• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

Fast-food worker returns $185,000 check

slowhand

Closed Account
NORWICH, Conn. - Reggie Damone just wanted to jot down a phone number when he picked up what he thought was litter on a sidewalk this week. But what he found was an envelope containing a $185,000 check.

Damone, who receives food stamps and works at McDonald's, said he didn't think twice about trying to cash it. Instead, the 47-year-old took a bus Monday from his Jewett City home to a bank and returned the check to the niece of the landlord to whom the check was written.

She thanked Damone with a $50 bill.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080102...es_returned;_ylt=Auy_d8Uqz_f5wBiVPDW0YrTtiBIF

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
I agree....a lousy $50? Cheapskate bitch! Very noble and honorable act on his part though so kudos to him!

strictly speaking, would he really have been able to cash it anyways.

Good on him though. :thumbsup:

i doubt an attempt to cash the check would do him any good and the tip is a sad reflection on the person who gave it in my opinion.

It was good of him to return it, but the chances of him somehow being able to keep the money if he didn't were about nil. It would be an easy mater to trace where the money went.

I bet he fantasized about cashing it and what he could do with that money. Most would. I highly doubt he would have been able to cash it anyway. As for the $50 bucks...it's better than nothing

georges

Staff member
He is honest and that is appreciable. Honesty always pays.

Legzman

what the fuck you lookin at?
So, he returned damn near a quarter million dollars and only got 50 bucks?

This is why when I find such things they become mine!

If for some unforeseen reason, I did return it and only got 50 bucks. I'd have thrown it back at her and smacked her for being such a stuck up snotty cheap bitch!:thefinger

50 bucks, i probably would have let her keep it.

im thinkin anything under 500.00 here is cheap, maybe he couldnt have cashed the cheque, but if that falls into the wrong hands, maybe somebody could have

You never read "college graduate returns $185,000 check"; the graduate would have deposited it. See? The more educated you are, the better off financially you are.
LOL.

The Satyr Icon

He is honest and that is appreciable. Honesty always pays.
Yep. He may not have "the riches today"; but he has earned an amount far more valuable than the riches of this world..."character".

Yeah, but it pays a lousy $50 apparently.
That's only if "everybody" (and trust me, most folks do not) looked it through your selfish 'vision' of "doing it for the expected reward".... rather than "doing what's right".
In your opinion - that 50 quid is 'lousy' "pay".
And that's where it shall stay..... in your conceptions of what amounts to "rewards": "Lousy pay".

- R.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
Yep. He may not have "the riches today"; but he has earned an amount far more valuable than the riches of this world..."character".

That's only if "everybody" (and trust me, most folks do not) looked it through your selfish 'vision' of "doing it for the expected reward".... rather than "doing what's right".
In your opinion - that 50 quid is 'lousy' "pay".
And that's where it shall stay..... in your conceptions of what amounts to "rewards": "Lousy pay".

- R.

I'd rather recieve nothing than $50.

No reward would make you feel less cheated.

"If anything is worth doing, it's worth doing right"

I'd rather recieve nothing than $50.

No reward would make you feel less cheated.

How can one be cheated out of something that was never theirs in the first place? Sometimes people do things because it's the right thing to do and not because they can get something out of it.

dave_rhino

Closed Account
^ That's kind of my point.

I'd take the cheque back because I am an honest person, but I wouldn't want a reward.

But if they insisted on giving me one, then it should be more than $50.

I guess it's hard to understand my point...

The person who's cheque it was, would be thinking "Oh, he's given me the money back, so he probably wants something in return" and then they believe $50 is enough. If they just thought "Oh, he's a very honest person and obviously doing this makes him feel good about himself" then thats cool, no reward needed.

I totally understand if your still confused by what I'm trying to get across, I'm tired and having trouble explaining myself properly.

I'd take the cheque back because I am an honest person, but I wouldn't want a reward.

But if they insisted on giving me one, then it should be more than $50.

I guess it's hard to understand my point...

I understand your point.

Your stance is the same as mine.

And don't worry, karma is looking out for him!!

Will E Worm

Conspiracy...
It's better he returned the check. He would have been in big trouble if he would have tried to cash it.

But, she could have given him more than $50!

$1,050 :D

Return it, FUCK NO not with the New Ferrari coming out next year i wouldn't:1orglaugh:rofl: