters. fuck off.

These not many beers I like, though there are lots I haven't tried, but most I have are too yeasty or bitter for my liking. I avoid Pilsners and IPA's and most lagers. I love craft style Ales and Porters.
A brand here called James Squire is my favourite. They make 4 beers that I can drink any day, any time.
The Chancer - A golden ale
150 Lashes - A pale ale
9 Tales - An amber ale
Jack Of Spades - A porter.
I also recently tried their Irish Style Stout called the Craic which was pretty good.

White Rabbit dark ale and 2 Brothers Growler are American Style brown ales which are ok if James Squire aren't available. Prickley Moses Red Ale is another I like.

The only lager style beers I like are Japanese. Asahi Super Dry is my fav and Sapporo is almost as good. I love their malty flavour and they aren't overly bitter.

Beez Neez is an Aussie honey wheat beer which is also quite good.

If I'm desperate for choice of beer at a pub or bar were none of the previous beers are available, I'll go for Kirin, Hoegaarden wheat beer or another Aussie beer called James Boag Draught. If these last 3 aren't available then it's off to Jack Daniels or Wild Turkey for me.